Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Fat Jockey Farewells (NH)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will never forget the roar for Faugheen when he won the flogas at the DRF in 2020, still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand thinking about. Not ashamed to say I had a tear in my eye when he came into the winning enclosure that day. What a horse, I am so thankful and grateful I seen his last win live.

Happy retirement for all 3 horses.

Comment

• I wonder if when Ricci finishes they'll class it as an 'era'. He really has owned some behemoths of the NH game.

Incredibly fond memories of Faugheen, Benie and Douvan - very popular and always seemed relevant!

Comment

• Jamie Codd has retired

Edit: It's been clarified that he will continue to ride under Rules but has ridden in his last point-to-point, having partnered his 972nd winner in that sphere this afternoon.
        Last edited by HoldenTheReins; 9 May 2021, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• Sadly Top Notch lost his life today after surgery failed on a ruptured stomach.

Tough little warrior, RIP

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
            Sadly Top Notch lost his life today after surgery failed on a ruptured stomach.

Tough little warrior, RIP
            Was gutted to read this - I have very fond memories of him coming second in the Triumph in 2015 when I was on my stag do at the course, and always loved watching him run, what a tremendous and battling career the wee fella had. Will be greatly missed

Comment

• Lil Rockerfella, 2nd in the 2017 Stayers Hurdle passed away after his race at Auteuil today

Comment

• Originally posted by PresentingPercy88 View Post
                Lil Rockerfella, 2nd in the 2017 Stayers Hurdle passed away after his race at Auteuil today
                Arguably his best effort was that Goodwood handicap he trounced with a 71lbs swing on ratings, was a freak that day. RIP

Comment

• The Listener has died at age 22, he was a horse I remember from when I first got into racing back in mid 2000s, watched him on ATR win the Lexus.

Comment

• Altior has been retired

Comment

• What a legend. Favourite Altior memory anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        What a legend. Favourite Altior memory anyone?
                        His Supreme win for me, one of those horses you bore people with for months about how good they will be and what they'll win, was a wonderful combination of his fulfilling that promise on the biggest stage and me winning a bundle, magnificent day.
                        He's been the subject of much crabbing in recent seasons but he should be remembered for his 19 consecutive wins in a 4 year unbeaten stretch, almost unprecedented...

Comment

• First horse I took a real affinity too(as my avatar proves), shows my recency bias admittedly but That 2016 Supreme field will take some bettering in the years ahead and he won it well !

Comment

• It was a pleasure to witness him edge out Sceau Royal and Politologue in 2019. You could always rely on him to dig deep and find something else in the tank!

Comment

• What a hero. Altior was one of the first NH horses I remember seeing and being wowed by. Then I was casually watching Cheltenham that year and the Supreme came around - I recognised Altior's name from when I'd seen him previously but I saw a couple of Twitter tipsters putting Min up... and I backed him instead.

Comment

• Probably in everyone's top 10 of NH horses ever and rightly so, now is the right time to go

Comment

Working...
                                X