Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buveur D'air will beat Epatante at Christmas and blow this race apart

Comment

If Goshen has a great season on the flat will we see him over hurdles again?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Buveur D'air will beat Epatante at Christmas and blow this race apart
        Not impossible as funny as it seems.
        If it was NRNB I'd likely be backing him EW.

I assume he's going chasing but I'll back elixir d'ainay for this as soon as he was declared for a trial, if he stayed over hurdles. I think he's on the incline.

Saldier to come back into it possibly too. I wouldn't be mad keen, but he's a price.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by somer1 View Post
          Certainly. But I don't understand his price for this personally.
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by somer1 View Post
            See Sea Pigeon

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              Certainly. But I don't understand his price for this personally.
              Agree. He's a desperate price but I sort of get the reason. Won't be backing him though.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Not impossible as funny as it seems.
                If it was NRNB I'd likely be backing him EW.

I assume he's going chasing but I'll back elixir d'ainay for this as soon as he was declared for a trial, if he stayed over hurdles. I think he's on the incline.

Saldier to come back into it possibly too. I wouldn't be mad keen, but he's a price.
                I'd be amazed if BD was good enough to win again but I've been amazed plenty of times. Done ED TWAR as not a clue where they will go with him. Feel sure he would have been placed in the Supreme along with The Captain but doubt they'd have beat the first 2. Fascinating stuff though. Saldier would have been a big winner for me this year but would need to see him more times first.
                Last edited by Lobos; 3 June 2020, 06:58 PM.

Comment

rewatched the Champion Hurdle last night. Eptante was so impressive and even with Abra will be hard to beat this year. I can't help but think that if Buveur D'air was in the race he would have finished second and at 25/1 he is cracking EW bet despite being 10 next year. I haven't backed him myself yet but has anyone heard of his wellbeing - presumably he will be back next year?

The dual Champion Hurdle hero got a piece of wood embedded in his hoof when he suffered a shock defeat in the Fighting Fifth at Newcastle

he seemed to be making good progress but it was a nasty injury so wanting to see if anyone has heard anything since then on his wellbeing?

Comment

Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
                    rewatched the Champion Hurdle last night. Eptante was so impressive and even with Abra will be hard to beat this year. I can't help but think that if Buveur D'air was in the race he would have finished second and at 25/1 he is cracking EW bet despite being 10 next year. I haven't backed him myself yet but has anyone heard of his wellbeing - presumably he will be back next year?

The dual Champion Hurdle hero got a piece of wood embedded in his hoof when he suffered a shock defeat in the Fighting Fifth at Newcastle

he seemed to be making good progress but it was a nasty injury so wanting to see if anyone has heard anything since then on his wellbeing?
                    Not heard anything but he wouldn't be for me. Couldn't have him for last year's race so being a year older and after that horrific injury I couldn't touch him. Wouldn't be surprised if he were retired but nothing to back that up. Epatante was hugely impressive in the way she travelled and jumped and picked them up and simply left them for dead. I was seriously impressed. With the ludicrous 7lbs allowance again she will be very hard to dethrone. Saint Roi would be one that could step up and maybe Concertista with the girls allowance might put it up to Epatante but she is the one everyone has to beat. I would say though, if Shiskin doesn't like the big obstacles then he would have a massive chance in the Churdle.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                      Not heard anything but he wouldn't be for me. Couldn't have him for last year's race so being a year older and after that horrific injury I couldn't touch him. Wouldn't be surprised if he were retired but nothing to back that up. Epatante was hugely impressive in the way she travelled and jumped and picked them up and simply left them for dead. I was seriously impressed. With the ludicrous 7lbs allowance again she will be very hard to dethrone. Saint Roi would be one that could step up and maybe Concertista with the girls allowance might put it up to Epatante but she is the one everyone has to beat. I would say though, if Shiskin doesn't like the big obstacles then he would have a massive chance in the Churdle.
                      Yes, that is the nagging doubt in my mind - he owes connections nothing, so I wouldn't be overly surprised if they did retire him especially with Eptante and Saint Roi giving them 2 other strong options in the race. Concertista is definitely interesting. I would like to see her jump a fence next season.

Comment

I do like Buveur D'air, upon news of him being back in training I'd take a good look at him and the shape of the market.

Realistically, his win chance must be pretty slim now though so not one I'll get too excited about until I am forced to.

Comment

What price a JP 1-2-3 with Epatante, Saint Roi, and Buveur D'air?

I wonder what price Sky would give for an unnamed JP 1-2-3? I tend not to put my head above the parapet for these but if anyone fancies requesting it I might just avail.
                          Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                            What price a JP 1-2-3 with Epatante, Saint Roi, and Buveur D'air?

I wonder what price Sky would give for an unnamed JP 1-2-3? I tend not to put my head above the parapet for these but if anyone fancies requesting it I might just avail.
                            Be shocked if they priced that up in the punters favour.

You'd want/need a big old price considering they're two 25/1 shots as well in there.

Might catch them off guard this early though, before Saint Roi comes out from under the radar

If anyone does request it, I wouldn't put the horses in it, I'd just ask for a JP 1-2-3, or a JP owned 1-2
                            Last edited by Kevloaf; 11 June 2020, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Yes exactly that Kev. Unnamed horses.

I like Saint Roi too by the way. I saw he's already been discussed quite heavily though, so I've nothing more to add.
                              Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                                Yes exactly that Kev. Unnamed horses.

I like Saint Roi too by the way. I saw he's already been discussed quite heavily though, so I've nothing more to add.
                                I'm looking forward to the mob that can't wait to rub it in if I've gotten him wrong

I hope the Willie factor (going for graded races) negates the JP plot factor and they don't arse about trying to get his mark down for a repeat County Hurdle bid .

He's better than just a handicapper to my eye... but I have been wrong before. At least once. Max twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X