Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks lads, it got better though, I backed it with 365 and got a risk free bet, so I went for Ginger nut, no real study, just noticed money had come for a Hannon 2 year old.
    Also had Stratum earlier, so really good day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
      Anyone interested in Kew Gardens for the King George and Queen Elisabeth Stakes after its win in France tonight can still get 25s with Betbright, as shorts as 6s with PP, 10/1 general
      Oh how I've missed that lovely gut wrenching feeling whilst browsing through the sports headlines that the antipost horse you are on at nice odds has been withdrawn. Should have laid off my stake earlier, not aided by the trainer saying the horse was in good shape a couple of days ago. For a little extra salt in the wound Cliffs of Moher also withdrawn. Onwards and upwards can't win em' all

Comment

• Busy day on Saturday - picked out tonight ... 1- Angels hideaway - 1-50 ascot.
        2- Intisaab - 2-40 york.
        3- Forest ranger - 3-10 chester.
        4- Crystal ocean - 3-40 ascot.
        5- Master brewer - 4-15 ascot.
        Hope we get some winners tomorrow !.

Comment

• Bets today for the ITV races which I’ll record and watch after me cricket match finishes:
          1:50 Ascot - Royal Intervention 2/1
          2:05 York - Culturati 9/4
          2:25 Ascot - George of Hearts 9/2
          2:40 York - Baron Bolt 14/1
          3:00 Ascot - Via Serendipity 25/1 e/w
          3:15 York - Elarqam 15/8
          3:40 Ascot - Poets Word 11/4

Good luck with whoever you back lads

Comment

• George of Hearts 6/1 and Poets Word 5/2 for me.

I'm gonna go through the 3.00 Ascot again as I have a shortlist of 7 at the moment.

Comment

• I wanted to keep my powder dry for next week with it being Galway and Goodwood, but I just can't

1:50 Ascot - Royal Intervention 2/1 - This has been tipped up absolutely everywhere and the case is obvious after the dominant win last time out

2.05 York - Get Knotted 4/1 Won the race twice, 4/1 is ridiculous at 1lb higher than last year. I respect the money for the Appleby horse but I can't leave Get Knotted unbacked as he's drifted out to a very backable price

2.25 Ascot - Torn between the front two. Paul Kealy makes a better case than I can on the RP podcast and naps Escalator 9/2 but I can't leave George of Hearts 4/1 unbacked. I hope both make the frame at least!

2.40 York - I've backed Flying Pursuit 12/1 - 6 places but I like a few. Intasaab backing up from last week I can just about leave with top weight. Enjazat currently 8/1 and Harome 12/1 are close to being backed BUT my second bet isTommy Taylor 8/1 - 5 places and has shorted on the back of Hugh Taylor tipping him.

3.00 Ascot - Sabador 22/1 - 6 places and Chessman 14/1 - 6 places. I'd love to have Firmament onside but he keeps coming up short and is short enough at the price he is.

3.15 York - Haven't backed anything yet, I like Thundering Blue although not confident as its different to the big field handicaps he's done well in before. I don't dislike Elarqam as much as everyone else seems to either.

3.40 Ascot - 100/1 Desert Encounter... I can't decide between the Stoute pair, don't want to lay Cracksman, can't trust the O'Brien horses to hit the frame as the big 3 might be way too strong so taken an absolute flyer on the outsider outrunning his odds. I do like Coronet but don't think she'll win so at 8 times the price I'll have a wild one

Chester is my local track and at 3.10 Powerallied 2/1 from the much loved stall 1 would be my best bet at Chester.

Comment

• I was also trying to keep my money for Galway but succumbed Kev.

Firmament, Chessman and Ripp Orf are my three in the 3:00, all each way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  I was also trying to keep my money for Galway but succumbed Kev.

Firmament, Chessman and Ripp Orf are my three in the 3:00, all each way.
                  Betway are 7 places so I added Ripp Orf at 11/1

Comment

• 3pt treble - Royal Intervention and Elarqam.
                    1pt e/w double - Crack on Crack on and Cardsharp

Comment

• Got a risk free bet with 365 for the opener at Ascot so have gone ew on Chapelli, looks overpriced at 12's so took a flyer on improvement for the step up in trip, Royal intervention looks a solid fav though.

Comment

• Nice one Kev

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                          Nice one Kev
                          I echo this again. 3 decent winners, well done Kev

Comment

• Yeah , well done kev, I hope you did back Thundering blue in the 3-15 too.

Comment

• Nice one Kev, looks like you had a good day.
                              Can someone please tell me how the hell Burnt Sugar went off 20/1, after a clear win in the Bunbury cup and raised just 3lbs, can't believe I didn't back it, put it up on the daily movers thread 2 weeks ago, mortified.

Comment

• Well done Kev, nicely done

Comment

Working...
                                X