Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival Roll-Ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Benjy23 View Post

Yea, probably had it too easy all the way through didn't he. Never looked particularly like winning from 1-1 on sets in the final.

​​​​​​

When he went to walk off for the break thinking he'd lost when it was 2 all, I knew if Bully could keep his composure he could do it

Comment

• Dancing with the stars ireland - Brooke scullion 7/1 pp/lads

not really a roll up since I think the final is after cheltenham, but I was very surprised to see her price as big as this when I checked the odds. Anybody who tuned into Eurovision might remember her as Ireland’s entrant singing “that’s rich”. She didn’t make it to the final but she was still a pretty popular entrant, mainly down to her outgoing bubbly personality which goes a long way on shows like these. Being a pop performer she will also have a head start on most of her competitiors when it comes to dancing/choreography. I checked the odds specifically to see her price and was expecting her to be one of the faves so was very happy to see 7/1. It’s a pity there’s no ew/top 3 markets etc but even in a win only market I think she’s well worth a bet.

Comment

• Marcus Rashford to score anytime vs Man City this weekend at 9/2 (365) is something I’ll be looking to utilise for a few Cheltenham fancies

Comment

• A Gaa Roll up that I like is:
          ​​​​​​Down to win the NFL Division 3 at 11/4

Basically last few years the best club in Down, Kilcoo, had players that would not play with Down as they thought the Down players were not committed enough. New manager of Down is a Kilcoo player and all the county is now buying in to his set up. The Kilcoo lads are serious footballers and won all ireland club final in 2022. New manager, new players and new mentality. They are 2 from 2 this year already in preseason games. They will give the league a right crack and no team has the players they have in division 3.

As KingSprinterSacre says below the league does not end until the 26th of March
          Would hate if people rolled Cheltenham horses up with this and they won, only for Down to let you Down in the end
          Last edited by OffTheBridle; 13 January 2023, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Edited as found on paddy’s
            Last edited by Olliemagern; 12 January 2023, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Olliemagern View Post
              Edited as found on paddy’s
              B365 have 4/1

Comment

• Originally posted by OffTheBridle View Post
                A Gaa Roll up that I like is:

Basically last few years the best club in Down, Kilcoo, had players that would not play with Down as they thought the Down players were not committed enough. New manager of Down is a Kilcoo player and all the county is now buying in to his set up. The Kilcoo lads are serious footballers and won all ireland club final in 2022. New manager, new players and new mentality. They are 2 from 2 this year already in preseason games. They will give the league a right crack and no team has the players they have in division 3.
                Absolutely love a GAA bet

Comment

Silly question from someone who knows next to nothing about GAA. So anyone who plays for a county will also play for a club?

My understanding of your post is that the county is the equivalent of a country in football, someone playing for Liverpool could get called up for England in the same way a Kilcoo player gets called up for Down, have I got that right?

Doesn't add anything extra regards your bet, but it'd just be helpful for me to know!

I see Slaughtneill always get mentioned on our local news as always winning things, that's about the height of my knowledge on the subject.

Comment

• Yes the best club players make up the county side generally (barring the explained Kilcoo example)

Comment

• Originally posted by That Horse View Post

My understanding of your post is that the county is the equivalent of a country in football, someone playing for Liverpool could get called up for England in the same way a Kilcoo player gets called up for Down, have I got that right?
                      Ya thats exactly it.

Comment

The bet itself i like (even as an Armagh man!). Only warning for folks using for Cheltenham rollups who dont follow GAA - the league doesnt finish until late March so this part of the bet most likely wont be settled until after Cheltenham. So may not be ideal for a Chelt rollup if your horse wins as this could still go the wrong way. Personally on the rollups i want the previous legs settled going into the festival.

Comment

• How long is the league season? I assume you'd be rolling up your Cheltenham bets onto this, rather than the other way?

Edit: just seen above. Loaded this page about an hour ago but only just replied

Season much shorter than I expected but still the same answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post

The bet itself i like (even as an Armagh man!). Only warning for folks using for Cheltenham rollups who dont follow GAA - the league doesnt finish until late March so this part of the bet most likely wont be settled until after Cheltenham. So may not be ideal for a Chelt rollup if your horse wins as this could still go the wrong way. Personally on the rollups i want the previous legs settled going into the festival.
                            Ya I should have mentioned this. Thanks KingSprinterSacre
                            League does not end until the 26th of March

Comment

• Originally posted by BookieBasher View Post
                              Marcus Rashford to score anytime vs Man City this weekend at 9/2 (365) is something I’ll be looking to utilise for a few Cheltenham fancies

….nice one.

Comment

• Again worth going for Rashford to score and united win 12/5 tonight if anyone looking for rolling up

Comment

Working...
                                X