Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Who will be Nicky Henderson's Supreme Horse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be Nicky Henderson's Supreme Horse?

We know he's likely to have one but I'm struggling to pin it down this season. Always tough to know what to take as gospel from Nicky given the amount of gushing he does.
    Ideal Des Bordes
    0%
    Jeriko Du Reponet
    80.95%
    Jingko Blue
    9.52%
    Kintaill
    0%
    Southoftheborder
    0%
    Willmount
    7.14%
    Another
    2.38%

The poll is expired.

Hard to know… we all thought Jet Powered was the one last year. Nicky only had one runner in the 3 main novice hurdle races and was Persian Time sent off 150/1..

He does look to have a nice crop this year but a lot of staying chasers down the line you’d suspect.

I think Jeriko is the most attractive one from that list going off his P2P and the current vibes I wouldn’t be interested in any of the others really. Shanagh Bob maybe another nice one. He’s picked up a few frenchies as well but as we know the recent successful MO was with Irish pointers.

Comment

Jingko my boy! But I think he may have a couple of darts this year with Jeriko too.

Comment

Would give a tentative shout for Shanagh Bob. Given plenty of time to settle at Seven Barrows, Nicky didn't rush to get a run in at the back end of last season - his P2P form has only thrown up one winner as far as I can see but a 94 RPR shouldn't be sniffed at.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadToCheltenham View Post
          Would give a tentative shout for Shanagh Bob. Given plenty of time to settle at Seven Barrows, Nicky didn't rush to get a run in at the back end of last season - his P2P form has only thrown up one winner as far as I can see but a 94 RPR shouldn't be sniffed at.
          Can't have a Mahler offspring in the Supreme shirley? He'd get lapped!

In all seriousness, I did consider him but wanted to keep the list down a bit.

Comment

Willmount for me, one I kept tabs on from Jumpers to follow last year whilst with Neil Mulholland and now moved to Nicky. The bumpers from last season might not mean much but both were won comfortably. A speculative vote for now.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post

Can't have a Mahler offspring in the Supreme shirley? He'd get lapped!

In all seriousness, I did consider him but wanted to keep the list down a bit.
              Came on to say this. Mahler's want 5m much less 2m.

Comment

Blimey, it's a done deal. Supreme winner sorted in September and a 33/1 shot !!

Comment

I had a look at some Henderson Supreme trends here.

He usually runs his Supreme horses in bumpers the previous season (often in the Spring). The only recent exceptions were Constitution Hill and Angels Breath.

Looking at bumpers in Spring of this year, he didn't really have much that set the world on fire and certainly nothing that looked like a likely Supreme winner. So if he has anything it is likely to going straight over hurdles.

Of his P2P recruits, I'm less keen on Willmount after the apparent tweets from the owner about Cheltenham and the fact that he was working on the gallops with two stayers in City Chief and Mister Coffey (perhaps shouldn't read too much into that but it's interesting).

Jeriko du Reponet is the most likely one to turn into his Supreme horse for me. Henderson loves a Supreme runner for a big name owner and I was taken with Jeriko du Reponet's P2P performance. Of course, we thought the same about Jet Powered last season. For me, JdR looks the most likely but it could always be a year without another Supreme contender for Henderson.

I've also backed Shanagh Bob for small stakes at a silly exchange price but agree that breeding suggests he won't be seen as a 2m horse.

Comment

I'd be fairly confident that Jeriko De Reponet is currently viewed as the Supreme horsen Jackie. Jingko Bleu would be the next cab of the rank.

Olly Harris has said Wilmount won't go there, and I'm currently trying to get a response from him as to why he/they have apparently discounted the race for consideration. Is it because he'll be aimed at the Ballymore, or they intend to skip the Festival all together? If I get a response I'll let you know.
                    Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Cheers Spectre. I'd be very interested in his response. Can see why they'd perhaps view him more as a Ballymore type but making a decision this early to skip the festival altogether would go against what I was told when he was with Neil. Perhaps it's a Henderson thing.

Comment

I’m looking, but can’t find a hendo supreme winner yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                          I'd be fairly confident that Jeriko De Reponet is currently viewed as the Supreme horsen Jackie. Jingko Bleu would be the next cab of the rank.

Olly Harris has said Wilmount won't go there, and I'm currently trying to get a response from him as to why he/they have apparently discounted the race for consideration. Is it because he'll be aimed at the Ballymore, or they intend to skip the Festival all together? If I get a response I'll let you know.
                          I’d say they see Wilmount at intermediate trip for now and their other runner Peaky Boy as a 3 miler.

That mare they have Break My Soul looks very very nice. Looks a fine stamp in that clip of them working up the hill think she was alongside Kingston Pride

Comment

Originally posted by HesTheOne View Post

I’d say they see Wilmount at intermediate trip for now and their other runner Peaky Boy as a 3 miler.

That mare they have Break My Soul looks very very nice. Looks a fine stamp in that clip of them working up the hill think she was alongside Kingston Pride
                            Noticed that BMS is Fav for the Bumper with Unibet

Comment

Looking outside the box with Excello, one of his French imports. Second season novice over hurdles yet has already won over the larger obstacles. Hurdles form has worked out. Did race over 2m 6f last time in a chase which may suggest he could want further than the 2m though generally you want a 'stayer' for the Supreme. Will have a lot of options this year so really interested to see how he is campaigned.

Comment

Working...
                              X