Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltz Fest 2021 Behind Closed Doors ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeeBee View Post
    Apologies if this has been mentioned previously, but if it is played behind closed doors, what will happen with the plunges we often see on the day? It’s not like hills are just gonna lay big bets in shop or online like the on course bookies would do.. so will we shortenings happen earlier than the day?
    Have to say I have no idea how the current SP system works DeeBee and how prices fluctuate, can anyone enlighten me?

Recent trials have had racecourse bookmakers present and you would hope this will continue and lead an increase in those present which of course has to align with racegoers returning to courses, so all being well there'll be sufficient bookmakers present for the SP system to return to normal...

Comment

• It is unlikely next year's Cheltenham Festival will be held at full spectator capacity, according to Racecourse Association (RCA) chief executive... Read More

Comment

• Excellent news. Let's get on with it !

Comment

• I bit the bullet over the weekend and signed up for membership, one thing to note for clarity is that full membership is £430 plus there's an additional £100 signing up fee for new members, so £530 for year one...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
            I bit the bullet over the weekend and signed up for membership, one thing to note for clarity is that full membership is £430 plus there's an additional £100 signing up fee for new members, so £530 for year one...
            Does anyone know if the £100 fee also applies to new members for the 18-28? The woman I spoke to on email didn’t mention it when listing the price so hopefully not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
              Does anyone know if the £100 fee also applies to new members for the 18-28? The woman I spoke to on email didn’t mention it when listing the price so hopefully not.
              There’s no £100 joining fee on the 18-28, I’ve had it the last few years and got the misses one this year too and there’s no initial fee.

Comment

As MTR says MoM, no joining fee for 18-28 members. Its a very good deal

Comment

• I’d be shocked if every 18-28 year old with a Gloucestershire postcode doesn’t buy membership then punt tickets out at big prices...

Comment

I’d be shocked if every 18-28 year old with a Gloucestershire postcode doesn’t buy membership then punt tickets out at big prices...
                    Hopefully they'll stop that by making everyone provide ID on arrival. Think they'll just give 1 ticket per person on general sale so as to stop touts. They simply have to.

Comment

• Brilliant lads. It really does just get better and better.

Comment

Brilliant lads. It really does just get better and better.
                        Yeah but one day MoM you’ll have to pay full price and be in bed before 4am...

Comment

Yeah but one day MoM you’ll have to pay full price and be in bed before 4am...
                          Long way away that mind

Comment

• Just renewed. The best part is being able to use rewards4racing points, therefore I only paid £168 quid. Fantastic value, roll on October...

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                              Just renewed. The best part is being able to use rewards4racing points, therefore I only paid £168 quid. Fantastic value, roll on October...
                              Yeah great point ryan.
                              I had almost £400 in R4W credits so my membership only cost me about £130.
                              I’d urge anyone to look throuhh the R4W partners for any online purchase, at Christmas alone you can rack up hundreds of pounds in rewards but your average takeway (Dominos, Just Eat etc) give you a few quid but any mobile phone contract or utilities transfer is worth a tidy sum and can go a long way towards paying for race trips/memberships...

Comment

Yeah great point ryan.
                                I had almost £400 in R4W credits so my membership only cost me about £130.
                                I’d urge anyone to look throuhh the R4W partners for any online purchase, at Christmas alone you can rack up hundreds of pounds in rewards but your average takeway (Dominos, Just Eat etc) give you a few quid but any mobile phone contract or utilities transfer is worth a tidy sum and can go a long way towards paying for race trips/memberships...
                                Definitely, when I moved house I racked up plenty of points when buying appliances and furniture

Comment

Working...
                                X