Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Related Doubles (ideas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Fakiera and Indigo Breeze 764/1

Same owner for Gordon ..... stable tour says:

Fakiera
    National Hunt Chase, 33-1 / Kim Muir
    The National Hunt Chase is a possibility for him, or else the Kim Muir. We'll decide nearer the time. He was disappointing in the Thyestes but is better judged on his run in the Porterstown at Fairyhouse.​

So we could assume (and this is a leap) that perhaps they get split with same jockey in each race?

Wild, but the extreme distance is Fakiera's best form?and Indigo Breeze is just a solid chance.
    Dunboyne sounded like his no1 Kim Muir horse, on those Stable Tour notes.

Edit:
    (Just noted that this is the 'related doubles' thread - Dunboyne not related by owner, but the context of Dunboyne getting the preferred quote remains )
    Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 20 February 2023, 08:01 AM.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedy17 View Post
      Aucunrisque (Grand Annual) & Filey Bay (County Hurdle)... Betfair hurdle related double, best priced 120/1.
      Just in case you don't know , Aucunrisque has got a dose of Colic at the moment ., Not sure of any time lines .

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post

Just in case you don't know , Aucunrisque has got a dose of Colic at the moment ., Not sure of any time lines .
        Must be extremely doubtful then. Cheers BC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post

Must be extremely doubtful then. Cheers BC.
          I wouldn't have said so lobos. I'm no vet but chris gordon was on racing posts what a shout on friday just gone.
          He seemed positive on him. aucunrisque had to have drugs to medicate the colic, he had another who had a bit of colic but no drugs needed that was still declared for the weekend just gone, not sure which horse without watching it back.
          He also said aucunrisque would have an entry for the county and grand annual.

I think he was a little pissed off the handicapper raised him 2lbs on his chase mark last tuesday too, and the county becomes as likely off the same mark i think.

Comment

• Dunno if it belongs here or its own thread, but been thinking about trying to chain some trainer bets together?

Last 9 fests Willie averages 6.5 winners per fest, so was thinking about trying to stack up his likely runners and getting the cross 5 and 6 folds on them.

But remembering Venetia last year, I saw some stats from Matt Tombs that got me thinking

Paul Nolan has had 3 winners and 8 places from 38 runners, (32% profit backed each-way,) and is very selective about what he brings over.
            His form at the last 5 Festivals is 2P23062134P.

​If Paul Nolan’s record is good from a selective policy of what he runs at the Festival, then Colm Murphy’s is brilliant.
            He’s 4/23 – 12pt (53%) profit, with 9 of his losers placed.

Ben Pauling’s horses have been in great form this season following a switch of yards and he’s 3/39 – 20pt (51%) profit, at the Festival so far.
            Only 2 of his runners have gone off shorter than 10.zero, (shortest price winner was 15.0,).

Got me wondering if there was any interest in trying to string together a couple of smaller trainer EW doubles or trebles?

Comment

• Originally posted by robith View Post
              Dunno if it belongs here or its own thread, but been thinking about trying to chain some trainer bets together?

Last 9 fests Willie averages 6.5 winners per fest, so was thinking about trying to stack up his likely runners and getting the cross 5 and 6 folds on them.

But remembering Venetia last year, I saw some stats from Matt Tombs that got me thinking

Paul Nolan has had 3 winners and 8 places from 38 runners, (32% profit backed each-way,) and is very selective about what he brings over.
              His form at the last 5 Festivals is 2P23062134P.

​If Paul Nolan’s record is good from a selective policy of what he runs at the Festival, then Colm Murphy’s is brilliant.
              He’s 4/23 – 12pt (53%) profit, with 9 of his losers placed.

Ben Pauling’s horses have been in great form this season following a switch of yards and he’s 3/39 – 20pt (51%) profit, at the Festival so far.
              Only 2 of his runners have gone off shorter than 10.zero, (shortest price winner was 15.0,).

Got me wondering if there was any interest in trying to string together a couple of smaller trainer EW doubles or trebles?
              Not too dissimilar to this, is the strategy of grouping together the runners of all the irish trainers who are only coming over with one runner, or one serious runner from two entries for example. You have to cut out some chaff, like the multiple hunters chase entries that will be the sole entry for an irish trainer, but its a decent angle.

it was a bit easier during covid times though as there were less "social runners" as there was no social fun to be had, so you knew all such runners were thought to have a chance, might be a bit tougher this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by riccirich View Post

Not too dissimilar to this, is the strategy of grouping together the runners of all the irish trainers who are only coming over with one runner, or one serious runner from two entries for example. You have to cut out some chaff, like the multiple hunters chase entries that will be the sole entry for an irish trainer, but its a decent angle.

it was a bit easier during covid times though as there were less "social runners" as there was no social fun to be had, so you knew all such runners were thought to have a chance, might be a bit tougher this year.
                Yeah, also a good angle.

I kind of fancied one for Gordon Elliott that's owned by a syndicate but then that put me off with the number of runs. Total speculation but if they're just happy for the day out, he might not be plotted like I thought.

Not going to make a huge difference to whether I backed or not, but it did put me off last night.

Can't remember the horse, was in the stable tour though

Comment

• Charles Byrnes has two favourites on the Thursday at the festival as of right now.

Shoot First and Blazing Khal.

From what I can see, his only other likely runner is Byker in the Fred Winter? (Happy to be corrected, could easily have missed)

167/1 NRNBOG
                  EW Trixie

Wouldn't be surprised if was available at a bit bigger at some point.... but they're such cramped odds there is no way at all I'll be backing Shoot First in a single at 4/1

Comment

• Not sure if Plumpton still do the bonus of winning there and the festival?
                    If so might be worth checking if we have any that qualify?
                    Might get a tasty bet out of it

Forget that, just checked.
                    Not doing the bonus this season.
                    Last edited by Carnage at Taunton; 21 February 2023, 06:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AaronLad View Post

I wouldn't have said so lobos. I'm no vet but chris gordon was on racing posts what a shout on friday just gone.
                      He seemed positive on him. aucunrisque had to have drugs to medicate the colic, he had another who had a bit of colic but no drugs needed that was still declared for the weekend just gone, not sure which horse without watching it back.
                      He also said aucunrisque would have an entry for the county and grand annual.

I think he was a little pissed off the handicapper raised him 2lbs on his chase mark last tuesday too, and the county becomes as likely off the same mark i think.
                      Yeah , he said he had a bad batch of hay and a few of his horses had it , .
                      I don't know how that work's ... can they still race or not , like is it Contagious ????. Any vets here.

Comment

I don't know how that work's ... can they still race or not , like is it Contagious ????. Any vets here.
                        It’s not contagious, colic is basically trapped wind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stormez View Post

It’s not contagious, colic is basically trapped wind.
                          Thank's Stormez ., Learn something every day .

Comment

Don't have to be a vet, just a parent

Comment

• ….I’ve done this one;

- Both been running in Chases this season.
                              - Both returning to the Festival hurdle races they ran in last year.
                              - Both on a lower mark than when fancied last year.

Grand Roi (Coral Cup) 33-1 & West Cork (County Hurdle) 16-1.

NRNB/BOG guaranteed double is 577-1 with 365.
                              Last edited by Eggs; 21 February 2023, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                                ….I’ve done this one;

- Both been running in Chases this season.
                                - Both returning to the Festival hurdle races they ran in last year.
                                - Both on a lower mark than when fancied last year.

Grand Roi (Coral Cup) 33-1 & West Cork (County Hurdle) 16-1.

NRNB/BOG guaranteed double is 577-1 with 365.

….that didn’t last long, West Cork not entered.

Comment

Working...
                                X