Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
    Small change made to registration process with a question that any jumps fan should be able to answer now added.
    Great idea OV.

Comment

• I got 40/1 8 places Cliffs of Dover tomorrow, happy with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
        Small change made to registration process with a question that any jumps fan should be able to answer now added.
        Great idea OV. The worst part is the excitement I get at a new post only to be left disappointed

Comment

• As the flat draws to a close and jumps start up I try and be a little more selective with my punting. It has been my best ever 'flat season' and no intention of giving it back now - the racing is interesting enough to just watch for the majority this weekend in my ever so humble opinion....That may be because I've really struggled to find anything I fancy at all tomorrow at Newmarket and York though too!

Some interesting races but nothing is jumping out at me at Chepstow either, it seems to be one of those days/weekends where I just don't have any strong opinions on a race OR I like more than one horse quite a lot and therefore don't see much value. My only bet so far is Stratum ante post win only and Stratum in the 'September Forum Yankee' as I placed it before I was away.

I'll have a bit of a play on Champions Day and I do enjoy the Breeders Cup although I'll be keeping to very low stakes relative to everything else.

I feel like this weekend is the calm before the storm (a 6 month long storm!)

Comment

• No proper bets for me over the jumps until the Charlie Hall. Flat racing will be my focus until the breeders cup.

Comment

• Looking forward to seeing Step Back run tomorrow, massive hike in the weights for his Whitbread win but if he'd been allowed to carry on past the line he would have lapped half the field that day.
              Bradstocks get them ready first time so although fitness has to be taken on trust he's likely to be in good order, might have a small National press before the race too....

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                Looking forward to seeing Step Back run tomorrow, massive hike in the weights for his Whitbread win but if he'd been allowed to carry on past the line he would have lapped half the field that day.
                Bradstocks get them ready first time so although fitness has to be taken on trust he's likely to be in good order, might have a small National press before the race too....
                Same here Ista. I'm interested to see how the Bradstocks campaign him this season. I wouldn't be disappointed to see them put him over hurdles before the national weights are out.

Comment

• Sneaky Feeling for the silver trophy tomorrow
                  Hobbs to have 3-4 across the cards

Comment

• EW Trixie tomorrow

Newmarket 15.00 - Too Darn Hot
                    Newmarket 15.40 - Stratum
                    York 15.15 - Terumtum Star

Have an awful feeling Limini will beat Stratum tomorrow after mentioning it in the ‘horse I can’t wait to see’ thread.

Comment

• I've just seen a horse called Warnaq is running 16:20 at Fairyhouse today - I was hoping he was related to Rawnaq (the 100/1 certainty in the Stayers a few years back :P) in some way, but doesn't seem to be by breeding/ownership at brief glance

Comment

• 3 darts thrown at the Ces, Vis a vis, SDS jocked up, only problem with this is that in a big field lots of horses cross over each other, and SDS is always the first to snatch up, cost me plenty of win and place money this season, great jockey with a clear run though.
                        Other 2 are Uradel, 20's, and Fun Mac, 66/1 ew 8 places.
                        Only sizeable bet is on the 2 Sean Bowen rides in the first 2 races at Hexham.

Comment

• Picked out a few singles and a double so hoping for a good day today.

4 pts win - Norway 13.50 Newmarket
                          6 pts win - Persian King 2.25 Newmarket
                          4 pts win - Different league 16.50 Newmarket

6 pts win double on Persian King and Different League, I’d initially used this to back Happy Power in the 16.15 who I was keen on but announced non runner.

Good luck chaps.

Comment

• Vis a Vis , Uber cool and Cliffs of dover in the 3-40.
                            Well done OldPersian, 2 down one to go .wish you the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldPersian View Post
                              Picked out a few singles and a double so hoping for a good day today.

4 pts win - Norway 13.50 Newmarket
                              6 pts win - Persian King 2.25 Newmarket
                              4 pts win - Different league 16.50 Newmarket

6 pts win double on Persian King and Different League, I’d initially used this to back Happy Power in the 16.15 who I was keen on but announced non runner.

Good luck chaps.
                              Well done mate. Better than my picks of Sydney Opera House and Mountain Angel

Comment

• Just found another ticket , for the 3-40, Cleonte.

Comment

Working...
                                X