Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

August Forum Yankee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Aramon is a cracking shout for this months yankee.
    His name keeps coming up............I'm going to have to take the plunge in the Churdle myself I think. Reading today's posts is going to cost me some !

Comment

Originally posted by Arkle View Post
      What’s people’s thoughts on allaho’s target too risky to chance the 12/1 for Ryanair would go off 2/1 fav if they decide to go value

Others Mullins I like are

Ferny hollow - supreme
      Chacun - champion chase
      Allaho - Ryanair
      Al boum - gold cup
      I very much like Allaho for the Ryanair.

I've not mentioned him for ages as I took a price and haven't really needed to.

It's definitely not an outstanding price now, but I do like him.

Unfortunately, there is a big possibility he is considered a Gold Cup horse and that'd wain my enthusiasm for a yankee that we're all on...

Comment

I very much like Allaho for the Ryanair.

I've not mentioned him for ages as I took a price and haven't really needed to.

It's definitely not an outstanding price now, but I do like him.

Unfortunately, there is a big possibility he is considered a Gold Cup horse and that'd wain my enthusiasm for a yankee that we're all on...
        I can't have him at all as a GC horse from what I've seen. Am I missing something? To me he looks every inch a Ryanair horse.......and a millimetre a CC horse. GC.......not on your Nelly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
          I can't have him at all as a GC horse from what I've seen. Am I missing something? To me he looks every inch a Ryanair horse.......and a millimetre a CC horse. GC.......not on your Nelly.
          If it was me, yes... but I'm factoring in the trainer and owner and what they've said.

I don't think he stayed the RSA trip well enough to be a Gold Cup horse... and I hope connections feel the same.

I said the exact same about Monalee and connections disagreed, the lure of the Gold Cup is pretty big... (and so it should be) feck the Ryanair.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
            Dont see him as a GC horse at all. I can see him going out in front in a CC and jumping from fence to fence and putting them into trouble. He'd have no problems staying on up the hill. It's an outside chance but I'm actually warming to it. Where's that oddschecker.......

20/1 CC......now that is shit.......I'd want at least 50's. I'll stick with the 12/1 TWAR bet !
            I agree I wouldn’t have him a gold cup horse either but that said he has low mileage and I’d see no problem going Ryanair and Gold Cup next year.

Would be shocked if he went Champion Chase, in fact it ain’t happening, let’s not muck around.

Envoi vs Allaho up the hill 2021 gold cup

Comment

If it was me, yes... but I'm factoring in the trainer and owner and what they've said.

I don't think he stayed the RSA trip well enough to be a Gold Cup horse... and I hope connections feel the same.

I said the exact same about Monalee and connections disagreed, the lure of the Gold Cup is pretty big... (and so it should be) feck the Ryanair.
              Ryanair is a huge pot for such a shit race. Mullins loves the dollar sign.

Comment

If there's genuine doubts about a target I'm not sure we should be considering a horse for a yankee.

Al Boum strikes me as a must to include. We know Aramon is going to the Champion Hurdle so I'd include him, or Saint Roi as the alternative. It's one or the other. I don't think anyone is in any doubt that Monkfish will go to the RSA. Melon is almost certainly going to the Ryanair, and his Festival record is fantastic. Chacun with cashout is fine but otherwise.........

The only other one I'd consider is Billaway. Is he quoted anywhere other than Hills? If he is, he is worth considering too. If not, he'd be one for a later yankee. Seven horses in total that are in play for a Mullins yankee for me.

If we had a novice hurdler in there, for me I'd probably just do the trixie. There is far too much doubt about targets at this stage, and we still have the ex-pointers and the ex-frenchies to consider.
                Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                  If there's genuine doubts about a target I'm not sure we should be considering a horse for a yankee.

Al Boum strikes me as a must to include. We know Aramon is going to the Champion Hurdle so I'd include him, or Saint Roi as the alternative. It's one or the other. I don't think anyone is in any doubt that Monkfish will go to the RSA. Melon is almost certainly going to the Ryanair, and his Festival record is fantastic. Chacun with cashout is fine but otherwise.........

