Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh god ... just found another two . One for Arthur and Def , Red !! . no more .

Comment

• My squad in order of winnings:
      Highland Lodge
      Cause of Causes
      Rogue Angel
      Perfect Candidate
      More of that
      Stella Notion

I'll be adding at least one more.

Comment

• FM - great story for the wife !
        Cue years of misery for you if it cops though...

Comment

• I'm already getting plenty of stick off my mates, who (maybe correctly) point out that she is a better punter than myself. If recent form is anything to go by then they are right!

Comment

• I'll look forward to having a beer with her at Chelt next year while you're looking after the kids....

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
              I'll look forward to having a beer with her at Chelt next year while you're looking after the kids....

Brillant bet - we will have to get her to do the festival yankee !

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                I'll look forward to having a beer with her at Chelt next year while you're looking after the kids....
                don't joke Ista, she's been talking about going for a couple of years but i keep putting my foot down - that week is for the lads.

She does know her stuff to be fair

Comment

• I hope this isn't going to be the start of a new trend , Getting the missus to pick your horses,
                  But , mine has just picked out for the G.N , 1. Pleasant company.
                  2. Highland lodge
                  3. Thunder and roses. . ( i'm gonna do the tricast !!!!??)... shhh. !

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    don't joke Ista, she's been talking about going for a couple of years but i keep putting my foot down - that week is for the lads.

She does know her stuff to be fair
                    Get her to do two months of form studying, watching replays, reading preview evening reports and get her to write down 28 winners then leave her would be my advice....

Comment

• To be fair it's great so many women are interested in racing but Cheltenham, and its' 65k spectators, is hard work if you have a wife in high heels hanging off your arm

Comment

• Comment

• Glad I put in all that effort researching Pendra/thank god for NRNB

Comment

• I remember a few years ago , I took my Daughter to work with me , gave her a Racing post to read, and later that day, we went to Lingfield races , She had the first 4 winners then a 3rd , while i, eventually got a winner in the fifth race. she did very nicely that day I seem to recall.

Comment

• My main bets for the Nash are:Vincente & Pleasant Company. Small bets: Thunder & Roses & Bishops Road.
                              I have to say I'm not that confident so have staked accordingly. Not a meeting I'm mad about.
                              Good luck to all today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                Cause of Causes was my main bet until the weekend - my wife put a £5 ew treble on ballet concerto 8/1, bravery 14/1 and Highland Lodge 33/1. First two have won and she is now waiting on Highland Lodge for £23,420.

She missed out on BOG with Bravery because she placed the bet on Friday night with Corals and BOG only comes into effect on day of race with them - that'll cost £10k+ if HL wins, which has annoyed me somewhat!
                                Go on the LODGE !!!!!!!!!,

Comment

Working...
                                X