Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Kentucky/Guineas Yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OR happy to go down the vote route for each race which then gives other members a shout.

1000 g Fallen Angel

2000 g City Of Troy

KY Oaks

KY Derby

Comment

Originally posted by parimutuel View Post
      Good idea MP, that will also give us a chance to watch them work at Churchill too.

Which one do you want Zachx02 ?
      Know more about the colts myself but happy with either

Comment

Originally posted by Zachx02 View Post

Know more about the colts myself but happy with either
        Okay Zach I'll do the Oaks if we don't have a vote

Comment

Sounds like Content goes French guineas, Opera Irish and Ylang Ylang English.

Ylang Ylang needs taking on imo.

I have a few on my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by HoldenTheReins View Post
            Sounds like Content goes French guineas, Opera Irish and Ylang Ylang English.

Ylang Ylang needs taking on imo.

I have a few on my mind.
            Yeah I'd be with you on taking on Ylang Ylang.

Comment

I’m on Ylang Ylang early doors so just pleased that I’m getting a run as Ballydoyle first string tbh… also backed Ramatuelle and think she’s still over priced at 10s

Comment

Originally posted by Morley Street View Post
                I’m on Ylang Ylang early doors so just pleased that I’m getting a run as Ballydoyle first string tbh… also backed Ramatuelle and think she’s still over priced at 10s
                Who are your top picks as it stands for the four races Morley

Comment

Originally posted by Monty's Pass View Post

Who are your top picks as it stands for the four races Morley
                  I’m big on City of Troy MP, think he’s special. Haven’t got a great opinion on 1000… pocket would love Ylang Ylang to do it but as above, I’m edging towards Ramatuelle at the price.
                  If we could trust Fierceness to run his race I think he’d run away with the Derby as I don’t think anything wiould go his gallop… I can’t back against him.
                  As for the Oaks, I managed to jump on the 20s for Leslie’s Rose straight after the Ashland and am happy to stick with her, though it wouldn’t completely surprise me to see Just FYI reverse the form.

Comment

Was just watching an interview with Steve Assmussen on youtube, he said he isnt sure if Track Phantom will go to the front. Could be beneficial for fierceness if he gets to set fractions then? I'm not sure who else could go from the front? Sierra Leone, Catching Freedom and Honor Marie are all deep closers, Forever Young isn't an american horse so can't really evaluate him here but he'd probably track the pace same with Just A Touch. Mystik Dan needs it to be sloppy so perhaps Resilience or some long shot? Possibly Dornoch but I couldn't touch him at all after that bluegrass run

Comment

I've also backed Ramatuelle MS. Thought her last race was okay considering she was so keen and the conditions weren't ideal. A little concerned with the early French form but hoping that firmer ground and a bit of sunshine should see her alright.
                      Also, backed her e/w for the Commonwealth Cup
                      Last edited by parimutuel; 23 April 2024, 11:43 AM.

Comment

If we all think COT is too short for the english guineas, why not use Henry for the french version?

Comment

If we all think COT is too short for the english guineas, why not use Henry for the french version?
                          Yeah that's a good shout, he's generally available with most bookies now around 5/2 and I know you were keen to add him a couple months back. I really like him and we know he runs well on the soft, could be the 'safer' play and at better odds than City of Troy who will either be the most impressive winner for years or massively dissapoint. Personally I think he will win but maybe not as easily as the market would suggest so I'm probably still leaning towards him but don't want to pick a losing 4/6 shot for the Yankee and be the only one to let us down

Comment

I’m big on City of Troy MP, think he’s special. Haven’t got a great opinion on 1000… pocket would love Ylang Ylang to do it but as above, I’m edging towards Ramatuelle at the price.
                            If we could trust Fierceness to run his race I think he’d run away with the Derby as I don’t think anything wiould go his gallop… I can’t back against him.
                            As for the Oaks, I managed to jump on the 20s for Leslie’s Rose straight after the Ashland and am happy to stick with her, though it wouldn’t completely surprise me to see Just FYI reverse the form.
                            Cracking price for Leslie, well highlighted after the Ashland had a small bit on myself, always one bookie caught napping with the US markets.

It's impossible to know which Fierceness shows up! It could be all too easy for him like the BC if things go his way. I think we'll know our fate with him after the first quarter. They just have to get him there unlike Forte last year..

Comment

https://twitter.com/Steve_Byk/status...0Or9P3Uig&s=19 nice work

Comment

Will be ridden in the derby by Ben Curtis.

Comment

Working...
                                X