The only other one I'd consider is Billaway. Is he quoted anywhere other than Hills? If he is, he is worth considering too. If not, he'd be one for a later yankee. Seven horses in total that are in play for a Mullins yankee for me.

If we had a novice hurdler in there, for me I'd probably just do the trixie. There is far too much doubt about targets at this stage, and we still have the ex-pointers and the ex-frenchies to consider.
                  Agree with all that bar Monkfish. Would not be surprised if he stayed hurdling and went for Stayers. Even if he didn't I still wouldn't like to say where he'll end up. With Mullins armoury you never know. Marsh , RSA, NHC. Dunno.

Comment

No chance Monkfish stays hurdling based on what they've said about him Lobos.

With Mullins usual modus operandi he won't wait until he's 8 to send him novice chasing either, and that's in addition to the stated intention to go chasing.
                    Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                      No chance Monkfish stays hurdling based on what they've said about him Lobos.

With Mullins usual modus operandi he won't wait until he's 8 to send him novice chasing either, and that's in addition to the stated intention to go chasing.
                      Mullins did say he could be his Stayers horse straight after his Albert victory but I too think he will go Chasing. RSA looks favourite but he could end up Patrick's mount . I have a sneaky feeling The Big Getaway may prove to be Mullins number 1 RSA horse going by his form with Envoi which is far superior to the Albert form where they all finished in a heap. Could be wrong though.

Comment

Why is no one mentioning Min? Current champion, target confirmed and a big price. I'd have him over the likes of aramon and allaho all day long

Comment

Originally posted by aalowe9 View Post
                          Why is no one mentioning Min? Current champion, target confirmed and a big price. I'd have him over the likes of aramon and allaho all day long
                          Think it's an age thing. It affects us all !

Comment

Like the Aramon shout.

Min I’d think is a fair bet with the target clear. Same with Al Boum Photo (although he really doesn’t seem a three time gold cup horse but that’s just a personal thing).

Allaho I’d be against at this stage as he will only drop into the Ryanair if the gold cup experiment fails.

Monkfish is a solid RSA type.

Long way to go this month but I reckon this will be a good thread. Plenty of talking points.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                              Like the Aramon shout.

Min I’d think is a fair bet with the target clear. Same with Al Boum Photo (although he really doesn’t seem a three time gold cup horse but that’s just a personal thing).

Allaho I’d be against at this stage as he will only drop into the Ryanair if the gold cup experiment fails.

Monkfish is a solid RSA type.

Long way to go this month but I reckon this will be a good thread. Plenty of talking points.
                              I was pretty sure Al Boum Photo didn't have the profile of a 2 time winner.... he's really joined a list of absolute legends of the sport... it's just so weird (when we all know Percy is 100 times better than him)

Min over Allaho or Melon? (Ryanair) You could make good cases for all 3.

Aramon over Saint Roi or Saldier? (Champion Hurdle) The first two in particular are getting a lot of air time (rightly so)

Monkfish over The Big Getaway? (RSA) Should there be 15 points between them in the betting? Would The Big Breakaway have been thrashed in the Albert Bartlett?

Elixir D'ainay over Klassical Dream (Arkle) - would be my longshots for the Arkle and Marsh but too risky for this yankee I suppose.

Salsaretta (JOKES)

The 'mad' think about Willie Mullins is, we can pretty much guarentee he'll have a horse at single figures in every graded race... we've just got to find them.

Billaway is a decent enough shout if someone can request some of the bookies to sort their shit out.

Comment

Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
                                If Chacun bailed it would be Min more likely to go for the champion chase than Allaho imo.
                                It'll be Annamix not Min or Allaho or Melon or any other Mullins horse stepping back down in trip. They also have Cilaos Emery who could return to fences.

Comment

Working...
                                X