Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2016 Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No surprises in the latest declarations and I can’t see any more than two or three in the current top 40 defecting before final declarations (not accounting for last minute injuries).

Comment

Like Paul Jones "win and your are in" idea.

Comment

Does anyone have the correct order of the horses carrying 10-2. I can't for the life of me find this information anywhere.

Bishops Road is 41, Knock House 42 but what is 43 & 44??

Comment

I read that earlier on the RP website OV.
          I can see the benefit but what if you've done everything right, got yourself a decent handicap mark then you watch a butch of inferior animals go out, win a race, get re handicapped and nick your spot in the starting line up ?
          The only way it works is if they push the entry deadline back a few weeks so the 'capper assesses them all after the trials and Cheltenham

Comment

FM - I think they're all level and lotts are drawn, when this takes place I don't know because those who don't qualify presumably will be declared to run in other races....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
              I read that earlier on the RP website OV.
              I can see the benefit but what if you've done everything right, got yourself a decent handicap mark then you watch a butch of inferior animals go out, win a race, get re handicapped and nick your spot in the starting line up ?
              The only way it works is if they push the entry deadline back a few weeks so the 'capper assesses them all after the trials and Cheltenham
              I think they could let previous winners and last years placed horses in. Not sure how it can work in other races.

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                I think they could let previous winners and last years placed horses in. Not sure how it can work in other races.
                I'd go along with that mayo, at least you know if you're no' 40 and no' 41 is last years runner up you don't get in and you can start thinking alternatives.
                The way the suggested solution works is that your horse qualifies and then someone else nicks a race and then you don't qualify, I can't see that being right....

Comment

I like to see horses coming back. Alvarado not getting in ( probably) is a pity.

Comment

I really hope the Highland Lodge gets its chance, would be a nice EW shot at this. Others I like are ,

Morning Assembly
                    Soll
                    Saint Are ( though it's price is getting worse!0
                    Ballycasey ( purely based on what might have been last year)
                    le Reve

Bigger bet on the Last Samurai and an Ante post on Druids.

Comment

• Comment

• Highland Lodge has no chance of getting in at this stage then, pity.

Comment

• Presumably all of those jocked-up are intended runners and the remaining without jockeys are mostly the JP/Giggingstown/Mullins horses, who are waiting for the first jockey to make their choice. With that in mind, are there any in the current top 40 who are likely to pull out before final declarations?

Comment

• The only one I think might not run is Gilgamboa but that's just a hunch!

Comment

• I thought it was an unlikely runner too, but saw this earlier:

http://www.racinguk.com/news/article...national-dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post

Wow, so I only need 3 to come out for Perfect Candidate to run ?
                                I'm off with my sniper rifle....

Comment

Working...
                                X