Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2025, The Odds on Offer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CJW View Post
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry with Maughreen's odds. I think its the latter, Missed 12s now into 4s!
    Its actually beyond a joke. Pathetic doesn't even come close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post

Its actually beyond a joke. Pathetic doesn't even come close.
      She's injured as well isn't she ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

She's injured as well isn't she ??
        very minor I think.

Comment

very minor I think.
          Maybe she'll turn up at Punchestown

Comment

• ….agree with the thinking that the PP any race Specials are underwhelming, but on reflection the 10-1 Mystical Power might not be too bad considering he’s as low as 8-1 Arkle. By comparison, Sky offer 5-1 any race.
            Last edited by Eggs; 25 March 2024, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• …..Caldwell Potter any race 14-1 PP/BFSB.

Seems reasonable given he’s now a best price 16-1 for BANC & Turners.
              Last edited by Eggs; 29 March 2024, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                …..Caldwell Potter any race 14-1 PP.

Seems reasonable given he’s now a best price 16-1 for BANC & Turners.
                Had a bit of that thanks for posting, could make a case for favouring either the turner's or banc so eliminate that headache, hopefully a good showing from him at Aintree

Comment

• Aye, Nicholls had winner in 2023 and a second this year in the Turners as well. No reason he wouldn't target it again. Plus Caldwell Potter never been further than 2 mile. Much better bet at 14s to cover any race than 16s for BANC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benjy23 View Post
                    Aye, Nicholls had winner in 2023 and a second this year in the Turners as well. No reason he wouldn't target it again. Plus Caldwell Potter never been further than 2 mile. Much better bet at 14s to cover any race than 16s for BANC.
                    …..might have to factor in Ballyburn if he goes Nov Chasing (maybe Turners) but i suppose that’s an advantage of any race.
                    Last edited by Eggs; 29 March 2024, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• Think you also have to consider that neither horse are seen as Gold Cup horses, the 2 recent Turners runners that is. Nicholls traditionally sends his Gold Cup horses to the BANC and they’ve said as much about Caldwell Potter being a future Gold Cup horse. He may change and go Turners but why change what’s not broken.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
                        Think you also have to consider that neither horse are seen as Gold Cup horses, the 2 recent Turners runners that is. Nicholls traditionally sends his Gold Cup horses to the BANC and they’ve said as much about Caldwell Potter being a future Gold Cup horse. He may change and go Turners but why change what’s not broken.
                        Assume this is meant to be agreeing that the any price is the better bet rather than disagreeing?

So this is fairly irrelevant but anyway... I'm not sure it's a particularly recent successful trend for Nicholls that is it? Stay Away Fay could've been seen as a future Gold Cup horse that went BANC and wasn't particularly successful. Not many others I can think of. I'm reluctant to look back to the Denman years to see how Nicholls now trains tbh.

I'd also have BANC is the more likely target of the two. But if you're suggesting it's the bet aren't you pricing it at like 1/8 he ends up there? Not sure I'd have it that strong

Comment

• If he's as low as 16s in any race, 14s TWAR is a fantastic price.

Comment

If he's as low as 16s in any race, 14s TWAR is a fantastic price.
                            ….16s is the best price for either, he’s as low as 12-1 BANC with Sky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benjy23 View Post

Stay Away Fay could've been seen as a future Gold Cup horse that went BANC and wasn't particularly successful.
                              I'm probably in a minority of one here but I still think Stay Away Fay can make into a Gold Cup horse, I genuinely think the 100/1 quotes are an overreaction and he represents rare value in the AP markets.
                              I'm not convinced he would have been in love with the ground in his BANC, he lost a shoe and scoped dirty after the race.
                              I could be tempted into playing him now on the basis he could go to Aintree and win and that 100/1 becomes 25s, but I didn't pick up any post BANC comments about his plans, if he's put away for the year then there's no rush....

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

I'm probably in a minority of one here but I still think Stay Away Fay can make into a Gold Cup horse, I genuinely think the 100/1 quotes are an overreaction and he represents rare value in the AP markets.
                                I'm not convinced he would have been in love with the ground in his BANC, he lost a shoe and scoped dirty after the race.
                                I could be tempted into playing him now on the basis he could go to Aintree and win and that 100/1 becomes 25s, but I didn't pick up any post BANC comments about his plans, if he's put away for the year then there's no rush....
                                His BANC run can be ignored completely as he scoped dirty post race so if you're a book builder the 100/1 is a no brainer I'd say

Comment

Working...
                                X