Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still some hope then re the O'leary comments. Couldn't belive how many Yankees I had fury road in!! But Gordy did sound convincing he wasn't gunna go!

Comment

• Be stupid if he didn’t come across seeing back to 3 miles he deserves another crack after his run in the AB.

They sent Battleoverdoyan last year when not expecting to after he had a fall so surely reading that Fury has a good chance of coming if the owners decide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Bucks View Post
        Still some hope then re the O'leary comments. Couldn't belive how many Yankees I had fury road in!! But Gordy did sound convincing he wasn't gunna go!
        Did you hear him say this in the post race interview? Interested to have an idea of what he said and how he said it

Comment

• Cashed out Fury Road yesterday with B365 @ 20/1 now added with Lads @ 22/1 (boosted) NRMB 1pt ew

Comment

• Originally posted by Pendil View Post
            Cashed out Fury Road yesterday with B365 @ 20/1 now added with Lads @ 22/1 (boosted) NRMB 1pt ew
            Done the same myself. What a game

Comment

• BACARDYS

Paddy Power Stayers' Hurdle

I just wonder if it is a shade too short for him, but there isn’t another race for him, but we would be delighted if he can be placed again.”

Yeah, upyaboya Willie, I agree, at 80/1

Comment

• Still holding a ticket on Thomas Darby for this. Can still cash out but sure read somewhere he was going to Aintree. Anyone know anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by Penzance View Post
                  Still holding a ticket on Thomas Darby for this. Can still cash out but sure read somewhere he was going to Aintree. Anyone know anything?
                  Has an entry fro the Coral Cup and OM has said that is the likely aim, unless the Stayers majorly cuts up.

Comment

• Originally posted by RufusFlynn View Post

Has an entry fro the Coral Cup and OM has said that is the likely aim, unless the Stayers majorly cuts up.
                    I thought they were holding on for Aintree ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

I can't mind on where i read it now, will try and find the quote but said along the lines of... They have plenty younger horses for Aintree and the owner also won the race in 2016 with Diamond King so would like another crack at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

From the Sporting Life:

"Trainer Olly Murphy has revealed that Thomas Darby is being aimed at the Coral Cup Handicap Hurdle, one of the nine handicaps at the Festival supporting WellChild, for which a total of 676 entries are listed below.

Thomas Darby went close to Festival glory in 2019 when runner-up in the Sky Bet Supreme Novices’ Hurdle and after reverting to hurdling landed the Grade Three Holloway’s Hurdle at Ascot in January 2020 under top-weight. The eight-year-old posted a good effort on his most recent start when third in the rearranged Grade Two Dornan Engineering Relkeel Hurdle at Kempton Park on January 9.

Worcestershire-based Murphy, who is still seeking a first Festival winner, said: “The plan is to go for the Coral Cup with Thomas Darby unless the Stayers’ Hurdle really cuts up and a few things happen. He is in good order but we decided to bypass the Rendlesham at Haydock at the weekend. A strongly run 2m 5f will really suit him and that’s where he will go. He would be one of my main ones for the meeting.

“His owner, Grahame Whateley, is quite keen to run him in the Coral Cup as he has won the race before (with Diamond King, 2016). We were going to wait for Aintree but we’ve not got many horses for Cheltenham as we have a lot of young horses so we have decided to take Thomas Darby.

“He ran a good race stepped up to three miles in the Cleeve behind McFabulous and though this is slightly down in trip it should be fine for him as it will be run at a good pace.""

Comment

From the Sporting Life:

"Trainer Olly Murphy has revealed that Thomas Darby is being aimed at the Coral Cup Handicap Hurdle, one of the nine handicaps at the Festival supporting WellChild, for which a total of 676 entries are listed below.

Thomas Darby went close to Festival glory in 2019 when runner-up in the Sky Bet Supreme Novices’ Hurdle and after reverting to hurdling landed the Grade Three Holloway’s Hurdle at Ascot in January 2020 under top-weight. The eight-year-old posted a good effort on his most recent start when third in the rearranged Grade Two Dornan Engineering Relkeel Hurdle at Kempton Park on January 9.

Worcestershire-based Murphy, who is still seeking a first Festival winner, said: “The plan is to go for the Coral Cup with Thomas Darby unless the Stayers’ Hurdle really cuts up and a few things happen. He is in good order but we decided to bypass the Rendlesham at Haydock at the weekend. A strongly run 2m 5f will really suit him and that’s where he will go. He would be one of my main ones for the meeting.

“His owner, Grahame Whateley, is quite keen to run him in the Coral Cup as he has won the race before (with Diamond King, 2016). We were going to wait for Aintree but we’ve not got many horses for Cheltenham as we have a lot of young horses so we have decided to take Thomas Darby.

“He ran a good race stepped up to three miles in the Cleeve behind McFabulous and though this is slightly down in trip it should be fine for him as it will be run at a good pace.""
                          OK thanks RF.
                          I think the original 'we'll target Aintree' comment came after his (I thought promising) run in the rearranged Relkeel...

Comment

From the Sporting Life:

I think I made a massive case and backed him for the Coral Cup last year and he bloomin' skipped it!

Comment

• I can't see 21f suiting if I'm honest, it'll be a true run race for sure but I can't help thinking the 3m option would have been perfect for the horse...

Comment

• I did as well Kev, i was convinced he was going there. He would be top weight off his 155 so would carry the 11 st 12 unless he got a claimer on board.

Comment

Working...
                                X