Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Irish National 2nd April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
    Hope you're right Bigfish, I've backed him for Aintree (nrnb) where I think he carries 10st 9lb, great racing weight if that's correct, is it a 9lb penalty if he runs in Ireland?
    Would go a big way to giving Mullins the trainers title in Ireland were he to win though.

Comment

Also on Folsom Blue for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Folski View Post
        Would go a big way to giving Mullins the trainers title in Ireland were he to win though.
        It's an 8lb penalty. That still might not stop him from winning this. He would be well in on my figures for the Aintree version.
        Last edited by Bigfish; 28 March 2018, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Just looking at Pairofbrowneyes, hacked up lto over just shy of 3m in very heavy conditions, previously campaigned over much shorter but banished any stamina worries, looks a worthy fav to me, if they will just decide to run Belshill at Aintree it would make a lovely ew double

Comment

A couple of ew bets for me. General Principle & Moulin a Vent @33s. Both missed Cheltenham for this. GP was Giggi's No1 horse for this race last year. The 2 Mullins horses look tasty and could prove to be in a different class although I'm gonna oppose them.

Comment

Looks like Mullins really wants to lay the ghost in the race this year. He's throwing a couple of proper horses at it. I'd be inclined to have Pairofbrowneyes on side out of the two. Looks to have the correct profile for this. I may well succumb and back him if he drifts.

Comment

Declarations close at 10.00 today so we'll soon know. Prize-money for tenth is the same as for fourth in the G1 Ryanair Gold Cup the previous day.

Comment

Willie has Bellshill, Pairofbrowneyes, Isleofhopendreams and Kemboy.

Gordon has 13!

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                    Willie has Bellshill, Pairofbrowneyes, Isleofhopendreams and Kemboy.

Gordon has 13!
                    Will he really run Kemboy ?
                    I rate the horse but not convinced a 6yo can win this, only one since Rhyme N Reason in the 80s...

Comment

He's certainly an intended runner, Isty, and he's on a very fair mark.

On the age front, not many 6yos run so the stats can be read in any way you like. The last 7 runnings have had 13 6yos in total and they achieved a first and a third.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                        He's certainly an intended runner, Isty, and he's on a very fair mark.

On the age front, not many 6yos run so the stats can be read in any way you like. The last 7 runnings have had 13 6yos in total and they achieved a first and a third.
                        Presumably because trainers feel 6yos generally can't cope with the extreme stamina test ?
                        Those two previous 6yo winners, Rhyme N Reason was a stamina freak who went onto Grand National success and Organisedconfusion won off a featherweight on good ground and never won a race after his Fairyhouse success., Mondays race has the look of a brutal test to me where stamina has to be guaranteed to figure.

Strangely though, and in contrast to the Aintree equivalent, there have been only 11 Irish National winners of double digit years in the last 60 renewals with three of the last four winners being aged 7.
                        Compare that to the Grand National where no horse younger than 8 has won since 1940.
                        Are the races that different ?

Comment

Kemboy's profile is fairly similar to Home Farm who finished 3rd to Liberty Counsel in 2013 carrying 10-5 on his 4th run over fences.

Kemboy carries 10-6 on his 4th chase run but the race has changed greatly in the last couple of years as the prize-money has just about doubled.

In 2016, when it was a 255k race, the bottom weight was rated 124. In 2017, a 500k race meant that bottom weight was 137. This year 133 gets in.

Comment

Mall Dini has to go close.

A shame that Davy isn’t on board, but I’ll be disappointed if he’s tailed off. He’s probably fitter for the run as well.

Comment

Buy registered Spanish passport online?

Good website selling original documents: w w w. buyrealpassport.cc

Comment

Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
                                Mall Dini has to go close.

A shame that Davy isn’t on board, but I’ll be disappointed if he’s tailed off. He’s probably fitter for the run as well.
                                He's getting in off a nice weight. Davy would have been ideal but Mark Walsh is riding well at the moment .

Bellshill, Mall Dini, Dounikos, Scoir Mear (cliff horse) and Monbeg Notorious are on my shortlist. I'll wait until Monday and whittle it down to 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X