Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    I said I wasn't having a bet for a while but South Seas runs in the Balmoral Handicap tomorrow, he's in my tracker with the words 'Balmoral Handicap' next to him.

I just have to, don't I?!
    Back yourself

Comment

I said I wasn't having a bet for a while but South Seas runs in the Balmoral Handicap tomorrow, he's in my tracker with the words 'Balmoral Handicap' next to him.

Absolutely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Absolutely.
        I've done it. 188Bet were top price 20/1, signed up, deposited funds, then the price had gone.

The cowboys wouldn't let me withdraw my money for some reason.

Comment

I've done it. 188Bet were top price 20/1, signed up, deposited funds, then the price had gone.

The cowboys wouldn't let me withdraw my money for some reason.
          Best price now 14s - did you manage to get on before it dropped this far?

Comment

Like the horse but he’d run into trouble in a 1 horse race

Comment

• Originally posted by OldPersian View Post
              Best price now 14s - did you manage to get on before it dropped this far?
              Missed the price OP, took the 14/1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                Like the horse but he’d run into trouble in a 1 horse race
                That is a very fair assessment. I live in hope though

Comment

Missed the price OP, took the 14/1.
                  Good luck!

Comment

• Done a Ffos Las double for tomorrow...

VDF & Le Prezien @ 19/1

VDF has obvious claims if he’s fit enough to do himself justice & if fences help him settle better into his racing. Le Prezien has very solid form over hurdles only finding Yorkhill too good on his last start over smaller obstacles at Aintree. He has never looked a natural over fences imo, 13/2 is good value and Nicholls is in good form. Writing TNO off at my peril

Comment

• Nice to celebrate the end of the flat Had an enjoyable season personally, after today there is only really the BReeders CUp and Melbourne Cup I'll pay any attention to and they're both 'one-off' events that don't clash with the National Hunt.

Doesn't start off with a bang though for me in the 1.25, small stake on Thomas Hobson at 9/1 - I expect Stradivarious to win but I don't fancy the AOB horse much and 9/1 seems a big price for a clearly talented horse in a 6 runner race with question marks over the fav.

Brando each way in the 2.00 looks like good each way value...but that term is thrown around too often, and I can't confidently rule out any horses in the field so there are no such things as "good each way bets" when I feel like the whole field could place... that said, Brando always gives his race and is cloesly tied with The Tin Man and I'll chance him. No result would shock me in this race. I may back Harry Angel if he gets to 7/1 as a win only. (Currently 11/2)

Mares at 2.40 - I like 3 of them with Lah Ti Dah being the first leg in a trixie. Hydrangea looks a good price at 12/1 and I think Kitesurf will go well on the ground and is a solid each way selection but I'll probably only add Hydrangea win only as a big of a saver (as the previous winner) ...

3.15 - Roaring Lion is a big horse for me tomorrow. Rolls onto Cracksman at 30/1 and is also the second leg in my Trixie that ends with Crystal Ocean (at 40/1) .... The 5 places are brilliant with WH and Sky but if I think Roaring Lion is much the best of these. Laurens at 8/1 is too big a price with 4 or 5 places on offer so I have backed her each way... you can make a case for loads of them and it is a deep race, and I'm starting to worry, but those two will do, with a ready poreference for Roaring Lion!

3.50 - I really, really do NOT like Cracksman. I did back him in a treble with Enable(arc) and Roaring Lion, so hopefully I'm waiting on him at odds on for a nice payoutt, but I have gone right off him. I think Crystal Ocean should be loads closer in the market and I like that he's come here as a target rather than an after thought. Monarchs Glen gets a decent mention on FFP and RP podcast and I might back each way if 14s are still available when I wake up

4.30 - Two darts South Seas and Safe Voyage - here is to hoping to end the flat season with a bang,

and good luck all

Comment

• Oh, and at Market Rasen, an unimaginative trixie on Vision Des Flos, Romain De Senam, Silver Streak Faith with VDF to take to chasing, Silver Streak is OBVIOUSLY well handicapped and The New One has to stop winning at some point and RDS is a rightful fav!

Comment

• Good write up Kev and best of luck with your selections.

The first race is a strange one, it’s a small field dominated by a clear favourite. Flag of Honour seems to have been backed in but doesn’t relish the ground by all accounts and has something to find on Stradivarius anyway. Sir Eric is the next but doesn’t inspire me - I think he 9/1 around Thomas Hobson is a great EW price but when looking for a winner I just kept going back to the favourite which is why I’ve gone so heavy on it. Famous last words and all that!

I left the 2.00 alone as I couldn’t find a horse in the long list of runners that I was confident enough on, Harry angel is a big enough price at 13/2 for plenty of people to be getting involved at this stage and I might have a 1pt EW on it if Stradivarius scoots home in the first.

I can’t look past Lah Ti Dar in the Mares and I think it wins it regardless of ground.

Like you, I’m on Roaring Lion in the 3.15 and I backed it primarily after the summer it’s given me as a punter. Having said that, I actually really fancy Lord Glitters now - it ran a stormer at York this summer and likes this soft ground, I think Roaring Lion is the best horse in the race but everything conditions wise seems to suit Lord Glitters.

Good luck today - here’s to ending the season on a high

Comment

• 120/1 for the favs in the first 5, nice and easy this gambling lark

Comment

• FL 4.25 Chitbello ew
                              Asc 1.25 Sir Erek ew
                              Asc 2.00 The Tin Man and Tasleet ew
                              Asc 2.40 Coronet and Pilaster ew
                              Asc 3.15 Addeybb and Recelotes ew
                              Asc 3.50 Crystal Ocean win
                              Asc 4.30 Zwayyan and Kynren ew

Good luck all

Comment

• Well done Stradivarius backers. Absolutely brilliant by Frankie, absolutely horrific by Moore.

Comment

Working...
                                X