Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Aintree 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
    Jono had a decent day Thursday....
    Cheers Ista, was a great day! Yesterday less so as my day revolved around a Mount Mews (like many) and Might Bite double

A watching brief mainly today but keen to get Yanworth beat with Supasundae (Cole Harden for the forecast). Geraghty back onboard will be a big help and i always thought he would be best at 3 miles but he might get caught out in the ground.

Will really enjoy seeing Lough Derg Spirit back running today, though its a hot looking race - Ben Pauling RAVES about Le Breuil - could be his best yet. Finians Oscar will be hard to beat too.

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
      I have just put a "Virtual" £100-00 on Vicente !!.. to go with the Reality £1-00 each way already done
      Well, paul nicholls said he was blooming , .... blooming awful !!! . l.o.l !.

Comment

Finian's Oscar has beaten what I think will end up being a very good group of horses there. Captain Forez sticking to hurdles next season but Skelton thinks will be a brilliant chaser, Pauling loves Le Breuil, Brio Conti was also well thought of and supported and LDS was aimed at this race too and might improve for a fence. (Was disappointed with his hurdling yesterday truth be told) Not lost faith yet, bit of a cliff horse already

Finian's Oscar going chasing?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          Finian's Oscar has beaten what I think will end up being a very good group of horses there. Captain Forez sticking to hurdles next season but Skelton thinks will be a brilliant chaser, Pauling loves Le Breuil, Brio Conti was also well thought of and supported and LDS was aimed at this race too and might improve for a fence. (Was disappointed with his hurdling yesterday truth be told) Not lost faith yet, bit of a cliff horse already

Finian's Oscar going chasing?
          Fully agree that race will work out well and also on Lough Derg Spirit. The ground should have been perfect for him according to Henderson but he never showed that quick slick jumping yesterday and again found little when it really mattered. Hopefully a summer to strengthen and fences can bring out improvement.

It's been mentioned sparingly as FO's long term future. Tizzard is all about chasers so can't imagine he'll be wanting to keep him over hurdles unless the owner insists...
          Last edited by jono; 10 April 2017, 08:16 PM.

Comment

LDS might be a huge improver for a fence. I'd be a bit concered about him for Cheltenham though as they opted against it this year but for the 'track' reasons rather than it just being a year too soon? I think I read someone had 50s which is a price I'd have a few glances at.

Tbf Potts' are all about chasers as well aren't they.... everything for the Gold Cup.... FO to be an RSA horse in that case? Potts' runners in the novice chasers over the years? HArd to read in to it I suppose but FO has won a P2P and over 2m4f as a hurdler so wouldn't take a massive leap to see him over 3m next season? *** just checked and he's fav. Thought I was ahead of the game there, clearly not haha.

Comment

Working...
            X