Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Nicky Henderson Stable Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And news on Chatterbox ?

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow View Post
      And news on Chatterbox ?
      Chatterbox 5g Poliglote - Ney Will The Not Afraid Partnership 2 1/114- RPR 148h, OR 143h

He’s lovely, although not over big, and represents the Bobs Worth team. Initially last autumn he found schooling over hurdles difficult, so we sent him to Marcus Foley’s for some intensive education. They did a great job and his jumping has been impeccable since then. He beat My Tent Or Yours at Newbury and followed up when returning there. I’d thought the festival was a year too soon for him, but there wasn’t much else for him and he was an honourable fourth in the Neptune. I’m not sure where he starts off, but he can only progress.

Comment

Usually Hennessy meeting before they start firing but must be a bit worries the way they are running.

Last edited by mayo; 17 December 2013, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Nicky Henderson is represented by Josses Hill and Royal Boy in Saturday's williamhill.com Levy Board Tolworth Hurdle field.

Josses Hill looked the part when making a winning debut over hurdles at Newbury in December and is joined in the rescheduled Kempton Grade One by Royal Boy, who signed off last season by finishing third in this race, but disappointed on his chasing debut at this track in November.

He looked far happier back over the smaller obstacles when winning over two and three-quarter miles at Ascot last month and the return to the minimum distance is not expected to be an issue.

Henderson said: "They are two slightly different horses, but both are very talented. Royal Boy has been running over a bit further, but he's not a slow horse. He was placed in this race last year and has some smart form at two miles, so I wouldn't be worried about coming back in trip, to be honest.

"Josses Hill is a lovely young horse. Yes he's a chaser for next year, but at the same time he's quite sharp and this is going to be a test, that is for certain. We know Royal Boy will handle the ground. Josses Hill might prefer it a bit better, but we'll see."

Comment

My Tent or Yours is at the forefront of the betting for the Champion, quoted at 4/1 by Sky Bet, after beating The New One at Kempton on Boxing Day.

But unlike other members of his stable who prefer their races better spaced out - and Henderson singled out Bobs Worth in that respect - the trainer feels that My Tent Or Yours needs another contest to keep him ticking over.

The reigning champion trainer has three entries for the Champion, although he described Grandouet's inclusion as "a fallback option".

"We've got the Arkle in mind for Grandouet," said Henderson. "He could run at Doncaster on Saturday week although I gather Hinterland might go there too, so now the score is two-love to him this season we've rather got to find something more.

"I don't know what happened to Rolling Star at Ascot in the Ladbroke last time other than that the ground was very soft. He seems in good form and I think he's a good horse. I hope he's a good horse.

"My Tent Or Yours will probably run at Wincanton [Kingwell Hurdle] or Sandown [Contenders Hurdle]. I love going to Kelso but I don't think we'll be taking in the Morebattle with him. I'd really love to go but I'm not sure it's really his race. Wincanton is probably the obvious place.

"It's going to be testing, but having said that, everywhere is. You look at the going descriptions for every meeting over the next couple of days and every one has the word 'heavy' in there somewhere. We've got another week of it too, so we'll be pretty quiet.

"He [My Tent Or Yours] can get himself terribly fresh and he is fresh now. He's literally squealing. Which is what I want of course. They're very good, these horses, when they talk to you, because if they're squealing, they're telling you 'I'm feeling well' and if they're not squealing.They do genuinely come out in the morning and let you know straight away how they are.

"When he's very fresh, he can also get very keen in his races and I think without a run, given that he can take a bit of a tug early on, he might just be better with a run. There's a long time between now and March.

"But having said that I'm going to say the opposite about a few other horses and say 'It's not a long time between now and March'. Bobs Worth definitely won't run again before the Gold Cup now."

Henderson also had news of some other members of his elite team, although he was delighted to say he had "nothing to report" about Sprinter Sacre, still on the comeback trail for the BetVictor Champion Chase.

"He's cantering away and there will be no tests or trials or anything for at least another couple of weeks," said the trainer, who also has Captain Conan as a possible Champion Chase contender.

"'Conan' came back a poorly horse from Sandown [when third behind Sire De Grugy in the Tingle Creek Chase]. His blood levels were wrong and his potassium was all over the place.

