Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is longclaw going to be plotted towards the boodles?!

Comment

• I highlighted a while ago i really liked Longclaw. Today I thought it was quite clear that from pretty early on it wasn’t going to be winning. If I remember rightly duffle coat was supposed to run against Longclaw LTO, but got pulled out late on? I hold my hands up and maybe got a little bit carried away with that Longclaw performance. Duffle Coat impressive winner.

Comment

• Jumped well and clean.

Comment

• Quilixios was a lot sharper in his jumping & attitude there today. Didn't learn much else bar that!

Comment

• Well Quilixios is trimmed off the back of winning at 1/16?

He was good then, but it's a bit frustrating watching a horse and learning little-to-nothing?

Comment

• ...Quilixios still 12 a/r and 14-1 Triumph with Hills.

Comment

• I do like the way that Kennedy made him extend coming down the the last. He did it with EA yesterday is it's good to see the acceleration. Apart from that, and a tidy round of jumping, we learnt nowt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Well Quilixios is trimmed off the back of winning at 1/16?

He was good then, but it's a bit frustrating watching a horse and learning little-to-nothing?
                  Unfortunately it's happening every race! Think why some off us are guilty of backing horses off word of mouth more than what our eyes have seen! Bookies just slashing every winner!

Comment

• Haut En Couleurs - Willie Mullins - Triumph Hurdle
                    This wonderfully bred juvenile won at Auteuil at the beginning of the month and it appears he’s on his way to Willie Mullins. He pulled a long way clear with the second horse showing a great attitude to hold off the challenge on the run in. I’m a huge fan of Saint Des Saints as a sire and this lad’s dam was a Grade 2 winner over fences as a 3yo. As he’s already won, he won’t be the type that Willie holds back for a year to run in novice hurdles so there is every chance he’ll run this season as he’ll have plenty of time to acclimatise.
                    Last edited by JackieMoon33; 1 November 2020, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• B365 have gone 20s on him - I’ve asked hills to price up for triumph and any race

Comment

• Originally posted by dannycraigpirates View Post
                        B365 have gone 20s on him - I’ve asked hills to price up for triumph and any race
                        Hills gone 33/1 Triumph
                        Any race 25/1

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                          Haut En Couleurs - Willie Mullins - Triumph Hurdle
                          This wonderfully bred juvenile won at Auteuil at the beginning of the month and it appears he’s on his way to Willie Mullins. He pulled a long way clear with the second horse showing a great attitude to hold off the challenge on the run in. I’m a huge fan of Saint Des Saints as a sire and this lad’s dam was a Grade 2 winner over fences as a 3yo. As he’s already won, he won’t be the type that Willie holds back for a year to run in novice hurdles so there is every chance he’ll run this season as he’ll have plenty of time to acclimatise.
                          Should be a cracking type for fences down the line

Comment

• Glorious Zoff has been declared to run on Thursday... At Sedgefield. Missed his outing at Down Royal due to the ground but it is also forecast to be soft at Rebecca Menzies' local track. Gordon Elliott also has Get Rich Die Plying running on the card so there might be less impetus to run Glorious Zoff for fear of a wasted journey. Still, it will be very exciting to see him run at the track if he lines up and though he should have too much for his rivals, the field does include two undefeated course and distance winners.

Comment

• Originally posted by dannycraigpirates View Post
                              B365 have gone 20s on him - I’ve asked hills to price up for triumph and any race
                              I was hoping for better so I could take advantage of the cash out provision.

Comment

• SAINT SAM
                                He's won twice over hurdles in France and is a real gentleman of a horse. He will possibly come out at the Royal Bond meeting or at Christmas, I'll try and find the right race for him to start. He might be a Triumph Hurdle type of horse.

Comment

Working...
                                X