Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

US Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Open

Any strong views on this ?
    Unless he's lost the use of his left hand I can't believe Louis Oost can be backed at 80s.
    Also think Rose and Fowler are value at the prices and this is leg two of my annual 'let's throw away 50 quid on Dustin Johnson' who remains the most talented golfer in history not to have won a major.

Good luck !

Unoriginal, but it's Jason Day for me. I used to be part of the DJ fanclub but he has flogged so many majors I just can't bring myself to back him anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      I used to be part of the DJ fanclub but he has flogged so many majors I just can't bring myself to back him anymore.
      I make him a choker now FM but I just wouldn't be able live through him winning one and me not picking up.

A few years ago at Sandwich I backed him at 25/1 before the start then I just happened to be in Corals when he double doubled the first hole in his opening round, Corals went 200/1 and I managed to get another £200 e/w (several different slips !), I'll never get another jackpot kind of price like that again but he still has age on his side and I'm sure will win one before long, as long as he's off the white stuff.....

Comment

I'm sure there was a stat last year that either Jordan Spieth and DJ had led in every round of the first 11 rounds of the majors last season, yet DJ never won any. I really like him, and his lifestyle but my patience has worn thin

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          I'm sure there was a stat last year that either Jordan Spieth and DJ had led in every round of the first 11 rounds of the majors last season, yet DJ never won any. I really like him, and his lifestyle but my patience has worn thin
          I hadn't seen that stat but it's quite telling.
          DJ has issues, I used to think he wasn't that bothered but I'm not sure that's it. don't know what it is but he has the talent and if he does manage to string it all together he's a major winner in waiting, which is why I have to waste a few quid four times a year !
          Good luck

Comment

Great shout Ista - hopefully he'll win a few majors now. That drive he hit on the 1st yesterday was unbelievable - 378yds!!!

Comment

Nice to finally collect on DJ but I reckon I'm still down over the years !
              What a farce they made of that final round, completely ruined the drama of a final round at a major and for a couple of holes it broke DJ, then we had Lowry doing a DJ !

In the last week I've somehow found the winner of a 30 runner handicap at Ascot and the US Open winner, the Northumberland Plate should be a walk in the park.....

Brandon Grace is a massive runner for the Open, he only wins when it's blowing a gale so to get as close as he did says he's not far away at all from winning an Open, 33s is tight but I don't see him drifting much.....

Comment

I'll have a bit on BG for the open. I'm hoping Rory sorts his game out before then too.

Talking oh the Northumberland plate; I've took an early stance and backed Gang Warfare at 16/1. Fly on holiday in the morning so probably won't get to see the race.

Comment

Enjoy FM, somewhere hot, sunny and paid for by a winner or two I hope....

Comment

Yep and it can't come soon enough. I hope you boys knock in a couple of big winners in my absence.

Comment

Working...
                    X