Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The Rasen Sat 24 Sept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rasen Sat 24 Sept

Proper racing edges closer and there's a decent card at The Rasen this Saturday.

Two listed races and a juvenile hurdle, won last year by Leoncavallo who went on to run 5th in the Triumph after an interrupted prep.

The 2m hurdle shows Dan Skelton's Red Tornado as an intended runner, he won the Summer hurdle at the track when rated 129, now up to 137 he'll have to lump 11:11 but it doesn't look a massively strong renewal, that one would have a leading chance.
    Nicky Henderson has Cardinal Water and the good Dr runs Sir Toby, that pair could go close.

The 2m 5f chase looks a tricky affair, Shantou Flyer is declared and NTD has the improving 6yo Ballykan but it's a tough race to call, it does however signal the start of the Autumn C4 coverage so plenty to get excited about....

In Ireland some rumours circulating that Listowel Festival could be trimmed from 7 days to 5 days and made an all jumps meeting marking start of season proper. Overlapping with Champions weekend on flat is helping neither event.

Nice little race tomorrow

Follow horse racing with Alex Hammond on Sky Sports - get live racing results, racecards, news, videos, photos, stats (horses & jockeys), plus daily tips.

Comment

Certainly is an interesting race Mayo. I'm sure they would both have preferred a less competitive introduction to hurdles; all for the privilege of winning 3200 pounds for a novice hurdle!
      I'm with you Istabraq; always think the next couple of months are the most exciting of the year: top novice hurdlers taking on the best hurdlers or moving to fences, bumpers making the transition to hurdles and all of last season's top horses consolidating their position (or not). Must be time to start looking forward to Cheltenham (as if we ever stop)

Comment

Will one of them pull out today ? Seems mad that they should clash this early for £3k.

Comment

Fox Appeal looks to have dropped down the ratings enough to make him a bet today in 3.10.
          I'll take a flyer on the Good Doctors Sir Toby in the 2.35
          I'll play 3 places Visage Blanc in the opener
          The fav looks good to me in the lucky last, Bandsman.

Good luck to all that play

Comment

joined in on bandsman

Comment

Ran well but no cigar....

Comment

Not convinced it was a strong renewal but it was notable the first two home in the juvenile hurdle were both double penalised horses, in racking up a treble the winner probably had a rating around 125 now and although more exposed than most junenile hurdlers if he improves again it puts him in the mix for some nice races.
                Probably needs decent ground so expect him to be put away for deep winter soon and return in the Spring....

Comment

Working...
                X