Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Fat Jockey Farewells (NH)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robith View Post
    And as is traditional, Min closely follows Altior into the paddock

The end of a very enjoyable saga.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

The end of a very enjoyable saga.
      Loved that guy - was so glad he got a Cheltenham 1 to his name

Comment

• A fine servant of the game, Trevor Hemmings has sadly passed away tonight aged 86.

Give Many Clouds a pat on the neck for us old chap. RIP

Comment

• Native River retired.

14 wins and ?1.1m in prize money. What a horse, you'd have loved to own him

Comment

• Bobs worth sadly passed away.RIP

Comment

• Master Tommytucker suffered a fatal injury today at lingfield. RIP

Comment

• Last weekend and today have really zapped my enthusiasm. Absolutely sickening for Midnight Shadow today along with poor Whatmore and Gala de Corton.

Comment

• Happy retiremnt to Defi Du Seiul. A horse that got me out of jail at two separate festivals

Comment

• Goodbye Defi Du Seuil.....

I will never forget how much I thought Charli Parcs was going to absolutely eviscerate him on the Triumph Trial at Cheltenham before CP was a NR.

DDS had smashed through pretty much every hurdle rather than jump any up until he won the Triumph

JLT win and then 'flopped' in the most anticipated then ultimately dross QMCC

Feel like this horse has been around forever.... happy retirement DDS!

Comment

• 2020 Galway Hurdle winner and County Hurdle runner up Aramon collapsed and died on the gallops at Closutton on Saturday morning. RIP

Comment

• Just read in the Racing Post that Holywell has passed away.
                        Won a Pertemps final and followed it up in the Ultima Chase the following year ... R.i. P Fella.

Comment

• Minella Melody confirmed as retired by Peter Molony (breeder). To visit Walk In The Park to begin her new career as a brood mare.

Comment

• Discorama and Eclair Surf . from the Aintree Grand National . .. R.i.P.

Comment

• Just reading the latest HRI registration Arctic Warrior trained by WP Mullins and owned by JP McManus is now deceased after a fall at Fairyhouse on the 3rd April .

Comment

• Sadly I have to share the bad news that one of our own has passed away this weekend.

Roger 'Diamond Geezer' Hunter had a fall at home a while ago which lead to some complications, and he was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour, and unfortunately he went downhill fairly quickly.

He was an absolute stalwart organising competitions for us and sharing snippets of news. The work he put in to the competitions was completely selfless, gaining noting in return, and they provided a great deal of fun and interest for us all.

Roger lived in Cheltenham and if you were anywhere near the racecourse there was a reasonably good chance you'd bump into him. Because of his wife's health they had both been shielding for the last couple of years, and the pandemic deprived him of his first love. Which was racing and everything attached to HQ. It was rare for him to miss a days racing at Cheltenham until the March 2020 Festival when the pandemic first struck.

Remarkably Roger never gambled. Never had a single penny on any horse. He loved the sport for the sport. He was born and raised in Cornwall, and 'moved north' when he became involved in racing stables, and he retired to the Cotswolds living the dream.

He was a lovely man that's gone way too early. And I feel very sad right now. Rest In Peace Roger.
                                Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Working...
                                X