Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

November ‘23 Yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November ‘23 Yankee

Whilst we await the conclusion to last month’s thread, might as well start the November discussion for MoM.

Checked last years November selections & it doesn’t look like we had a theme but that’s not to say we can’t have one this month.

Really a good opportunity to target not only Down Royal this coming weekend but Navan the week after and then Punchestown. OK, we can throw Cheltenham's November meeting in as well.

​​​​​​Maybe a horse from each meeting?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Rugby View Post
      Really a good opportunity to target not only Down Royal this coming weekend but Navan the week after and then Punchestown. OK, we can throw Cheltenham's November meeting in as well.

Could make 2 yankees out of the 4 meetings

Comment

….good shout, or utilise Saxon Warrior Race Planner to identify our selections. I imagine those meetings/races are mostly captured so we could exploit it.

2 Yankees is a consideration.

Comment

Love the idea of choosing one horse from each meeting or even 1 horse from each weekend. Frames the conversation nicely and doesn't have to be stuck to if we don't fancy anything strongly and want 2 from another meeting.

Sax's race planning diaries feed nicely into this too ​​​​​​

Comment

Not sure how much juice there's likely to be left in his price post debut but Romeo Coolio might be a worthy entry...

Comment

When do we start getting pointers at bumper horses? I've yet to back a horse in that one... actually. Sir Gino was my first punt into the Triumph market too...

Comment

Not sure if we decided to go for a theme, but if we're picking a horse from each week, Iroko has just thrown his challenge down to Elliott's Down Royal masses.

Comment

Pro tip. Don't simply search iroko in x for the replay.....

Comment

First thing I’ve done

Comment

Really liked some performances this week.
                      In particular……Willmount(Supreme) Stay Away Fay(BANC) Found A Fifty(Turners) Brighterdaysahead (MNH)
                      Hopefully I have the right races!!
                      Think it’s a nice e/w yankee
                      PP best odds I found.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnage at Taunton View Post
                        Really liked some performances this week.
                        In particular……Willmount(Supreme) Stay Away Fay(BANC) Found A Fifty(Turners) Brighterdaysahead (MNH)
                        Hopefully I have the right races!!
                        Think it’s a nice e/w yankee
                        PP best odds I found.
                        Wasn’t there a ‘rumour’ a few weeks back that the Supreme is definitely not on the agenda for Willmount?

I can’t recall exactly where or who it came from but it was enough for me to cash out 40/1 slips

Plans now may have changed after his recent performance though

Comment

Originally posted by BookieBasher View Post

Wasn’t there a ‘rumour’ a few weeks back that the Supreme is definitely not on the agenda for Willmount?

I can’t recall exactly where or who it came from but it was enough for me to cash out 40/1 slips

Owner said on twitter on Sep 22nd that "He will not be going to the supreme". Then later in the thread commented that Cheltenham isn't the be all and end all. Maybe he picked up the baton Nicholls recently seems to have dropped. Mentioned the Tolworth in a now deleted tweet. If he's good enough (big if) why wouldn't he go though?!
                          Last edited by Atlantic Viking; 11 November 2023, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantic Viking View Post

Owner said on twitter on Sep 22nd that "He will not be going to the supreme". Then later in the thread commented that Cheltenham isn't the be all and end all. Maybe he picked up the baton Nicholls recently seems to have dropped.
                            Yep that’s the one.

Hopefully Jeriko Du Reponet comes out soon and nails down Nicky’s No.1 spot for the Supreme

Comment

Originally posted by BookieBasher View Post

Yes i have heard that.
                              I do know that the trainer loves the Supreme though, and to my eyes that looked like a Supreme type performance., although of course early days and he needs to be seen in better grade.
                              Not beyond the realms NH convinces an unsure owner and he ends up at Cheltenham, and if he does i think the Supreme is where he goes.

Comment

Working...
                              X