Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

World Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Patent was with 365... although Russia have just won very easily which isn't a great start haha.

To be fair, people a lot smarter than me are tipping the African teams to do well, so I wouldn't worry
    Cheers Kev, especially for responding after Russia dispatched the Saudi's...haha!

Comment

After that match last night, I'm delighted to be on Spain still!

The were absolutely sensational at times. Coming from behind to a 4th min Penalty, and then a goal just before half time shows to me they can cope with anything. Ronaldo scored from two dead balls and a shot that Karius would have saved.... They still drew that game and dominated it IMO - deserved the win.

They'll win the other two matches in the group and should outscore Portugal in doing so. I can't imagine a team out playing them at any point, and I can't see them having a tougher set of circumstances to come through than that.

Isco looks like he's going to have a huge tournament too.

Comment

One of the best WC games I've seen Kev.
        Is there anyone in here old enough to remember the 82 Brazil/Italy game ? Last night's was up there with that.
        And yes, I wouldn't be disappointed if I had a Spain voucher right now...

Comment

After that match last night, I'm delighted to be on Spain still!

The were absolutely sensational at times. Coming from behind to a 4th min Penalty, and then a goal just before half time shows to me they can cope with anything. Ronaldo scored from two dead balls and a shot that Karius would have saved.... They still drew that game and dominated it IMO - deserved the win.

They'll win the other two matches in the group and should outscore Portugal in doing so. I can't imagine a team out playing them at any point, and I can't see them having a tougher set of circumstances to come through than that.

Isco looks like he's going to have a huge tournament too.
          I don't think I've seen a better performance by a player who didn't end up on the winning side. Isco was world class last night, especially in the first half, and it was a brilliant game to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
            One of the best WC games I've seen Kev.
            Is there anyone in here old enough to remember the 82 Brazil/Italy game ? Last night's was up there with that.
            And yes, I wouldn't be disappointed if I had a Spain voucher right now...
            Born in 88 so unfortunately not

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            I don't think I've seen a better performance by a player who didn't end up on the winning side. Isco was world class last night, especially in the first half, and it was a brilliant game to watch.
            I was tempted to back him for the Golden Ball during the game but nobody missed it.... 20/1 best price now. Tempting?

Comment

Little bit of after-timing here but the bet isn't done yet so I am on...

Double on France BTTS & Croatia BTTS (so just waiting on that)

Messi to score 1st at 4/1 for Argentina...

and France were the 2nd leg in my "banker of the day" 4-fold.... which is LUCKY to still be alive!

I might back Denmark but will be watching the racing so probably won't

Comment

Born in 88 so unfortunately not

I was tempted to back him for the Golden Ball during the game but nobody missed it.... 20/1 best price now. Tempting?
                I was just thinking about that Golden Ball. Great chance

Comment

My worst bet of the world cup so far.... No own goal in the tournament @ 25/1. There's been 3 already!

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    My worst bet of the world cup so far.... No own goal in the tournament @ 25/1. There's been 3 already!
                    Haha, I looked at that myself.

World Cup will take a bit of a back seat in terms of new bets now with Royal Ascot here.... but a few things still running to keep me interested....

Hopeful Brazil win tomorrow and then Belgium on Monday to land the 5/2 accumulator I placed
                    AND
                    I have backed Neymar and Lukaku to top score in their respective groups too so hopefully they run riot!

Decided to take 80/1 for Isco top scorer too... I figure if he's going to be the best player (20/1), he will have to start scoring too, and he's 20s in one market, 80s in the other. It is a long shot, but I think Spain will slam Iran and Morocco and as I've said already, I think they'll win it, so I thought that was a bit of value.

Comment

Certainly making heavy weather of this ACCA Kev, which I followed you in on, delighted it's still going, hoping the final two legs are a little more straightforward. Where is this Lukaku 11/2, would like a piece of that if still available?

Agree with others Spain definitely most impressive so far although still early days and I always get surprised how much teams can improve in game 2.
                      Last edited by Rhinestone_Cowboy; 17 June 2018, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                        Certainly making heavy weather of this ACCA Kev, which I followed you in on, delighted it's still going, hoping the final two legs are a little more straightforward. Where is this Lukaku 11/2, would like a piece of that if still available?

Agree with others Spain definitely most impressive so far although still early days and I always get surprised how much teams can improve in game 2.
                        It was with Sky... was a boost so can't remember exactly where it was.

I don't want to tempt fate with it, but the odds back up the feeling that the most difficult two matches are done... France were poor, I doubt I'll back them again and Uruguay scoring in the last minute I'll take as a good omen!

Brazil tonight is something to look forward to, and then it all rests on Belgium being able to break down Panama at 1/6ish!

Comment

It was with Sky... was a boost so can't remember exactly where it was.

I don't want to tempt fate with it, but the odds back up the feeling that the most difficult two matches are done... France were poor, I doubt I'll back them again and Uruguay scoring in the last minute I'll take as a good omen!

Brazil tonight is something to look forward to, and then it all rests on Belgium being able to break down Panama at 1/6ish!
                          Just shows how difficult it is to land a 4 team acca in the footy, anyway bit of fun for a small investment. Thanks for letting me know about Lukaku, thought it sounded a good price

Comment

I’m on:
                            Brazil @ 9/2
                            Griezmann top scorer @ 9/1
                            Poland to win all three group games @ 9/1

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                              Just shows how difficult it is to land a 4 team acca in the footy, anyway bit of fun for a small investment. Thanks for letting me know about Lukaku, thought it sounded a good price
                              Haha, Compared to what I'll stake on Royal Ascot it is a small investment, but I lost £100 on the acca (although I just thought of it as 4x £25 bets on 4 matches - which I can live with)

AND shamelessly after-timing (but I don't care because its football and not a real sport) I did just land Kane to score a brace at 5/1 and Kane to score a Header at 13/2 so that softens the blow from yesterday!

Comment

Get innnnn

Kane replies well for the golden boot

Comment

Working...
                                X