Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2023 Gold Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EnvoiAlien View Post
    Talking of the Festival, don't be surprised to hear news about a former Cheltenham Gold Cup winner who was due to line up in steeplechasing's Blue Riband in the next few days.​

Bit of a cryptic ending here from Mark Howard,only APT & Minella Indo are former winners due to run this year,might be an idea to keep a eye on the exchanges if you've backed either of the pair.
    ITV Racing on Twitter: " "He's been unlucky this year... He's got as good a chance as any of them." Richard Thompson, from @CPStudOfficial, updates us on #ITVRacing | #TheOpeningShow https://t.co/g9Ignoz4Ys" / Twitter

This doesn't sound like confidence at all to me, this is totally just my opinion but I think in the next 10 days we might get some announcement. Very similar case to last year when Matt quizzed Richard on Inspiral.

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post

ITV Racing on Twitter: " "He's been unlucky this year... He's got as good a chance as any of them." Richard Thompson, from @CPStudOfficial, updates us on #ITVRacing | #TheOpeningShow https://t.co/g9Ignoz4Ys" / Twitter

This doesn't sound like confidence at all to me, this is totally just my opinion but I think in the next 10 days we might get some announcement. Very similar case to last year when Matt quizzed Richard on Inspiral.
      Got a few mixed signals from it myself. Thought he seemed very down beat about him making it with the lanaguage he used, letting it slip bit more work to do, but near the end of the interview he seemed to try and reassure he would be there! But Imo I would be like yourself and wouldnt be surprised if he doesn't make it!

Comment

• I thought the interview was awful imo. Watching it if I had backed a plus tard I would be putting the slip straight in the bin.

He just didn’t come across convincing at all, almost defeated at the circumstances.

Anyone else see it that way as well?

Comment

• Rather than worrying about APT it might be better to top up on the likes of GDC and Stattler whilst their prices hold up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
            Rather than worrying about APT it might be better to top up on the likes of GDC and Stattler whilst their prices hold up.
            Don’t think anyone is topping up on GDC at those odds Lobos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post

Don’t think anyone is topping up on GDC at those odds Lobos!
              I might. Stick him in some more Banker doubles.

Comment

I might. Stick him in some more Banker doubles.
                He's a tad above 2/1 on the exchange. Stattler is 13.0, which is a fair bit bigger than with the high street bookies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post

He's a tad above 2/1 on the exchange. Stattler is 13.0, which is a fair bit bigger than with the high street bookies.
                  Stattler just might be the one to turn him over.

Comment

• HDB says APT starting to show the right signs.

Comment

• Minella Indo really is in mighty form. Mark Walsh got good news yesterday and he hopes to be back riding before the festival, so he'll ride Indo if Rachael doesn't. He's a great rider and a great man to have on your side in a race like that.

Comment

• BMG
                        I think he's one of our best chances of the week. It will be tough – all Gold Cups are – but I think he probably is my best chance since Kauto. We always had little doubts about the track for Clan Des Obeaux and Silviniaco Conti, who were good horses, but couldn't do it.

Comment

HDB says APT starting to show the right signs.
                          Do you not think the wording of it is worrying?

”starting to show the right signs” I’d bloody well hope so with the festival only a couple weeks away!

Surely only 1 or 2 proper pieces of work to go for most of these horses depending what day they are running. Archie et al will obviously know better on that front.

Comment

Minella Indo really is in mighty form. Mark Walsh got good news yesterday and he hopes to be back riding before the festival, so he'll ride Indo if Rachael doesn't. He's a great rider and a great man to have on your side in a race like that.
                            Just about the only option worse than last year's (Walsh that is)

It's an HdB quote that, not a Lobos original I assume.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post

Do you not think the wording of it is worrying?

”starting to show the right signs” I’d bloody well hope so with the festival only a couple weeks away!

Surely only 1 or 2 proper pieces of work to go for most of these horses depending what day they are running. Archie et al will obviously know better on that front.
                              Also the mention of Rachel possibly riding Minella Indo is off-putting.

Comment

Stattler just might be the one to turn him over.
                                He's battered stattler twice now I'd be very surprised if that form is reversed

GDC would need to run below himself

In a match bet between stattler and noble yeats

I think I'd take noble yeats especially with the cheekpieces back on

Comment

Working...
                                X