Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Galway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David's Charm 16/1 my only bet so far. I can't find a bet in the plate at the moment. Hopefully the picture will look clearer after final decs.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      David's Charm 16/1 my only bet so far. I can't find a bet in the plate at the moment. Hopefully the picture will look clearer after final decs.
      With Whiskey Sour being 6/1 fav I felt I had to take the chance on Sharjah 14/1. Obviously I'm hoping that the ground will be no worse than Yielding but Sharjah had Whiskey Sour so well held in that Future Champions Hurdle over Christmas when falling at the last that I didn't think he should be over double the price for only a 3lb pull at the weights. David's Charm has to be in anyones calculations though so those will be my two.

Two wins from two runs at Galway and Henry De Bromhead's recent record in the Plate make Calino D'airy 16/1 worth a second look FM?

Comment

You could be on to one Kev. Do you know if CD an intended runner?

I've just watched the Manifesto chase again and he ran a decent race, looking like he might win between the last two fences and he would have finished closer if he hadn't missed the last. I was there that day and totally forgot he ran.

Comment

You could be on to one Kev. Do you know if CD an intended runner?

I've just watched the Manifesto chase again and he ran a decent race, looking like he might win between the last two fences and he would have finished closer if he hadn't missed the last. I was there that day and totally forgot he ran.
          Yeah he was a 33/1 shot that day but ran better than that IMO. He wouldn't be 33/1 if they ran that exact race again...

I am only assuming he's an intended runner, but it isn't something I've worried about. The 2 from 2 and HDB would make it a pretty obvious target and he's entered - which is good enough for me at this stage.

Comment

I only bet the big races/festivals for the Irish meetings and usually just a few multiples across each day. Done 50 lines of trebles from the 7 races tomorrow (two horses in one of the races) plus the two 7 folds.

Any opinions on these lads? You come across very knowledgable for this meeting FM so any advice for the week here? I’ll be much more involved financially with Goodwood in all honesty but I’d still rather win a few races this week at Galway.

My trebles for Monday:
            5:20 - Easy Game @ 11/8 (NAP) - A nice way to start off a Multiple with a short priced favourite that I would make an evens shot. Obviously it’s racing and anything can happen but I expect that the 11/8 will not last. Looks likely to prove best of this lot. He could well win this and then move onto bigger and better things later this season. NAP material.

5:55 - Viking Board @ 9/2 - Now I have to be honest here - I can’t actually rememebr why I sides with him here. When I studied the race earlier today, I ended up with him after pondering the new Gordon Elliott horse. I’ll keep an eye on that one and see how the market goes for him as I could have a few quid as a single on him if the money comes on stable debit. For the trebles, Viking Hoard is taken to follow up his win on the snaff last time by 15 lengths.

6:25 - Mount Tabora @ 7/4 @ Power Of Now @ 9/2 - Mount Tabora is proving a fustrating type but has the standard and should surely confirm form with the second favourite here. He’s the one they have to beat but I’ve also backed Power Of Now at 9/2. His entries along with that eye catching debut from him has drawn me into playing two in the race. The way he zigzagged through the field to be beaten only two lengths was excellent considering where he was turning in at the straight. He will clearly improve for that and will go very very close in my opinion. I may even play the reverse forecast for them too.

7:05 - Tashman @ 9/2 - Starting to think I should’ve backed Raptures Delight seeing as Jospeh o brown has stated he fancies his horse to go very well. I was split between him and the other steadily improving type in Rashman but eventually settled on the latter. Hard race to confidently fancy one in though let’s be honest.

7:40 - Limini @ 7/4 - Would I back her as a single? Probably not. But for the trebles, in she goes. If she’s fully fit, she would win. But it’s a leap of faith that the brilliant Willie Mullins has her spot on for this. I did expect her to be short if she runs here but also that she would go one of two ways on the day: drift out to around 11/4 or get backed into 10/11. I’m really not sure which one it’ll be though.

8:10 - Baba Boom @ 9/2 - Another hard race. Went with Baba Boom as I was impressed with how he finished his race lasts time. The step up in trip played into his hands and his mark may still be low enough for him to go well here before the handicapper gets him.

8:40 - Exit Poll @ 4/1 - If you are going solely on form, the favourite at 2/1 is a decent bet as he beat a 147 raged hurdler in a point to point by 8 lengths. That’s more than useful form. But I have gone with Exit Poll as there’s a lot of good words going around from the stable about this one (apparently - according to a journalist yesterday) and I expect improvement from the third placed effort on her debut. She could be anything.

I’ve also had a bet on the enhanced double across the Galway week already on Mullins top Trainer and Ruby top jockey at 6/4 simply because I make it around 4/5 if I had to price it up. The latter staying fully fit for the week should make that one win hopefully. Mullins will surely win top trainer unless Weld has an absolute stormer of a week. 6/4 is good enough for me.

Good luck all.

