Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Weekend Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20- 1 for Supasundae was Just too tempting to miss .

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      There aren't many horses that catch my eye today for betting purposes.

Ireland -6 and Scotland in the rugby will be my two bets today.
      A poor day on the rugby

Comment

• Very much looking forward to seeing Barters Hill this weekend. Without any doubt my favourite ever bumper horse (limited amount to pick from in fairness) but so happy that he is back!

Trainer Ben Pauling is building Barters Hill up to make his eagerly-awaited comeback over hurdles at Newbury on Saturday.

The Gloucestershire handler has named the Betfair Cash Out Handicap Hurdle over an extended three miles for the eight-year-old, who has been on the easy list since being injured on his chasing debut at Cheltenham in November 2016.

Barters Hill also holds an entry in the Racing UK In HD Handicap Hurdle over two miles, three and a half furlongs at Huntingdon on Thursday, but it seems certain he will head to Berkshire at the weekend instead.

"It's very much the plan to go on Saturday at Newbury," said Pauling.

"He's in good order and it will be great to have him back out."

Barters Hill was a classy staying novice hurdler in the 2015-16 season, winning his first three starts before finishing fourth in the Albert Bartlett at the Cheltenham Festival.

Pauling's string returned to form at Southwell on Monday with a treble.

Comment

• I think you mean 2nd favourite Bumper horse Kev. Anyway, your favourite Bumper horse will be running at Fairyhouse tomorrow (weather permitting). I thought it was a bit self-serving to set up a new thread called Midweek Racing so, instead, i just decided to ignore the title of this one! Here are my thoughts for what they are worth: http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-...orrowor-are-we

Comment

• Best of luck, Paul. Fairyhouse has been good to me so please accept a www good luck baton and home safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
              I think you mean 2nd favourite Bumper horse Kev. Anyway, your favourite Bumper horse will be running at Fairyhouse tomorrow (weather permitting). I thought it was a bit self-serving to set up a new thread called Midweek Racing so, instead, i just decided to ignore the title of this one! Here are my thoughts for what they are worth: http://www.cheltenhamdream.com/blog-...orrowor-are-we
              A precautionary note before anyone reads it.... actually, read it and come back

Comment

• Best of luck BoF. I'll be tuning in and having a small wager.

Comment

• Best of luck BOF, all roads lead to the Midland National I hope...

Comment

• Worth keeping a notepad handy for the Newbury bumper this weekend, the roll of honour is fairly impressive:

2017 Daphne Du Clos
                    2016 Ballyandy
                    2015 Barters Hill
                    2014 Definitly Red
                    2013 Oscar Rock
                    2012 Shutthefrontdoor
                    2011 Ericht
                    2010 Al Ferof

And of course Barters Hill beat a certain Buvoir D'air and Altior in his renewal....

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                      Worth keeping a notepad handy for the Newbury bumper this weekend, the roll of honour is fairly impressive:

2017 Daphne Du Clos
                      2016 Ballyandy
                      2015 Barters Hill
                      2014 Definitly Red
                      2013 Oscar Rock
                      2012 Shutthefrontdoor
                      2011 Ericht
                      2010 Al Ferof

And of course Barters Hill beat a certain Buvoir D'air and Altior in his renewal....
                      Brewingupastorm. Really looking forward to him running again.

Comment

• Looking forward to seeing Benie Des Dieux again

Comment

• How hard a puzzle is the betfair hurdle!!

I've backed a couple from it but could easily have backed 10 and not been confident of getting the winner.

Kayf Grace and Kalashnikov are tentative selections.

Comment

• Agree with that Faugheen, Harder to pick ,than a broken nose !. I have a L.15 - Templehills 3-15 warwick.
                            High Bridge 3-35 newbury
                            benie des bieux 3-55 naas
                            duke des champs 4-10 newbury.
                            And also Knocknanuss, Kalashnikov in the B.fair hdle..
                            Good luck all.

Comment

• Can not wait for today Racing looking forward to the Irish races to. Few Guinness tonight.

Comment

• Very quiet weekend for me I think...

I want massive performances from Altior, Saint Calvados and Benie Des Dieux but won't back any today.

Would like Native River beaten... won't back in that race either.

Barters Hill I'll probably back as my only bet of the day but only small stakes.

Not sure what I want to happen in the bumper... hopefully a blanket finish implying that none of them are standout!

Comment

Working...
                                X