Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Punchestown 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve just put a 4pt AI/Energumene double on at 2/1

Wont even be evens comes raceday

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
      .....Galopin des Champs; Irish Daily Mail hurdle/RSA 66-1 with Sky
      Thanks for posting Eggs. Added to Cheltenham ante post portfolio. Hopefully a step up in trip brings about further improvement.

Comment

Paddy Power have Energumene/Honeysuckle/Bob Ollinger 4/1 for punchestown but doesn't say if it's non runner no bet

Comment

I'm not a fan of Punchestown. The meeting always throws up some funny results as it comes at the end of a long hard season especially for horses that have taken in Leopardstown and Cheltenham or Cheltenham and Aintree. The track is the wrong way round, is quite tight in places, tricky bends, very steep incline and declines and is on an angle in parts. Some horses love it and some hate it. Fully expect some of the favs and festival winners to run poorly/get beat. Gives a chance to other trainers though to make a few quid. IMO It's also the reason lots of fancied horses win at the festival this year as they were able to be put away a lot earlier last season and come back really fresh, fit and well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
            I'm not a fan of Punchestown. The meeting always throws up some funny results as it comes at the end of a long hard season especially for horses that have taken in Leopardstown and Cheltenham or Cheltenham and Aintree. The track is the wrong way round, is quite tight in places, tricky bends, very steep incline and declines and is on an angle in parts. Some horses love it and some hate it. Fully expect some of the favs and festival winners to run poorly/get beat. Gives a chance to other trainers though to make a few quid. IMO It's also the reason lots of fancied horses win at the festival this year as they were able to be put away a lot earlier last season and come back really fresh, fit and well.
            I love it. For all the reasons you mention. If all the favs won at cramped odds, it would be rather boring lol.

This year in particular we will get some tasty clashes that wouldn't have happened before either.

Comment

Good meeting to back Mullins second string at, no I don't have anything robust to base that on

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post

Good meeting to back Mullins second string at, no I don't have anything robust to base that on
                Un de sceaux done me a big favour at the last 2 punchestowns

Think he was even third string in the first one

Il be taking on most of the hot pots as this always seems one run too many for a good few of them

Comment

Skelton is jocked up for Dolos at Sandown so I wonder if Nube Negra is going over too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonjers View Post
                    Skelton is jocked up for Dolos at Sandown so I wonder if Nube Negra is going over too.
                    Maybe Champion 2miler Kettle has scared him off?

Comment

Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post

Un de sceaux done me a big favour at the last 2 punchestowns

Think he was even third string in the first one

Il be taking on most of the hot pots as this always seems one run too many for a good few of them
                      I backed him that time he was third-string, beating Douvan and Min - very satisfying.

Comment

Very much looks like Appreciate It won't be running at Punchestown looking at betting

Comment

Originally posted by Bonjers View Post
                          I read on twitter he's going to Punchestown

Comment

Very much looks like Appreciate It won't be running at Punchestown looking at betting
                            Yeah Echoes In Rain shortening all the time.

Comment

Mullins said: “Appreciate It will definitely go, Blue Lord is in there as well and Echoes In Rain is interesting.

“She will probably go for the mares’ race, but her performance in Fairyhouse was very good and she is in the Champion Novice Hurdle on Tuesday getting a nice fillies allowance, so we’ll see.”
                              Last edited by FinalFurlong91; 25 April 2021, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post
                                Mullins said: “Appreciate It will definitely go, Blue Lord is in there as well and Echoes In Rain is interesting.

“She will probably go for the mares’ race, but her performance in Fairyhouse was very good and she is in the Champion Novice Hurdle on Tuesday getting a nice fillies allowance, so we’ll see.”
                                Are these from the Sporting Life? Can't find the article? Market would suggest EIR is going to the CNH anyway.

Found them.......https://www.irishracing.com/news?prid=217559
                                Last edited by jack1092; 21 April 2021, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X