Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Bumper 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

I'd say he'll be 7 come the festival, I'd be very surprised if they didn't send him over hurdles after his bumper run today.

He's also ineligible to run, because he is 7. The bumper is for horses aged 4-6.
    Thanks CoD, I saw him in the Champion Bumper market but will hold off for now

Comment

I'd say he'll be 7 come the festival, I'd be very surprised if they didn't send him over hurdles after his bumper run today.

He's also ineligible to run, because he is 7. The bumper is for horses aged 4-6.
      I’m sure in Marks book Ricci says something along the lines of he’ll start in a bumper, sorry not got the book to hand.

Which would suggest hurdles straight after. Wins and wins well he could be exciting over hurdles, sure he came with a reputation (I know the pink and green usually do).

Comment

• Sporting Life
        Gavin Cromwell Stable Tour

Letsbeclearaboutit

He was very impressive in winning at Punchestown on Saturday. You’d just have to love everything about him. He’s a big laid back horse, 16.3hh, by Flemensfirth out of Clarification, who’s the first foal out of Refinement, a Grade 1 winner over hurdles. He’s a very straightforward horse, laid back, and he gets through heavy ground, but he’s not slow. I think we’ll stick to bumpers with him, certainly for the moment. We’re probably looking at Navan for the listed bumper on 19th December. I’d be conscious of not over-racing him, but he hasn’t come off the bridle yet, so we’ll take it as it comes with him. I don’t think Cheltenham would be on the cards this year, I’m conscious to mind him, but he’s a very nice horse.
        Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 19 November 2020, 08:17 PM.
        "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
          Sporting Life

Letsbeclearaboutit

He as very impressive in winning at Punchestown on Saturday. You’d just have to love everything about him. He’s a big laid back horse, 16.3hh, by Flemensfirth out of Clarification, who’s the first foal out of Refinement, a Grade 1 winner over hurdles. He’s a very straightforward horse, laid back, and he gets through heavy ground, but he’s not slow. I think we’ll stick to bumpers with him, certainly for the moment. We’re probably looking at Navan for the listed bumper on 19th December. I’d be conscious of not over-racing him, but he hasn’t come off the bridle yet, so we’ll take it as it comes with him. I don’t think Cheltenham would be on the cards this year, I’m conscious to mind him, but he’s a very nice horse.
          Thanks for posting. I'm sure, like me, many on here may have been thinking of adding him as an alternative to SG.

Comment

• In his RP Stable today Tour Gavin Cromwell suggests the Grade 2 at the DRF and then Punchestown.

“He could go for a Listed bumper at Navan next month and, depending on how things go, he has the option of the Grade 2 at Leopardstown [at the Dublin Racing Festival]. I don't think he'd go to Cheltenham but Punchestown is an option. He doesn't need cut in the ground – he has plenty of gears – but obviously handles testing going.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
              Sporting Life

Letsbeclearaboutit

He as very impressive in winning at Punchestown on Saturday. You’d just have to love everything about him. He’s a big laid back horse, 16.3hh, by Flemensfirth out of Clarification, who’s the first foal out of Refinement, a Grade 1 winner over hurdles. He’s a very straightforward horse, laid back, and he gets through heavy ground, but he’s not slow. I think we’ll stick to bumpers with him, certainly for the moment. We’re probably looking at Navan for the listed bumper on 19th December. I’d be conscious of not over-racing him, but he hasn’t come off the bridle yet, so we’ll take it as it comes with him. I don’t think Cheltenham would be on the cards this year, I’m conscious to mind him, but he’s a very nice horse.
              lets see if he changes his mind when/if he wins at Navan.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post

lets see if he changes his mind when/if he wins at Navan.
                Crossed my mind that a romping victory would be the only chance he'd have to reconsider.

Comment

• I think its important to consider that the owner and trainer don't have to worry about our ante post bets

Comment

• That Navan listed bumper is always a good one and this years potentially could have a bit of depth to it...

Sir Gerhard
                    Letsbeclearaboutit
                    Brooklynn Glory

What price will Sir Gerhard be when he wins that

Comment

• Originally posted by Pendil View Post
                      I think its important to consider that the owner and trainer don't have to worry about our ante post bets
                      How selfish of them!! We should be the first people the trainer & owners consider when deciding how they map out their horses schedule and targets

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                        That Navan listed bumper is always a good one and this years potentially could have a bit of depth to it...

Sir Gerhard
                        Letsbeclearaboutit
                        Brooklynn Glory

What price will Sir Gerhard be when he wins that
                        I think they'll both turn him over.

Comment

• A few of you had backed Fiston Des Issards TWAR I believe and its interesting that he's reverting back to bumpers (Fairyhouse Saturday) after a lacklustre hurdling debut.

Cool Jet of Mullins entered on the Sunday and he was talked up in one of the recent stable tours.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                            A few of you had backed Fiston Des Issards TWAR I believe and its interesting that he's reverting back to bumpers (Fairyhouse Saturday) after a lacklustre hurdling debut.

Cool Jet of Mullins entered on the Sunday and he was talked up in one of the recent stable tours.
                            He wouldn't qualify for the Champion Bumper though, now he's been over hurdles, would he?

As per Racing TV: Race conditions: It is for four, five and six-year-olds which have not run under any recognised Rules of Racing, except National Hunt Flat races, Irish National Hunt Flat races or French AQPS races. Horses are not to have run in more than four National Hunt Flat races and, before February 27, must have been placed first, second, third or fourth in such a race.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                              A few of you had backed Fiston Des Issards TWAR I believe and its interesting that he's reverting back to bumpers (Fairyhouse Saturday) after a lacklustre hurdling debut.

Another interesting Mullins one is Reality Cheque who is entered

Comment

He wouldn't qualify for the Champion Bumper though, now he's been over hurdles, would he?

As per Racing TV: Race conditions: It is for four, five and six-year-olds which have not run under any recognised Rules of Racing, except National Hunt Flat races, Irish National Hunt Flat races or French AQPS races. Horses are not to have run in more than four National Hunt Flat races and, before February 27, must have been placed first, second, third or fourth in such a race.
                                Ah yes you're correct (Uhtred was the same). There are some other bumpers he could run in or maybe just biding their time before going back over hurdles.

Comment

Working...
                                X