"We were actually disappointed at Sandown, he came there to win the race and you'd think he was going to, but then to be honest with you, he did tie up quite badly.

"The one thing we would have expected him to do was really gallop on from there and he didn't.

"That's why he's not in this weekend at Ascot. He's not ready for that but he'll be back somewhere. He's still in the Champion Chase picture and he's in the Ryanair too.

"Triolo D'Alene might go for the Argento, or possibly run here [in the Denman Chase]. It might be a useful thing to find out how he goes around Cheltenham, but the Grand National is really the objective. The Gold Cup was rather a speculative entry but as everyone seems to think the Hennessy winner should be in the Gold Cup, I put him in the Gold Cup.

"I hope he's one of three who will go for the National - him, Long Run and Shakalakaboomboom, who is in great form. If we can all get those three all there we might at least start the National with half a chance.

Champion trainer Nicky Henderson will saddle his first runner at Thurles when Une Artiste lines up in Thursday's Fame And Glory & Sans Frontieres Coolmore National Hunt Sires EBF Mares Novice Chase.

With a total prize fund of 52,500 euro, it is no surprise the two-and-a-half-mile contest has attracted a strong field of 12 runners.

The highest-rated mare in the field is Une Artiste, who got off the mark over fences at the second attempt at Huntingdon last month and crosses the Irish Sea in search of some valuable black type.

Henderson said: "She could have run at Newbury for £2,700, or go to Ireland and run for more than 30,000 euro.

"She's in good form and already has black type, but this is a good opportunity. I've never been to Thurles, but Barry (Geraghty, jockey) knows his way round."

Comment

Henderson reports last season's superb Queen Mother Champion Chase winner to be looking "magnificent".

"Sprinter Sacre's great, Nico's (De Boinville, his regular work-rider) happy with him, but he's not doing anything quick at the moment. We're just building him up," said the champion jumps trainer.

"There's nothing new except he looks magnificent, is moving well and is feeding well. We'll just leave it at that for the time being.

"There's no great big tests or gallops or anything coming up in the foreseeable future but there will be nearer the time."

Comment

Fooking ell Hendo going to Thurles.

Ireland's all weather jumps track. think that mare refused to race last time she went to Ireland ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone Cowboy View Post
                  Fooking ell Hendo going to Thurles.

Ireland's all weather jumps track. think that mare refused to race last time she went to Ireland ?
                  She did RC. nice prize though - and very few grade 2 novice chases for mares. never been to Thurles but heard good things.

Comment

Barry Geraghty

Comment

• Heard Rolling Star is catching pigeons at seven barrows.

Comment

• Comment

• NJH will send a big team to work at Kempton on Friday including Captain Conan, Josses Hill, Kid Cassidy, Oscar Whisky and Royal Irish Hussar

NJH will send a team of 6 to work at 6am @RacesNewbury on Sunday including Bobs Worth, Captain Cutter, Triolo D'Alene and Royal Boy.

NJH 'I know Bobs Worth is small, but he's not as small as he looks. He will work at Newbury on Sunday'.

Attached Files

Comment

• Started a festival thread http://www.fatjockey.com/forum/showt...14-Stable-Tour

merge if you want

Comment

• Tistory will have conditions in his favour for the Register Now For WearAHat Day Novices' Hurdle.

The seven-year-old has certainly had his share of problems since joining the champion trainer, clocking up the vets bills for his owner, but he is in very good form at the moment and ready to add to his win at Towcester in the early weeks of the season.

He was beaten on his latest attempt at Newbury 10 weeks ago, but he was only just run out of it in the soft ground after a good battle with the useful Brother Brian and was also just in need of the outing after his lay-off.

Mayfair Music is another Henderson inmate to have missed the bulk of the winter in the wait for better ground and she can make the most of the fact she is a fresh horse in the Listed William Hill - Bet On The Move Mares' Novices' Hurdle .

She lacks the experience of some of her rivals, but she shows plenty of ability at home and she should be well up to holding her own at this high level.

Comment

• from earlier this week.

The jumpers are coming

Comment

Working...
                                X