Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Listowel Races

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best of luck Paul.

Cheers FM. Shanning is an intended runner and so am I for a couple of nights in Limerick.

Comment

Good luck to you both.

Paul is there any medication in US that horses can take that for ulcers that might not be allowed here. Lasix is for bleeding isnt it ?

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
        Good luck to you both.

Paul is there any medication in US that horses can take that for ulcers that might not be allowed here. Lasix is for bleeding isnt it ?
        Not that I am aware of Mayo; Gastrogard is the most frequently used in both US and Ireland. The withdrawal period is three days (which means he cannot have had a dose within 72 hours of the race). We could transport him over to Listowel on Sunday on Gastrogard and have him stay in the racecourse stables until the race; the problem then is that he is out of his normal 'at grass' routine and will probably get stressed in any event. We are looking at a couple of other ideas (all legal, of course) but will not disclose yet for three main reasons:
        1) We may not do either of them,
        2) They may not work, and
        3) Mullins and Elliot may be reading this forum

Comment

thanks for that Paul.

Comment

The idea of 3 being true is my favourite

Comment

By serendipitous coincidence, after the forfeit stage Bay Of Freedom and Shanning both get the number 18 spot where the maximum field is 18.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                By serendipitous coincidence, after the forfeit stage Bay Of Freedom and Shanning both get the number 18 spot where the maximum field is 18.

Not so fast Archie. There are two more horses on the same handicap mark so, depending on the ballot sequence, we could be anything between 18-20 so may need up to two to come out to get a run - will know more tomorrow. Good news is that Shanning is definitely in anyway.

Comment

Shanning will run as long as she works well. Bay Of Freedom first reserve as it stands but you'd have thought he'd get a run. I hope that isn't an issue for travel arrangements.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                    Shanning will run as long as she works well. Bay Of Freedom first reserve as it stands but you'd have thought he'd get a run. I hope that isn't an issue for travel arrangements.
                    My wife and I are in London at the moment and are 'all in' in terms or going to Listowel. Not only that, Kim's parents are breaking from their Irish Tour to attend the races (first time ever) so he had better get in. Like you say Archie, it should be ok. Last year he needed four to come out and I think it was nearer to eight. I am trying to be positive.

Comment

Best of luck.

Comment

A classic start from the bottom race scraping in bad for the nerves but good for your chances

Previous Years
                        2017 Potters Point 7 10-0 Ms Lisa O'Neill 8/1 (Gordon Elliott)
                        2016 Wrath Of Titans 7 9-3 Ms Lisa O'Neill 7/1 (Gordon Elliott)
                        2015 Rogue Angel 7 10-4 G N Fox 8/1 (M F Morris)
                        2014 Your Busy 11 9-12 Ms K Walsh 25/1 (J A Nash)
                        2013 White Star Line 9 10-4 A E Lynch 16/1 (D T Hughes)
                        2012 Faltering Fullback 9 9-12 D E Mullins 33/1 (E McNamara)
                        2011 Alfa Beat 7 11-3 B J Geraghty 20/1 (John Joseph Hanlon)
                        2010 Alfa Beat 6 10-10 B J Geraghty 6/1 (C Byrnes)
                        2009 Northern Alliance 8 11-2 R Walsh 4/1Fav (A J Martin)
                        2008 Ponmeoath 8 10-5 P W Flood 9/1 (E McNamara)
                        2007 Ponmeoath 7 10-1 P W Flood 14/1 (E McNamara)
                        2006 Bothar Na 7 10-13 R Walsh 10/1 (W P Mullins)
                        2005 Euro Leader 7 12-0 R Walsh 11/2 (W P Mullins)
                        2004 Banasan 6 11-0 R Walsh 7/1 (M J P O'Brien)
                        2003 Native Performance 8 9-7 T J Murphy 8/1 (Michael Hourigan)
                        2002 Monty's Pass 9 11-9 B J Geraghty 9/1 (James Joseph Mangan)
                        2001 More Than A Stroll 9 10-5 C O'Dwyer 14/1 (A L T Moore)
                        2000 Mac's Supreme 8 10-9 T J Murphy 6/1 (Ferdy Murphy)
                        1999 Lanturn 9 9-0 P A Carberry 7/1 (P Hughes)

Comment

NH track now soft.

Comment

Bay Of Freedom in at 15 off 10-5. Best of luck, Paul.

In a new low for the reserve system, Gigginstown have all 3.

Comment

Hi Archie, unlucky with the last tip.Hillary View didn't jump very well but manged to grab second. do you fancy anything else today?

Comment

Originally posted by mossy090814 View Post
                                Hi Archie, unlucky with the last tip.Hillary View didn't jump very well but manged to grab second. do you fancy anything else today?

Comment

Working...
                                X