Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Which race are you most looking forward to at Cheltenham 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which race are you most looking forward to at Cheltenham 2021

It's only June, and Royal Ascot is just around the corner but ......

Which race are you most looking forward to at Cheltenham 2021...

Vote at the top of the page

Feel free to elaborate on why...
    Supreme - The start, the Roar?
    20.34%
    Arkle - A new superstar?
    11.86%
    Champion Hurdle - Can Epatante fend off Goshen and Abacadabras?
    5.08%
    RSA - A deep renewal with last years Albert Bartlett and Ballymore form colliding?
    25.42%
    Champion Chase - Will we get the clash we nearly got this year?
    1.69%
    Marsh Novice Chase - The most likely destination for Envoi Allen perhaps?
    11.86%
    Ryanair - If you pick this, I might ban you.
    0.00%
    Stayers Hurdle - Can Paisley Park regain the crown he lost?
    0.00%
    Mares Chase - New race? Does it get your pulse racing?
    1.69%
    Gold Cup - Al Boum Photo's bid for a 3rd Gold Cup?
    22.03%
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 11 June 2020, 02:43 PM.

A crude answer, because we know very little about the make up of the race yet, but the Supreme is the one that gets it all going, and generally can give you a feel of confidence or the opposite about the week ahead.

I know on here look to get off to a flyer. Some, more selective, wouldn't necessarily view it as a big race in the grand scheme of the whole festival.

In terms of current markets available where we know about the runners, I'm intrigued to see how the Ryanair/Gold Cup will take shape. As is always the case, the Gold Cup looks absolutely littered with potential winners in waiting, and you have the two time winner of the race to contend with. After that you get the fall out to the Ryanair, though that already looks as though it could be a decent race in its own right.

Comment

RSA in to an early lead

Comment

For me I think it's got to be the Gold Cup in 2021. So often the race fails to live up to its expectations and in my opinion we haven't had a classic for a few years now (I dont think that's pocket talking either).

So to set this one up we will hopefully see a hard fought race between:

# Al Boum Photo - going for the hatrick and possibly one of the most underrated double winners. If he can land a third then surely he will become one of the greats?
        # Santini - maybe a shade unlucky near the death in 2020. Nico certainly looked displeased, so can he train on and go one better.
        # Champ - with connections and back story, surely destined to win. Trainer and jockey have the CV for it, if Henrietta Knight can improve Champs jumping. JP, Nicky, Geraghty and the McCoys would bring the house down, especially if Champ finishes like a train up the hill for a second year running.
        # Topofthegame - sadly missed last season through injury but an exciting Nicholls galloping* chaser in the image of Denman and we know what he achieved.
        # A host of potential others to take pride of place or make up the numbers, including Lostinstranslation, Samcro, Melon, Vinndication, Minella Indo, Aalaho, Delta Work.
        # And what if Envoi Allen proves to be so good that connections attempt to emulate Coneygree.

Let's hope all of the major players get there safe and sound. I can't wait, it has all the makings of a potential classic.

Comment

Yes, the Gold Cup for me too. The possibility of a three time Champion in one of the deepest looking Gold Cup's for a very long time.
          If Al Boum Photo can pull it off he has to be up there in the pantheon of greats.
          Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Yes the Gold Cup should always be right there in my opinion. Agree with all that NWho.

I've just come down on the Champion Hurdle myself. A divsion that has been pretty rubbish for ages but I'm really quite excited about where Goshen slots in (I'm certainly not in the camp that believes he's already a star) but I want to be wrong about him... and Abacadabras who I latched onto last season and have a sneaky feeling will justify the strong position he already holds in the market.

Add to that, I've committed myself to chairing the Saint Roi fan club, so that is exciting at this stage as he hasn't flopped yet

Some of the Willie Mullins horses that didn't make it this year could usurp Sharjah as the stables best hope, and that'd put any of his right in the mixer too! Saldier? Klassical Dream?

Then there is always the chance that I am wrong and Shishkin and Envoi Allen don't go novice chasing, and while that'd be a blow in terms of punting, it'd enhance this division no end.... and of course there will be some horses that go novice chasing that revert back too.

I want the 2 mile hurdle division to be exciting again, so I suppose my vote has a big dollop of 'hope' ... but if we can't hope during the summer, when can we?

Comment

Most looking forward to the continued climb of Honeysuckle up the ladder of greatness. Therefore it's an unbeaten run to the Mares Chase for me to see her put her name down as a serious contender for the following years Gold Cup.

Comment

I am a real sucker for the Coral Cup but as not listed the Arkle will do for me. CG, Pic D'ohry and the mighty Shiskin all most likely to run here.

Comment

Envoi Allen is the best horse in training imo and I can't wait to see him line up in the Marsh. If he does I'll go to the track just to watch him. Might even leave before the Pertemps.

Comment

Roar of the crowd for me on the 1st day.Then you now we are finally here

Comment

Was between the 3 with the most votes but had to go for the gold cup.

Such a spectacle, the Championship race to pretty much bring down the curtains on the festival.

And next years renewal potentially looks even hotter than this years, can’t wait!

Comment

Have to vote Champion Chase as it’s the race ai have a big financial interest, but purely as a spectacle I’d say the Gold Cup looks very exciting right now...

Comment

....Arkle for me too, so much quality, so much potential, so much to prove in the transition to a fence.
                          Last edited by Eggs; 11 June 2020, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                            ....Arkle for me too, so much quality, so much potential yet so much to prove in the transition to a fence.
                            Yes I will go with Arkle.

Comment

I'm amazed the RSA is proving most popular at this stage.

Comment

Working...
                              X