Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Horses to avoid for the 2021 Cheltenham festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Didn't win the Fat Jockey tipping comps did he... #overrated

Also meant to quote this. To put in context.
    Apologies
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      To be fair I was being tongue in cheek. I was trying to find something else, but noticed this quote from this thread near the start. When i was just starting out with the daily bets. Kevoaf replied that I was over rated. And was your response to that.
      No offense meant. at all. So apologies if it came across in that manner.
      I don’t follow your daily tips unfortunately as I don’t really have the time; I’m sure you’re doing well though to bring this up
      But I’d be pretty sure you don’t put up a selection in every race on the day, which is part of the point I was making.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
        I don’t follow your daily tips unfortunately as I don’t really have the time; I’m sure you’re doing well though to bring this up
        But I’d be pretty sure you don’t put up a selection in every race on the day, which is part of the point I was making.
        I doubt anybody could make money backing every race on a day

Comment

That's a fair point. I dont put up every race. I try not to do more than 1.

On a slightly related note. I could do put up every race and It wouldn't actually take me longer. But I worry about how many points that would be. And at a strong 1pt that would be a lot of turnover for the avg person.

I do write out every race personally as if I'm putting up every race. However i then go over it numerous times to dwindle it down to what I believe the best single bet is.

From my own records if I did every race, profit may be a little higher. However turnover would be alot higher and roi would be down.

I personally believe to make the most, you need to have a strong 1pt. To be very selective and spending the time to dwindle it down to the 1 bet. And not discard the winner. Is what's the money maker imo.

Comment

I doubt anybody could make money backing every race on a day
            And that was my point regarding the competitions where you have to make a selection in each race regardless of having a strong opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              That's a fair point. I dont put up every race. I try not to do more than 1.

On a slightly related note. I could do put up every race and It wouldn't actually take me longer. But I worry about how many points that would be. And at a strong 1pt that would be a lot of turnover for the avg person.

I do write out every race personally as if I'm putting up every race. However i then go over it numerous times to dwindle it down to what I believe the best single bet is.

From my own records if I did every race, profit may be a little higher. However turnover would be alot higher and roi would be down.

I personally believe to make the most, you need to have a strong 1pt. To be very selective and spending the time to dwindle it down to the 1 bet. And not discard the winner. Is what's the money maker imo.
              The successful subscription services that I’ve heard about are all quality over quantity in order to show the best returns and maintain/grow the customer base.

Comment

And that was my point regarding the competitions where you have to make a selection in each race regardless of having a strong opinion.
                Absolutely.

For clarity, I was not being serious in saying winning the FJ tipping comp makes you a good tipster, or profitable. It was a joke, aimed to hurt Scoobys feelings.

Comment

Absolutely.

For clarity, I was not being serious in saying winning the FJ tipping comp makes you a good tipster, or profitable. It was a joke, aimed to hurt Scoobys feelings.
                  I was aware of that

Comment

Absolutely.

This is absolutely, unequivocally, total bollocks

Comment

Originally posted by aalowe9 View Post
                      This is absolutely, unequivocally, total bollocks
                      Sorry, you are unequivocally the best tipster on this forum.

Comment

Should be his new title to apologise.

"unequivocally the best tipster on this forum"

Comment

On any forum really
                          Last edited by SharpHat; 19 September 2020, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Out of interest, who did win the FJ tipping competition? And what was the profit?

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                              Out of interest, who did win the FJ tipping competition? And what was the profit?
                              I hope this is a joke. Can't speak about profit it was a points based system that Ryan (I think?) Ran

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                                As aalowe said Lobos, we did it in a a points based system. I'll try and dig up the top 5 later when I'm back at home.

Expect you to be joining in this year...

Comment

Working...
                                X