Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topofthegame2021 View Post

I think the winner comes from them three if they all line up personally
    Crazy statement.

Whilst I'm led to believe Nassalam is the best of the Moore yard, there is nothing to suggest Quilixios is the best in Elliotts, or Youmdor is the best in WPM's, both have at least a couple more that could well end up better, at this stage, for all that they have made great starts to their respective careers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

Crazy statement.

Whilst I'm led to believe Nassalam is the best of the Moore yard, there is nothing to suggest Quilixios is the best in Elliotts, or Youmdor is the best in WPM's, both have at least a couple more that could well end up better, at this stage, for all that they have made great starts to their respective careers.
      I agree it’s a crazy statement but I really do believe it. I don’t believe Elliott has any better in his yard. I really don’t know about Mullins so quite possibly in that regard.

everything I’ve read about Quilixios makes me think they have him in high regards & is Elliott really renowned for 3yo Hurldlers anyway? I’m not so sure

(All of the above is me talking through my pocket)

Comment

• Originally posted by Topofthegame2021 View Post

I agree it’s a crazy statement but I really do believe it. I don’t believe Elliott has any better in his yard. I really don’t know about Mullins so quite possibly in that regard.

everything I’ve read about Quilixios makes me think they have him in high regards & is Elliott really renowned for 3yo Hurldlers anyway? I’m not so sure

(All of the above is me talking through my pocket)
        The statement has completely discounted the most succesful trainer in the race (that is still currently training), in Nicky Henderson. He'll have one or two up his sleeve, he always does.

You may well end up right, but I can't be having it right now.

Comment

• The reviews for Youmdor and Monmiral's races have been posted in the juvenile thread. The tl:dr for each horse insofar as the Triumph is concerned is that the former put up the best performance of the season to date and could be anything, while the latter wouldn't make massive appeal at this juncture unless the Triumph was ran in a bog.

There's a Grade 3 at Fairyhouse on Sunday and the entries close at noon tomorrow. Saturday could see the UK debut of Paros and looking at his opponents, it should be an easy introduction should he take up the engagement.

As far as Gordon Elliott is concerned, yes he does well in the division, but his best horses will usually be out by now.

All of the horses he's mentioned in his stable tours have been out already and unless something has slipped under the radar at the sales, the only other Elliott horse I am aware of is Teahupoo who won the Prix Emilius at Auteuil last month. The runner up, Good Ball, has since joined Paul Nicholls while the third has won since at the same track. For some reason. the Elliott horse is available at 50/1 even though the runner-up is 40/1. Will hopefully have a look at a few of the unwrapped horses sooner rather than later but here's a clip of the aforementioned race for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
            All I have backed in the Triumph is Quilixios

Of the rest the main ones thinking of backing , depending on entries etc would be
            • Heross Du Seuil
            • Saint Sam
            • Bring on the Night
            Saint Sam entered the weekend

Comment

Three of Gordons in there too, obviously not expecting them all to run, but would make it interesting even if one of them turned up against him.

Comment

Interesting race to make his debut for the yard but he is experienced from his time in France.

Comment

• There's only one of Saint Sam's runs on the racingpost site for now but in addition to Dieppe, he also won at Clairefontaine where he gave five kilos and a two length beating to Piriac. Prior to this race, Piriac finished third at the same track and was within a length of Nassalam who had what was effectively a walkover at Fontwell earlier in the month.

Incidentally, Saint Sam's win at Dieppe came at the primary expense of Shentri who was one of the trees in the aforementioned Fontwell contest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kotkijet View Post
                    There's only one of Saint Sam's runs on the racingpost site for now but in addition to Dieppe, he also won at Clairefontaine where he gave five kilos and a two length beating to Piriac. Prior to this race, Piriac finished third at the same track and was within a length of Nassalam who had what was effectively a walkover at Fontwell earlier in the month.

Incidentally, Saint Sam's win at Dieppe came at the primary expense of Shentri who was one of the trees in the aforementioned Fontwell contest.

https://www.equidia.fr/courses/2020-06-25/R4/C1
                    For those that want to see videos I’d advise signing up to France Galop or At The Races as they have French racing replays now.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post

For those that want to see videos I’d advise signing up to France Galop or At The Races as they have French racing replays now.
                      I completely agree. Love France Galop myself

Comment

• Can't figure out how to do the new linky thing but the preview for Sunday's race at Fairyhouse is now on the juvenile hurdlers thread.

A place to discuss the National Hunt Season. Share your thoughts and tips on the Grand National, King George as well as the major racing festivals like Punchestown and the Dublin Racing Festival!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kotkijet View Post
                          Can't figure out how to do the new linky thing but the preview for Sunday's race at Fairyhouse is now on the juvenile hurdlers thread.

https://www.fatjockey.com/forum/fat-...430#post252430
                          What linky thing?

I copy and paste the #3847347 from the top right of the posts, then just paste it, if that's what you mean?

Comment

• ?

testttttttttttttt

?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

• Did the copy paste thing but couldn't find the button... Will just type it out manually...

this is the preview for Sunday's race at Fairyhouse purple monkey dishwasher

Neat

Comment

• Saint Sam surely has to be a bet for those making a book and having cash out available?

Whilst Willie isn’t afraid to throw horses in at the deep end on debut for the yard, Saint Sam is not protecting a novice status so he could find a much easier opener. He also has a form line within the yard with Zanahiyr so you’d imagine that he thinks he’s got him covered even giving weight away. Saint Sam has experience already and is a solid jumper (Saint Des Saints love their jumping) so there is no concern on that front either.

Comment

Working...
                                X