Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Related Doubles (ideas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 77.75/1 (with WH) for Mullins Novice Chasers....

Monkfish (RSA)
    The Big Getaway (Marsh)

Most likely rides now for Paul Townend? Of course TBG could go RSA as well, or even NH Chase as him just lobbing around would be ideal IMO too, can't see an issue with the trip....

....but still, pretty big price?

Others today could be Melon / Al Boum Photo for the Ryanair and Gold Cup

or.... Allaho and A Plus Tard - that's 164/1 at the moment.

Comment

• 83/1
      Appreciate It (Supreme)
      Gaillard Du Mesnil (Ballymore)

These are the comments from Willie today......

“I was very impressed with him. The jump he put in at the second last showed how much he had in the tank,” said Mullins.

“He looks like a nice middle-distance horse and we’ll probably stay at that sort of trip with him.

“As he gets more racing I think he’ll settle better, he was a little keen with Paul. He wasn’t stopping at the end and was finishing out the race well.

“He’s a horse that will go up in grade easily enough, I think.

“I suppose we’ll look at the Dublin Racing Festival. It depends what we do with Appreciate It, as we’ll probably try to keep them apart.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        83/1
        Appreciate It (Supreme)
        Gaillard Du Mesnil (Ballymore)

These are the comments from Willie today......

“I was very impressed with him. The jump he put in at the second last showed how much he had in the tank,” said Mullins.

“He looks like a nice middle-distance horse and we’ll probably stay at that sort of trip with him.

“As he gets more racing I think he’ll settle better, he was a little keen with Paul. He wasn’t stopping at the end and was finishing out the race well.

“He’s a horse that will go up in grade easily enough, I think.

“I suppose we’ll look at the Dublin Racing Festival. It depends what we do with Appreciate It, as we’ll probably try to keep them apart.”

Interesting. Maybe Appreciate It Ballymore and GDM double as well ?

Comment

77.75/1 (with WH) for Mullins Novice Chasers....

Monkfish (RSA)
          The Big Getaway (Marsh)

Most likely rides now for Paul Townend? Of course TBG could go RSA as well, or even NH Chase as him just lobbing around would be ideal IMO too, can't see an issue with the trip....

....but still, pretty big price?

Others today could be Melon / Al Boum Photo for the Ryanair and Gold Cup

or.... Allaho and A Plus Tard - that's 164/1 at the moment.

I'll Deffo do the Monkfish RSA TBG Marsh double....like that.
          Agree TBG could easily go 4 miler. He'd win it as well. Think Mullins will want a good one to take on Envoi though and he is definitely it !

Comment

• Quite like same ownership multis, so I've doubled up Zanahiyr and Hollow Games before the latter runs tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ballyfitz View Post
              Been thinking about perming the first four in the Albert Bartlett for a while - and added today as two of them are running and will likely be cut should they win (definitely Fury Road anyway).

Added 4x0.25pt doubles - Monkfish 10/1 / Latest Exhibition 10/1 (RSA) with Thyme Hill 11/1 / Fury Road 20/1 (Stayers).

Done as separate bets to enable individual “lines” to be cashed out.
              Well this looks fantastic at the moment.

I knew a few people are on this, fantastic for everyone that is.... as the RSA part looks very, very solid.... and sets up the Stayers nicely!

Comment

• Anyone liking a long one.....Metier and Boothill in Supreme / Ballymore

Not guaranteed to be split, but I like a book of these with small stakes on
                Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerRolllllll View Post
                  Anyone liking a long one.....Metier and Boothill in Supreme / Ballymore

Not guaranteed to be split, but I like a book of these with small stakes on
                  Yes, if IRE stay home

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfish View Post

Yes, if IRE stay home
                    Can’t expect a shoe-in for nearly 300-1

This is my fav thread.....and done well last few years with small stakes on all sorts crazy scenarios

Would recommend to others exploring scenarios....eg: when Appreciate It was entered second time over 2m did him in doubles pre race with couple key Ballymore horses....obviously they don’t all work out well....but the Appr It / Bravemans double now looks awesome as do all those on Spuds race form

i get loads dead ones, but been well up. Was some of ideas Kev and others put up when I first joined forum that got me interested in these.....and I am now bit of a loony at trying odd ones tho

Comment

• Good Luck Tiggeroooolllll

Comment

• With the news the Donnolly's have bought French Aseel, I thought last night about the e/w double with Al Boum Photo...

Then got carried away today and had this Heinz:

EW Heinz @ 231748/1

Shishkin - Arkle
                        Gaillard Du Mesnil - Ballymore
                        The Big Getaway - Marsh
                        Melon - Ryanair
                        French Aseel - Triumph
                        Al Boum Photo - Gold Cup

A few others to consider, Asterion Forlonge, Heross Du Seuil over French Aseel, or Ramilles in the Bumper?

Comment

With the news the Donnolly's have bought French Aseel, I thought last night about the e/w double with Al Boum Photo...

Then got carried away today and had this Heinz:

EW Heinz @ 231748/1

Shishkin - Arkle
                          Gaillard Du Mesnil - Ballymore
                          The Big Getaway - Marsh
                          Melon - Ryanair
                          French Aseel - Triumph
                          Al Boum Photo - Gold Cup

A few others to consider, Asterion Forlonge, Heross Du Seuil over French Aseel, or Ramilles in the Bumper?
                          Yeah, I backed this: Shishkin 4/1 (Arkle), The Big Getaway 25/1 (RSA), Asterion Forlonge 25/1 (Marsh), Melon 12/1 (Ryanair) & Al Boum Photo 6/1 (Gold Cup), some time back, but may have to go in again, with the emergence of Gaillard Du Mesnil and now French Aseel being purchased

Comment

• I've had a very small play on the following double:

125/1 - Blue Lord Supreme (20/1) x Bob Olinger Ballymore (5/1)

With the option of cashout.

Comment

• Does anyone on here do perm bets for Cheltenham? I’m looking at paisley/thyme hill in a double with bravemans game/bob ollinger,just can’t see past these 4 horses to not take the stayers and the ballymore between them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Liverpoolchamp View Post
                                Does anyone on here do perm bets for Cheltenham? I’m looking at paisley/thyme hill in a double with bravemans game/bob ollinger,just can’t see past these 4 horses to not take the stayers and the ballymore between them.
                                Only where form link

i did the Albert Bartlett form few months back ....so Monkfish / Latest with Fury Rd / Thyme Hill...tho spread across diff accounts......looks one of my better ones now

Personally think both races u mention still more open than that......but would never put anyone off doubles....I love them

Comment

Working...
                                X