Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2024 Novice Hurdlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robith View Post

I'd never seen it that pronounced, it was like he was kneeling!
    Sure he knew it was just a piece of work today to just get round! Love how he looks up ever 3/4 strides, then back for a pick

Comment

• …..something about seeing the great athletes and it doesn’t matter what side of the Irish Sea he’s trained. Magnificent Ballyburn.

Comment

• Commentators constantly saying he's keen and Willie just says 'that's him, that's the way he races'.

What an engine. Beast mode activated

Comment

• Even though it was a crap price I took the 5/1 on him to win today and any race next year

Was purely a fomo bet and will hopefully save plenty of stress next season if he stays fit

Comment

• Definitely got the wow factor. Where's he gonna go now ? Mullins bingo starts again !

Comment

• Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post
              Even though it was a crap price I took the 5/1 on him to win today and any race next year

Was purely a fomo bet and will hopefully save plenty of stress next season if he stays fit
              ….was TWAF 20-1 Turn and 25-1 BANC with PP.
              Last edited by Eggs; 13 March 2024, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• Willie saying it was a champion hurdle performance on ITV, surely there's no chance that happens?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zachx02 View Post
                  Willie saying it was a champion hurdle performance on ITV, surely there's no chance that happens?
                  Can't see it myself with Con Hill and him having State Man and Lossie. Future Gold cup horse.

Comment

• Willie did mention Churdle but also said could go anywhere. I'm I was to guess lossie in Churdle and ballyburn chasing.

Comment

• Ruby said on ITV with a smile that if he’s to be a GC horse the best ones are 7 turning 8. Next year he’s six turning seven.

Incredible performance. A joy to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by HoldenTheReins View Post

Can't see it myself with Con Hill and him having State Man and Lossie. Future Gold cup horse.
                        Personally think he would have won it yesterday.
                        Hes different class to Lossie and I suspect would only have CH to worry about next season if he stayed hurdling.
                        That was incredible what he did with the way he was before the race and during the race imo.

Comment

• Rewatching Ballyburn again after only catching it quickly earlier while at work. He's the best winner of the Ballymore I've seen I think.

Let's hope he keeps improving as a chaser next year. So much outstanding ability.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenmanSacre View Post
                            Rewatching Ballyburn again after only catching it quickly earlier while at work. He's the best winner of the Ballymore I've seen I think.

Let's hope he keeps improving as a chaser next year. So much outstanding ability.
                            ….a lot of chatter about CH/GC double for the Mullins Legacy.

Comment

• It's an overused word, but Ballyburn was brilliant today. All the negatives about the race were completely put to bed.

I hope there isn't another battle about targets next season. Hopefully, he will be just as exciting in staying novice chases next season. It doesn't, or shouldn't, take much to work that out. Just take a look at what happens from turning into the straight. That's a horse who relishes distance. Turners or Brown Advisory, that should be the only discussion. Starting at 2m4f should give the steer.

I have no idea why the trainer was immediately talking about a Champion Hurdle. Bonkers stuff. This horse has the pedigree of a three mile chaser and his performances only confirm that idea. It shouldn't matter a jot, but Mullins already has State Man and Lossiemouth for the Champion Hurdle. It would be a complete waste to send this horse in that direction. Fingers crossed someone brings him to his senses.

Comment

• Lucky Place gave the Gidleigh Park form a little boost today. That said I would like to see both trainer/jock in much better form. So far the English novices have looked distinctly second best. Gidleigh Park needs to be a cut above what we have seen so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X