Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is really really special. Goosebumps.

Comment

• Not ashamed to admit I shed a tear there!

Comment

• Some horse and some jockey, lovely stuff.

Comment

• Lobos take a bow son - 20/1!!! I love it

This is so good. And Goshen isn't good enough which was predicted. Love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nathaniel99999 View Post
            I'll do it by predicted commentary :

'And there coming up the hill and Goshen is being driven along and Honeysuckle still leads the field, on the bend they go and its Honeysuckle infront of Epatante and Sharjah is coming up from behind. Honeysuckle is still leading, they jump the final hurdle and Honeysuckle is drawing clear of Epatante, heres Sharjah on the outside!! Honeysuckle on the inside and Honeysuckle this brilliant mare wins the champion hurdle and stays unbeaten!!'
            Not too bad
            The owls are not what they seem

Comment

• That was unbelievable. What a mare, and what a jockey is Rachael. Not see a better judge of pace riding

Comment

• What a mare!!! What a mare!!!

Well done to the horse and jockey, great ride

Comment

• Lobos well done pal!!

great horse. Great ride

Comment

• Tears of joy ......what a day
                    Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

• Lobos take a bow

Hills delaying paying out haha

Comment

• Commiserations to the Moore family with their talented but difficult charge. Hopefully they will have their day in the sun one day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Supermaster View Post
                          Commiserations to the Moore family with their talented but difficult charge. Hopefully they will have their day in the sun one day.
                          They should run him over fences. Clearly doesn’t like big fields/horses around or in front of him. Aren’t the CC field sizes usually much smaller than the CH? Can usually count on one hand the runners in the Tingle Creek, Clarence House, Schloer, Desert Orchid etc

Comment

• I've watched the race 4 times now

What a ride from Rachael, it was as good as a Ruby Walsh ride. Yeah, Honeysuckle was the best in the race, but Rachael still had to ride a good race.
                            Aspire kept tabs on Goshen, allowing Rachael to sit in front of the dangers from behind (Aba, Epatante, Sharjah). As soon as Goshen went crazy down the back straight, Honeysuckle is in front of the main dangers (I'm sure Rachael wasnt bothered by Aspire and Silver Streak). Also loved how she helped box in Sharjah and Eptante, whislt ensuring Honeysuckle had a free lane up the hill

Nice tactics with Aspire, just to keep it busy up front

Re: Goshen... goshen... goshen. I do feel for connections, he should have won that Triumph. I'm sure I've said this plenty of times before, that was his only opportunity to win at the festival. I've never liked the way they rode Goshen through his novice career, its was always a case of beat the field 6 out, and then idle towards the line. The horse never really got battled hardened, and it doesnt surprise me that he's 'done a crazy' again today
                            He's like that talents kid who just doesnt give a fuck, when times goes his way, he's good but as soon as you ask him to do something... na!

A bit pissed off with myself, mentioned in here 2-3 weeks back how I though Sharjah would finish second, coming off the pace. I got tied into the race, and ensuring I won on my may selections.
                            One to document and learn from next year, if I like a W/O, place bet then put the bet on!

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post

They should run him over fences. Clearly doesn’t like big fields/horses around or in front of him. Aren’t the CC field sizes usually much smaller than the CH? Can usually count on one hand the runners in the Tingle Creek, Clarence House, Schloer, Desert Orchid etc
                              I think you could well be right. Despite the infamous fall his jumping is pretty ok. Maybe the extra effort of jumping fences will calm him down.

Comment

• Originally posted by opatcho View Post
                                I've watched the race 4 times now

What a ride from Rachael, it was as good as a Ruby Walsh ride. Yeah, Honeysuckle was the best in the race, but Rachael still had to ride a good race.
                                Aspire kept tabs on Goshen, allowing Rachael to sit in front of the dangers from behind (Aba, Epatante, Sharjah). As soon as Goshen went crazy down the back straight, Honeysuckle is in front of the main dangers (I'm sure Rachael wasnt bothered by Aspire and Silver Streak). Also loved how she helped box in Sharjah and Eptante, whislt ensuring Honeysuckle had a free lane up the hill

Nice tactics with Aspire, just to keep it busy up front

Re: Goshen... goshen... goshen. I do feel for connections, he should have won that Triumph. I'm sure I've said this plenty of times before, that was his only opportunity to win at the festival. I've never liked the way they rode Goshen through his novice career, its was always a case of beat the field 6 out, and then idle towards the line. The horse never really got battled hardened, and it doesnt surprise me that he's 'done a crazy' again today
                                He's like that talents kid who just doesnt give a fuck, when times goes his way, he's good but as soon as you ask him to do something... na!

A bit pissed off with myself, mentioned in here 2-3 weeks back how I though Sharjah would finish second, coming off the pace. I got tied into the race, and ensuring I won on my may selections.
                                One to document and learn from next year, if I like a W/O, place bet then put the bet on!
                                Yes like Ruby Rachael made it look easy when it was far from easy. She was in the right place from the off and got her to jump well throughout. The surge on the final bend reminded me of Rooster Booster's win though RB wasn't as good a horse imho.

Comment

Working...
                                X