Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

May Forum Yankee for 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by archie View Post
    I'd have thought that Min should be part of this conversation.
    I don’t disagree, but right now (as in most years) the Ryanair looks the best race Of the week but we know half those quoted won’t go.
    And, in the back of my mind, if Chacun’s abcess had happened 2 days earlier Min would have been in the Champion Chase...

Comment

Originally posted by EnvoyAllen View Post
      Mr Kevloaf Sir, I really enjoy reading your thoughts and opinions on here - always sound knowledge, but I’m interested to learn of who (at this immediate stage, always a few who bolt up around Christmas time.....) these ‘very good horses’ are that Shishkin and Envoi Allen might come up against next season over the minimum and intermediate distance, and with a good degree of probability, the Arkle and Marsh Chases?

The Arkle tends to be a weak race and without writing horses names down here as I have the betting in front of me, the 2nd and 3rd faves are unlikely to run here which moves us on to Capt Guinness (an intriguing one) and then a list of horses that really don’t appeal as superstars in the making?

Similarly with the betting for the Marsh as it stands currently, below Envoi who tops it, at least half of those horses in the next 6 won’t even run here (Thyme Hill, Monkfish 2 reasonably good examples...) and if Easywork and the Big Getaway couldn’t give him anything to worry about in a Ballymore (and they didn’t) - why would they be the ‘very good horses’ you might potentially be suggesting next March. Chantry House maybe?? He wouldn’t get near Envoi Allen over any distance, surely.

So if I may kindly ask, what horses do you personally think will give Shishkin (in what could be a weak Arkle) and Envoi Allen (possibly they best horse in training and most impressive winner bar Ferny Hollow at the festival) a really, really good fun for their money??

There’s always one, of course, but as I look at the markets now, and assess how they might look in 10 months time, I’m struggling to see serious adversaries to them?
      Also, reading your first ever post on here from 26th Dec 2019:

Originally posted by EnvoyAllen View Post
      I think the market for the Champion Hurdle will sort itself out in due course, whenever the market is ready to. On Boxing Day last year, nobody would have envisaged in the slightest that little over 10 weeks later Espoir D’allen would win this race by a record 15 lengths. Nobody would have suggested that any of Beveur D’air, Laurina or Apples Jade would not have featured in the top 3, when most markets on the day were suggesting the winner,2nd and 3rd would be coming from this select group. So yes, Epatante was very impressive today - but to call her the Champion Hurdle winner at this stage would be foolish with so much more racing to come between now and mid March.
      I'm surprised at the question?
      What is the fundamental difference between the two of your posts/opinions EA?

...and less of the Sir.... I don't have favourites, I dislike everybody an equal amount.
      Last edited by Kevloaf; 2 May 2020, 03:56 PM.

Comment

I'd have thought that Min should be part of this conversation.
        Wouldn’t Min be worth taking on another year older and likely stronger opposition?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceiskey View Post
          Wouldn’t Min be worth taking on another year older and likely stronger opposition?
          9 wins and 5 seconds in 16 chase starts. Finally got the Cheltenham monkey off his back. Almost certain to go for the Ryanair again. If you're looking at 4/1 for Shishkin, 10/1 for Min is very good value.

Comment

9 wins and 5 seconds in 16 chase starts. Finally got the Cheltenham monkey off his back. Almost certain to go for the Ryanair again. If you're looking at 4/1 for Shishkin, 10/1 for Min is very good value.
            Totally agree I was against Min all last season and he proved me wrong, I agree the Ryanair could be red hot but then I feel like at this stage it always could be but usually turns out to be weak. In my opinion Min is overpriced and represents better value than a lot of others.

Comment

Ifs and buts of course thou steering clear of Ryanair picks this early as many have eluded too prob seems the way to go. Mullins wether he admits it or not surely had the Ryanair path as he couldn't beat Altior. With how fragile CPS is and possibly Altior these days he surely would want a CC win at last over a Ryanair follow up if things pan out.

Comment

That was min’s cup final, decline must be setting in soon. I’d be looking at something a bit younger for the Ryanair

Comment

Originally posted by Kautostar View Post
                  That was min’s cup final, decline must be setting in soon. I’d be looking at something a bit younger for the Ryanair
                  You do get solid horses who would spit at that theory ... UDS being one.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                    You do get solid horses who would spit at that theory ... UDS being one.
                    UDS is as tough as they come but he was beaten at 8/11 when he hit 10 years old.

Comment

Min was lucky to win that race Townsend did a great job blocking SC off year older can’t see it myself

Comment

UDS is as tough as they come but he was beaten at 8/11 when he hit 10 years old.
                        Ran in the wrong race that year given the ground we can agree on that

Comment

Originally posted by Arkle View Post
                          Min was lucky to win that race Townsend did a great job blocking SC off year older can’t see it myself
                          Completely agree with that Arkle. SC is twice the price of Min for 2021. I got mugged by Townsend also in the Gold Cup (Santini) and Latest Exhibition in AB although Thyme Hill got the worst of the interference. Not one Stewards, the AB was particularly surprising

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                            Ran in the wrong race that year given the ground we can agree on that
                            He won his next start over a furlong shorter on heavy ground but get your point. Don’t think he wanted that round Cheltenham.

Comment

He won his next start over a furlong shorter on heavy ground but get your point. Don’t think he wanted that round Cheltenham.
                              He got lucky that day Doctor Phoenix upsides, UDS was still cruising but edge of his stamina that ,I'd of loved to see how it would of panned out.

Comment

Epatante and Al Boum with Shisken and Envoi for me.
                                All proven winners. All look set to improve more.
                                If they get there in one piece theyve got to all go close surely.

Comment

Working...
                                X