Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Gold Cup 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santini moved out to 12s with Paddy, Skybet & Betfair. Nice over reaction from them in my eyes, Santini ran exactly as you would expect, had 2pts on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Native River View Post
      Santini moved out to 12s with Paddy, Skybet & Betfair. Nice over reaction from them in my eyes, Santini ran exactly as you would expect, had 2pts on it.
      What was he, 9s?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

What was he, 9s?
        7s and 8s at most places I believe

Comment

• Assume something will take Frodon on at Cheltenham.....if not, who knows

Strange day.....but that was fab to watch....some of those jumps were what sport is all about
          Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

7s and 8s at most places I believe
            Nice, can see why you'd take the price.

On the cusp for me..... will sleep on it.

Comment

Santini moved out to 12s with Paddy, Skybet & Betfair. Nice over reaction from them in my eyes, Santini ran exactly as you would expect, had 2pts on it.
              Don't do it !

Comment

• I will probably get some stick for this but I really do think Frodon put himself into the Gold Cup picture today.

he was admittedly given an easy and uncontested lead but he was able to get into his rhythm and jumped superbly. If he was able to do the same in the Gold cup - which I think he might, then I think he could be a serious player. We know he stays as he ran there in October over essentially the Gold Cup distance.

I’d rather have a Frodon slip than a Santini slip right now. But that’s just me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topofthegame2021 View Post
                  I will probably get some stick for this but I really do think Frodon put himself into the Gold Cup picture today.

he was admittedly given an easy and uncontested lead but he was able to get into his rhythm and jumped superbly. If he was able to do the same in the Gold cup - which I think he might, then I think he could be a serious player. We know he stays as he ran there in October over essentially the Gold Cup distance.

I’d rather have a Frodon slip than a Santini slip right now. But that’s just me.
                  I have backed Frodon for the GC for the last 2 GCs and would love him and Briony to win it but they won't because they will end up yet again in the Ryannair...

In reality Frodon should probably be favourite now for the Ryannair. Past winner in excellent form, great record at Cheltenham and the ITV Racing team will be praying for them to make it another Super Thursday with Paisley Park. It's written in the stars already, so please don't waste your money backing Frodon for the Gold Cup, like I have for the 3rd year in a row.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nortons who View Post

I have backed Frodon for the GC for the last 2 GCs and would love him and Briony to win it but they won't because they will end up yet again in the Ryannair...

In reality Frodon should probably be favourite now for the Ryannair. Past winner in excellent form, great record at Cheltenham and the ITV Racing team will be praying for them to make it another Super Thursday with Paisley Park. It's written in the stars already, so please don't waste your money backing Frodon for the Gold Cup, like I have for the 3rd year in a row.
                    I get your point - I think this year is slightly different. He has just won a King George & Nicholls doesn’t exactly have anything better for the GC. I see your point but I politely disagree.

I had actually already backed Frodon for the GC anyway - I pulled the trigger after the Cheltenham handicap win

Comment

I get your point - I think this year is slightly different. He has just won a King George & Nicholls doesn’t exactly have anything better for the GC. I see your point but I politely disagree.

I had actually already backed Frodon for the GC anyway - I pulled the trigger after the Cheltenham handicap win
                      TOTG - Me too. Frodon and Briony would be amazing winners but I still don't think they will end up there. I sincerely hope I'm wrong but I feel it in my water (not that I have drunk much of that over the past couple of days) that the Ryannair once again beckons..if nothing more than PN will persuade the owners they stand a better chance of winning that against Min and Imperial Aura than Minella Indo and Al Boum Photo in the GC.
                      Last edited by Nortons who; 26 December 2020, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nortons who View Post

TOTG - Me too. Frodon and Briony would be amazing winners but I still don't think they will end up there. I sincerely hope I'm wrong but I feel it in my water (not that I have drunk much of that over the past couple of days) that the Ryannair once again beckons..if nothing more than PG will persuade the owners they stand a better chance of winning that against Min and Imperial Aura than Minella Indo and Al Boum Photo in the GC.
                        You could well be right! Let’s be keeping our fingers crossed for now. I’m sure Nicholls will talk about it in the coming days.

P.S You don’t need any water pal - crack on with the Beer & Spirits

Comment

I will probably get some stick for this but I really do think Frodon put himself into the Gold Cup picture today.

No No No ! Watch it vs the Kauto novice slower on the front end then quickened to suit,long story short Byrony rode it well but the rest have questions to what their race play was.
                          Last edited by Outlaw; 26 December 2020, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• I understand why many writing Frodon off

But if you look at best RPRs run ....

ABP 178
                            Frodon 177
                            Santini 173
                            Percy 172
                            MI 170
                            Champ 169

Some of above will improve, but not many horses can run 175+

Frodon loves Chelt and is prob best jumper in field

Obvious downside is can only run one way.....but something has to take him on.....and nothing with Min speed in GC

Will he stay? Has shown form suggesting he could well do.....but like many only know when he tries.....but looked pretty full of himself at end today

My last point is more as a fan.....ask yourself if he still leads at bottom of hill in March.....won’t you want to be cheering him on for all you are worth?

Luckily backed him for KG at 28s thanks to a friend talking me into it after chatting how race might be run.....and so have added bit more for GC

Understand many won’t, but are worse bets at prices for me
                            Last edited by TigerRolllllll; 26 December 2020, 10:32 PM.
                            Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

• I find it really easy to dismiss Frodon for the Gold Cup.

When I went through the King George, I essentially thought Frodon would not be able to hold on... over 3m, at Kempton, everything had gone right and he has. Very similar to his Ryanair win.

3m2f, he won't stay strongly enough for me.

I feel like I've seen enough Gold Cup's now to not back thorough stayers...and Frodon isn't that.

Fair play today, fair play to anyone backing him, fair play to anyone on at big prices....but for me he still isn't even a consideration for a Gold Cup. (Apart from if he was like 100/1, then obviously I'd back him)...

Comment

• Lovely after timing but I got so much stick back in October about recomending Frodon @ 33/1 for the Gold Cup that I didn't say anything about Frodon @ 25/1 and pushed out to 33/1 for the King George. Nor about the the 300/1 double to win the Gold Cup

Comment

Working...
                                X