Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont get to carried away Hardy, pull yourself together man...
    but...
    I think i am little bit in love. Sure his jumping could be a little sharper but it will get better with time and he's pulled a mile clear giving a decent match fit rival a stone without coming out of third gear.

Talk to me Kotkijet...

Comment

• I was more impressed by Hell Red, but both won like good horses beating up poorer opposition, so tricky to know which is better, or how they will fare when upped in class, among serious opponents.

Both had the sort of starts to keep long-range betting vouchers alive.
      "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Kotkijet View Post
        I don't have the runner up as anything better than a 109 horse and thought she ran rather flat. Quilixios did it well and it is difficult to crab the one performance but he did lack the enthusiasm and aptitude of Hell Red and I would not have the former ahead of the latter at this stage.
        Very interesting! Ill pull myself together

Comment

• Not sure if anyone else was checking but Quilixios cash out on Bet365 was suspended by the look of it.

Comment

• Quilixios may win the Fred Winter, tbf

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
              Don't go spoiling my day Kot ! Lol!
              I'm just putting away any oddsmakers who might be reading. Steam in on this bad boy

If anybody is on at 25s, which I suspect a fair few of you are, then I would be very pleased right now.

Comment

I don't have the runner up as anything better than a 109 horse and thought she ran rather flat. Quilixios did it well and it is difficult to crab the one performance but he did lack the enthusiasm and aptitude of Hell Red and I would not have the former ahead of the latter at this stage.
                Good points. CPS are the new Ricci of Irish racing. Something wins + they are very popular quickly. TBF they are getting the good'ns at the momemnt so easy to see why.

Comment

• Hell Red was far sleeker & looked to have a lot more schooling/work done but March is a long way away, Quilixios was very green early on, looking around everywhere, thought he may have run out at one stage, but sharpened up to the task nicely in the end, Gordon will have left plenty of improvement in the tank

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                    Not sure if anyone else was checking but Quilixios cash out on Bet365 was suspended by the look of it.
                    I cant get on with them but did notice that Hills suspended his TWAR price before he jumped the last.

Comment

I'm just putting away any oddsmakers who might be reading. Steam in on this bad boy

If anybody is on at 25s, which I suspect a fair few of you are, then I would be very pleased right now.
                      This is where the bulk of your efforts become crucial Kotkijet, your early musings were very informative and now these animals are starting to see racecourses it is intriguing how they perform.
                      If you are correct in that the runner up is no better than a 109 horse it would appear Quillixios will need to improve but that, of course, is not only probably but dare I say it, expected.
                      Looking forward to seeing Paros out in due course...

Comment

That's better.

Comment

• Gordon Elliott on Quilixios@punchestownrace
                          : “He’s a big laid-back horse and is having a good blow after the race. I’d imagine he’ll go next to either Down Royal or Wetherby which are on the same day (October 31). He’s a big galloper and will jump a fence in time.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                            Gordon Elliott on Quilixios@punchestownrace
                            : “He’s a big laid-back horse and is having a good blow after the race. I’d imagine he’ll go next to either Down Royal or Wetherby which are on the same day (October 31). He’s a big galloper and will jump a fence in time.”
                            Crikey, does anyone talking about a 3yo hurdle winner ever talk about chasing in the post-race chat.
                            "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                              Hell Red was far sleeker & looked to have a lot more schooling/work done but March is a long way away, Quilixios was very green early on, looking around everywhere, thought he may have run out at one stage, but sharpened up to the task nicely in the end, Gordon will have left plenty of improvement in the tank
                              Hell Red wasn't foot perfect himself but he certainly attacked his hurdles. Given that Quilixios was the longest priced of the four Nicolle horses on his debut, perhaps he is could be a more late developer? Martaline has consistently been near or at the top of the table for three-year-olds in France which bodes well for his juveniles. Maxios has only had a few crops so it is rather soon to assess how his horses develop. He already has a Fred Winter winner but if he takes after his own sire Monsun then many might not be the finished article before a season or two under their belts.

This is largely theoretical mind you.

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                              This is where the bulk of your efforts become crucial Kotkijet, your early musings were very informative and now these animals are starting to see racecourses it is intriguing how they perform.
                              If you are correct in that the runner up is no better than a 109 horse it would appear Quillixios will need to improve but that, of course, is not only probably but dare I say it, expected.
                              Looking forward to seeing Paros out in due course...
                              I am only going off the initial impressions from a single viewing of the race and would have to rewatch it to have a better idea but up to this point, she's not run above 109. The winning time today was actually quicker than when she won on quicker ground though her jumping was slicker on that occasion...

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
                              Crikey, does anyone talking about a 3yo hurdle winner ever talk about chasing in the post-race chat.
                              That's what they're saying about Monmiral before he's even had a chance to win in the UK!

Comment

• Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                                Gordon Elliott on Quilixios@punchestownrace
                                Need a galloper in the Triumph. Staying is the game in that race.

Comment

Working...
                                X