Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

March ‘24 FJ Yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He'll not be schooling over any fences in the Autumn if he's staying over hurdles though surely?? Same as Constitution Hill but connections of him obviously thought it fun to keep it from the public until most punters had already backed him for the Arkle/Champion Chase. Naughty.
    Last edited by Lobos; 27 March 2024, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
      Heres my thought on where Lossie goes. With the weight mares run off i thinks its a no brainer, Champion Hurdle.
      Yep, with you 100%. Willie and Rich seem pretty set on that. She wouldn't be 5/2 for the Mares after this year's demolition if that were the preferred target. Of course, if she doesn't prove up to it then she can slip back in to the Mares but I have every confidence she'll be plenty good enough on what we've seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post

I was just meaning at Punchestown Kev which could help WPM ‘find out’ where they may all lie.

Lossiemouth against State Man this season would be good and given how good Ballyburn was and how he impressed WPM he wouldn’t be out of place on ratings either (for a novice). His rpr was better than State Man and he’s only rated 5lbs inferior.
        Rich has already stated Champion Mares Hurdle for Lossie at Punchestown. That could change but doubt it as it is just the perfect fit for her at this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guinness Village View Post
          Beaten by teahupoo in the hattons grace and by constitution hill in the international. She’ll be off to the mares
          If she gets beaten by Teahupoo in the HG she'll be off to another trainer

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
            He'll not be schooling over any fences in the Autumn if he's staying over hurdles though surely?? Same as Constitution Hill but connections of him obviously thought it fun to keep it from the public until most punters had already backed him for the Arkle/Champion Chase. Naughty.
            They will probably school all the potential chasers including Ballyburn. It's just the way they do it (or used to do it at any rate). Who knows, it might even make the hurdling decision for them.

Anyone who backed CH for the Arkle/QM double was foolish in the extreme given that connections had made it clear that they were only interested in the Gold Cup as the ultimate prize if he went chasing.

Comment

• ….giving this a bump, hopefully we hear from MoM today or tomorrow. From what he said earlier this month, guaranteed targets is the way to go with a few he highlighted;

Teahupoo (Stayers)
              GDC or F2F (GC)

Given that steer, I’d certainly be adding Lossiemouth to the list.
              Last edited by Eggs; 31 March 2024, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• Firefox for the Arkle would seem a set target and decent value.

Comment

• After the news this week and although not a certain target, I’d say it’s more 90%, Lossiemouth Champion Hurdle.

She’s just oozes class, can do 2m can do 2m4f, hurdles slickly, has a turn of foot.

I hope it’s not to the demise of Constitution Hill but I think she’s a massive chance next March.

Comment

• …..not heard from MoM since ‘Middle of March’ so as per arrangements for this season, if he doesn’t post the selections today I’ll do it first thing tomorrow. We’re comfortable with 2 he has highlighted and Lossiemouth (CH) looks another.

I do have another more left field selection in mind that has been nominated by a few but hopefully the main man makes an appearance later.
                    Last edited by Eggs; 1 April 2024, 06:38 AM.

Comment

• Difficult to make the fourth pick with three quite obvious selections from the thread. Of course those three are lossie (CH), GDC (Gold Cup) and Teahupoo (Stayers). The last choice I’ve gone for is El Fabiolo. I see what Archie is saying about perhaps waiting but it might be the only chance to get four rock solid obvious horses in at the same time that could all be strong favs through the summer and winter. It’s perhaps abit obvious and a bit boring but it’s four rock solid chances and all surely are going to the right races at the very least.

March Yankee:
                      - Teahupoo (Stayers) at 3/1
                      - Galopin Des Champs (Gold Cup) at 3/1
                      - El Fabiolo (Champion Chase) at 3/1
                      - Lossiemouth (Champion Hurdle) at 10/3

Odds - 276/1
                      Bookmaker - Betfred

Comment

• …..cheers MoM archie will be well happy

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                          …..not heard from MoM since ‘Middle of March’ so as per arrangements for this season, if he doesn’t post the selections today I’ll do it first thing tomorrow. We’re comfortable with 2 he has highlighted and Lossiemouth (CH) looks another.

I do have another more left field selection in mind that has been nominated by a few but hopefully the main man makes an appearance later.
                          what was the left field selection Eggs out of interest

Comment

• Originally posted by robith View Post

what was the left field selection Eggs out of interest

….not so much ‘left field’ after the discussion this morning in the April Yankee thread but I liked the case put forward by jrjr and supported by BagOfHammers for Dysart Enos (Mares Hurdle).

Looking like she’ll be out again this season and if she finishes ahead of Golden Ace (again) her price is bound to get a big haircut.
                            Last edited by Eggs; 2 April 2024, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post

….not so much ‘left field’ after the discussion this morning in the April Yankee thread but I liked the case put forward by jrjr and supported by BagOfHammers for Dysart Enos (Mares Hurdle).

Looking like she’ll be out again this season and if she finishes ahead of Golden Ace (again) her price is bound to get a big haircut.
                              As it goes, I was 70/30 in the end in favour of el fab for the last spot with DE the other on the shortlist wittled down to the last 5 from the thread.

I just went against her with her targeted being less clear. Wouldn’t be shocked if she ran in the county hurdle or perhaps even the champion hurdle next year. She’s all speed and the extra half mile for a mares hurdle surely won’t be ideal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post

As it goes, I was 70/30 in the end in favour of el fab for the last spot with DE the other on the shortlist wittled down to the last 5 from the thread.

I just went against her with her targeted being less clear. Wouldn’t be shocked if she ran in the county hurdle or perhaps even the champion hurdle next year. She’s all speed and the extra half mile for a mares hurdle surely won’t be ideal.
                                ….i’m sure that’s the sensible play, MOM.

Comment

Working...
                                X