Comment

Thought i'd join in the fun ., L.15 - 1. - Shoulda lied - 5-20.
              2. - Mysloegin - 5-55.
              3. - Scream - 7-05.
              4. - Chelkar - 7-40.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                  I only bet the big races/festivals for the Irish meetings and usually just a few multiples across each day. Done 50 lines of trebles from the 7 races tomorrow (two horses in one of the races) plus the two 7 folds.

Any opinions on these lads? You come across very knowledgable for this meeting FM so any advice for the week here? I’ll be much more involved financially with Goodwood in all honesty but I’d still rather win a few races this week at Galway.

My trebles for Monday:
                  5:20 - Easy Game @ 11/8 (NAP) - A nice way to start off a Multiple with a short priced favourite that I would make an evens shot. Obviously it’s racing and anything can happen but I expect that the 11/8 will not last. Looks likely to prove best of this lot. He could well win this and then move onto bigger and better things later this season. NAP material.

5:55 - Viking Board @ 9/2 - Now I have to be honest here - I can’t actually rememebr why I sides with him here. When I studied the race earlier today, I ended up with him after pondering the new Gordon Elliott horse. I’ll keep an eye on that one and see how the market goes for him as I could have a few quid as a single on him if the money comes on stable debit. For the trebles, Viking Hoard is taken to follow up his win on the snaff last time by 15 lengths.

6:25 - Mount Tabora @ 7/4 @ Power Of Now @ 9/2 - Mount Tabora is proving a fustrating type but has the standard and should surely confirm form with the second favourite here. He’s the one they have to beat but I’ve also backed Power Of Now at 9/2. His entries along with that eye catching debut from him has drawn me into playing two in the race. The way he zigzagged through the field to be beaten only two lengths was excellent considering where he was turning in at the straight. He will clearly improve for that and will go very very close in my opinion. I may even play the reverse forecast for them too.

7:05 - Tashman @ 9/2 - Starting to think I should’ve backed Raptures Delight seeing as Jospeh o brown has stated he fancies his horse to go very well. I was split between him and the other steadily improving type in Rashman but eventually settled on the latter. Hard race to confidently fancy one in though let’s be honest.

7:40 - Limini @ 7/4 - Would I back her as a single? Probably not. But for the trebles, in she goes. If she’s fully fit, she would win. But it’s a leap of faith that the brilliant Willie Mullins has her spot on for this. I did expect her to be short if she runs here but also that she would go one of two ways on the day: drift out to around 11/4 or get backed into 10/11. I’m really not sure which one it’ll be though.

8:10 - Baba Boom @ 9/2 - Another hard race. Went with Baba Boom as I was impressed with how he finished his race lasts time. The step up in trip played into his hands and his mark may still be low enough for him to go well here before the handicapper gets him.

8:40 - Exit Poll @ 4/1 - If you are going solely on form, the favourite at 2/1 is a decent bet as he beat a 147 raged hurdler in a point to point by 8 lengths. That’s more than useful form. But I have gone with Exit Poll as there’s a lot of good words going around from the stable about this one (apparently - according to a journalist yesterday) and I expect improvement from the third placed effort on her debut. She could be anything.

I’ve also had a bet on the enhanced double across the Galway week already on Mullins top Trainer and Ruby top jockey at 6/4 simply because I make it around 4/5 if I had to price it up. The latter staying fully fit for the week should make that one win hopefully. Mullins will surely win top trainer unless Weld has an absolute stormer of a week. 6/4 is good enough for me.

Good luck all.
                  My record at Galway is nothing special MoM and I'll be concentrating on Goodwood this week, where again, my record is distinctly average.

In the supporting races at Galway I'll concentrate on Mullins and Weld horses. I've done Limini, Third World, Royal Rendezvous and Easy Game in a win Yankee. No points for originality for me today

Comment

My record at Galway is nothing special MoM and I'll be concentrating on Goodwood this week, where again, my record is distinctly average.

In the supporting races at Galway I'll concentrate on Mullins and Weld horses. I've done Limini, Third World, Royal Rendezvous and Easy Game in a win Yankee. No points for originality for me today
                    yeah i'll have a dabble on the plate etc, but galway i find proper flummoxing!

Comment

Devil's Glen looks a reasonable ew shout in the opener so that's where I've started, will take it as it comes from there.

Comment

Forgot to mention but I’ve 2U on the booster Easy game/Limini double at 5/1

Comment

Brutal looks overpriced to me at 50/1 in the big one today.

Hopefully his previous run has him stripped fit for today, Elliott trains & Jamie Codd in the saddle! Worth a few quid e/w I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                            Forgot to mention but I’ve 2U on the booster Easy game/Limini double at 5/1
                            2pts on this myself

Comment

Goodbye value

Best of luck! Exciting horse...should be dotting up here, he's a player in the Spring surely!

Comment

Holding Pattern - 5-20 , Winter escape - 5-55 . for me today. Total failure yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X