Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Eurovision 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I've backed:

Azerbajan 66/1 (now 10/1)
    Denmark 66/1 (now 125/1)
    Czech Republic 100/1 (now 80/1)
    Moldova 350/1
    Moldova Top 10 - 50/1

THE most volitile betting markets I've ever come across

Worth reading.... will be loads more crap to filter through... should have posted ths when I started, looks like I forgot after putting 'more to follow' .... ah well.

I try not to watch any of the YouTube videos at all, and just watch the Semi Finals and back my 'judgement' based on them... got a pretty good record (which may well be more luck than judgement) but for anyone watching this year, don't even give a thought to anything at the head of the market this far out...

There will be something at 3 figures before the Semi finals start than goes off sub 16/1 (possibly single figures).... it is MENTAL.
    Especially as the fav - Netherlands - is a song that will do well with the jury, but the staging is lame and won't do well in the televote imo

Comment

On the outright market, the 2nd fav Russia...

I absolutely LOVED this guys entry a couple of years back, was a joke it didn't win. Political voting.... but the song isn't as good this year, and if they didn't win with THUNDER AND LIGHTNING - IT'S GETTING EXCITING - they ain't winning with this.

but.... very early days and my opinions will change as I watch it a week today

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post
        Especially as the fav - Netherlands - is a song that will do well with the jury, but the staging is lame and won't do well in the televote imo
        You want to come to my Eurovision party?

It's gripped my group of mates, we all bet on it (obviously) and buy beer (or food where beer is impossible) for each entrant and get somewhere between tipsy and the abyss

Comment

On the outright market, the 2nd fav Russia...

I absolutely LOVED this guys entry a couple of years back, was a joke it didn't win. Political voting.... but the song isn't as good this year, and if they didn't win with THUNDER AND LIGHTNING - IT'S GETTING EXCITING - they ain't winning with this.

but.... very early days and my opinions will change as I watch it a week today
          The Swedish winner was a banging though, and I always felt the chorus on Russia's faded out weirdly

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post
            The Swedish winner was a banging though, and I always felt the chorus on Russia's faded out weirdly
            The Sweidish winner was the year before wasn't it, Heroes?

The Russian entry the year after basically copied it - with the screen etc... looked good and was easily the best song in a piss weak year

Comment

You want to come to my Eurovision party?

It's gripped my group of mates, we all bet on it (obviously) and buy beer (or food where beer is impossible) for each entrant and get somewhere between tipsy and the abyss
              So we usually host one every year, but, without opening a political malestrom too much, I felt very bad watching the one in Russia, and I have concerns about doing the same with Israel, given the government will definitely use it as a PR victory.

My favourite was one I had in an old house I lived in. I invited too many people and literally everyone turned up. Standing room only, bottles of MD2020 floating around for when your country got points, football chants (AZERBIJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN, AZERBIJAAAAAAA-AAAAA-N, THEY'VE GOT 12 POINTS, THEY'RE AZERBIJAN!). Legendary. Couldn't look the neighbours in the eye for weeks

Comment

The Sweidish winner was the year before wasn't it, Heroes?

The Russian entry the year after basically copied it - with the screen etc... looked good and was easily the best song in a piss weak year
                You're right, in fairness at the 2015 one I was *plastered*

Comment

Haha, sounds incredible.

You had any bets yet?

Get on the Moldova bangwagon...

Comment

Haha, sounds incredible.

You had any bets yet?

Get on the Moldova bangwagon...
                    Obviously backed Moldova after that. Have also backed France at my wife's insistence and Azerbijian. They're always a top 10 lock

Comment

So basically Netherlands are going to romp the jury vote but all the tele viewers will find it boring and it will be a solid 4th/5th choice for most countries??

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                        So basically Netherlands are going to romp the jury vote but all the tele viewers will find it boring and it will be a solid 4th/5th choice for most countries??
                        That's my current view yes. Last year Israel were pretty much fourth in the jury, but they demolished the televote. Austria won the jury by 50 points, but got 71 public points vs Israel's 317. I foresee similar for NL this year

Comment

Looks like the entire readership of Fatjockey do actually take an interest in this drival.

Other than racing we never view the plasma nailed on the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Redbridge View Post
                            Looks like the entire readership of Fatjockey do actually take an interest in this drival.

Now the world don't move to the beat of just one drum

People like different stuff. Love what you love imo

Comment

Added Serbia top Balkan at 15/1. Greece the one to beat here, but they're a mad price and Serbia are wildly overpriced. Could be value in some left had side markets too

Comment

Originally posted by Redbridge View Post

Yet you've had a bet on the next Pope?

Drival.

Eurovision's appeal is the betting, I can assure you a 100/1 place or a 33/1 winner feels just as good as solving a Saturday flat handicap....

Comment

Working...
                                X