Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Betfair Hurdle 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betfair Hurdle 2015

Weights are out

talk among youselves while I sort out the stats

Comment

Winners 2005-2014

Comment

Good case for thw top weight ..ground though ?

The last time we saw Sign of A Victory in a race like this, at Ascot, he laughed at a field that included Dawalan and Baradari. That form could scarcely have worked out better, the only caveat being that the placed horses have since shown themselves well-in over further while Sign of A Victory is almost certainly a two-miler. The visual impression of that success is enough to banish those concerns and he certainly would have won with another 10 lb on his back, as he is due to carry here.

You fancy that Sign of A Victory would have been favourite for this race but for coming up short in the Christmas Hurdle last time. Not that failing to beat Faugheen is any slight, more that Sign of A Victory failed to find much off the bridle, not for the first time. That’s the chief concern again, though he should get more of a tow through this race before it comes to that. If you’re an in-running punter, a lay at short odds is advised should you follow us in.

Comment

Im just going enjoy the racing this weekend get some pointers for Cheltenham. Going be speniding loads next month Be good to see which horses do well on Heavy with bad weather we are having.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
            Im just going enjoy the racing this weekend get some pointers for Cheltenham. Going be speniding loads next month Be good to see which horses do well on Heavy with bad weather we are having.
            This happens regularly now ...we talk ourselves into the belief that is going to be a soft ground festival and then it isnt ...was good on Friday last year id say.

Comment

Goodwood Mirage is the one I am on. Bit of a cliff horse and will probably win the day after I give up on him

Not that keen on top 2/3 in market.

Comment

Originally posted by johnno View Post
                Goodwood Mirage is the one I am on. Bit of a cliff horse and will probably win the day after I give up on him

Not that keen on top 2/3 in market.
                Paul Kealy has a right go at Calipto and last years triumph form in RP. Only one winner from first 10 this season.

Comment

Arzal looks a decent each way bet to me in this, I think he'll be well suited by the ground and is around 33/1.

Comment

Comment

Wicklow Brave was way too big at 33s put seagulled now b

Ballybolley 25s and vasco du roncersy 40s my Ew shouts.

Good luck.

Comment

McCoy will win the first and Bazza the last ...

AP McCoy could provide the big danger to Houblon in the shape of Taquin Du Seuil now that the Jonjo O'Neill team are back in better shape, but whatever his fate in the Denman, the champ - film-crew and all - should win the opening Feel The Rush At Betfair Novices’ Hurdle aboard Qewy.

John Ferguson has enjoyed a great season and the fact he rates this former John Oxx-trained five year old highly is illustrated by his decision to try his luck in a Grade Two at Haydock first time up.

Qewy has come on for what was a promising third to Betfair Hurdle hopeful Aso, and gets a handy 6lb here from Nicky Henderson's Cardinal Walter.

Unusually, Henderson is relatively lightly represented for a big day at his local course, but he should take the closing bumper with Altior. This horse was featured in many a "horses to follow" publication in the autumn, but this is our first chance to see how he has progressed from an effortless debut win at Market Rasen last spring.

Wicklow Brave in the Hurdle
                        Unioniste in Denman
                        Sire De Grugy in Game Spirit - Coral 6/4 at 830
                        Last edited by Guest; 7 February 2015, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Well that was a bloody irritating race, starter wouldn't let them go when my pick, Arzal, was up front, where he likes to be, then when they got back into a line he let them go and Arzal was caught flat footed. During the race he ran into more trouble than James Bond, including being right behind a faller getting shuffled back towards the rear, culminating in the jockey getting a good run near the end to finish 6th, with the bookies paying ew 5 places, bugger, definitely one for the notebook though, anyone not particularly watching him wouldn't credit how good a run it was, may go off at far too big a price next time.
                          Last edited by MrMcGoldrick; 7 February 2015, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Can't believe I let the Moore horse go unbacked

It's was a stats winner

The last 10 winners were aged 5 and 6
                            10 of the last 12 were first or second season hurdlers
                            Gary Moore has trained 2 of last 7 winners
                            No Irish trained winner since 2005

Comment

Working...
                            X