Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme/Ballymore/Albert Bartlett - Novice Hurdles 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You probably wouldn't expect the Chepstow 5.42 bumper to be significant in the Supreme market but The Bomber Liston makes his debut here, I read that he'll have one bumper run then tackle hurdles and that he's been working well.
    There's some 50/1 available now for the Supreme so he may be worth a small play before todays race because if reports are correct he may well win today and if he really is any good that Supreme price will bomb.
    Henderson/JP combo will always get plenty of attention...

Comment

• .... off to take a look at the 5.42 bumper

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
        You probably wouldn't expect the Chepstow 5.42 bumper to be significant in the Supreme market but The Bomber Liston makes his debut here, I read that he'll have one bumper run then tackle hurdles and that he's been working well.
        There's some 50/1 available now for the Supreme so he may be worth a small play before todays race because if reports are correct he may well win today and if he really is any good that Supreme price will bomb.
        Non runner

Comment

• Queen's Brook only just got home there!
          Decent battling attitude but really expected more.
          I backed her at 1/3 so was a bit bervy, was hobvering over 12/1 for the Mares Novice Hurdle but that wouldn't be good enough, definitely need to see her again, and see her improve.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            Queen's Brook only just got home there!
            I backed her at 1/3 so was a bit bervy, was hobvering over 12/1 for the Mares Novice Hurdle but that wouldn't be good enough, definitely need to see her again, and see her improve.
            Looks like Queens Brook's target is the Bears Bovis Burgle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Queen's Brook only just got home there!
              Her RPR today was 26lbs behind Shewearsitwell's rating last weekend.
              "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                Back to the Giggy novice hurdlers. I’d consider backing the following although only Uhtred and Farouk carry any of my cash. Since my original diary post and subsequent published comments, I’m leaning towards the AB for Farouk now.

Supreme - Uhtred
                Ballymore - Eric Bloodaxe
                AB - Farouk D’alene

Wild card - Wide Receiver
                I was pleased to see Farouk D'alene mentioned by G.E .
                Early day's , but i'm thinking Al Bartlett too Jackie.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                  I was pleased to see Farouk D'alene mentioned by G.E .
                  Early day's , but i'm thinking Al Bartlett too Jackie.
                  Yes we discussed him a while back. Originally in my diary I had Farouk for the Ballymore and Eskylane for the AB but I’m thinking they may need switching now.

Comment

• Originally posted by BookieBasher View Post
                    Non runner
                    The Bomber Liston

I don't think the clerk of the course made many friends yesterday, producing horrific ground at this stage of the season, no wonder so many horses were pulled.

As far as I know the plan is still one bumper then hurdling so I'm happy having a Supreme poke at 50/1 and any race 33/1 even though he hasn't visited a racecourse and if he does impress on debut I'll press...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                      You probably wouldn't expect the Chepstow 5.42 bumper to be significant in the Supreme market but The Bomber Liston makes his debut here, I read that he'll have one bumper run then tackle hurdles and that he's been working well.
                      The only information I could find about The Bomber Liston was the older horse by its name and not the one you’ve back? Any idea what his price tag & seasonal expectations??

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                        The only information I could find about The Bomber Liston was the older horse by its name and not the one you’ve back? Any idea what his price tag & seasonal expectations??
                        Nicky Henderson wrote this in his Unibet blog about The Bomber Liston 3 days ago prior to Chepstow, where he was due to run in the Bumper but was a non runner due to the ground being unsuitable.

The Bomber Liston (Nico de Boinville)

He’s a beautiful looking son of Yeats who would have run in the spring but that obviously didn’t happen; if it did it’s very unlikely he’d have been running in a bumper here as we’d have gone straight over hurdles this season, but he’s still quite green and of the bumper horses we have already run, most of them have needed the experience and it could be the same for him but he’s a very nice horse and we’ll find out what he’s made of here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nortons who View Post
                          Nicky Henderson wrote this in his Unibet blog about The Bomber Liston 3 days ago prior to Chepstow, where he was due to run in the Bumper but was a non runner due to the ground being unsuitable.

The Bomber Liston (Nico de Boinville)

He’s a beautiful looking son of Yeats who would have run in the spring but that obviously didn’t happen; if it did it’s very unlikely he’d have been running in a bumper here as we’d have gone straight over hurdles this season, but he’s still quite green and of the bumper horses we have already run, most of them have needed the experience and it could be the same for him but he’s a very nice horse and we’ll find out what he’s made of here.

https://www.unibet.co.uk/blog/horse-...ance-1.1602959
                          Brilliant, thanks Norton

Comment

• Mr Toad on flinteur Sacre:

“He is a full brother to Sprinter Sacre and has very nearly as much quality as his illustrious brother. He was given a lovely introduction by Barry (Geraghty) at Newbury in January and then went to Kempton where he won easily. He has done plenty of schooling and, although he has a lot to live up too, he is a very exciting prospect for novices’ hurdles.”

Pretty positive. I know I am getting carried away but the old romantic in me would love him to be every bit as good as his brother. He couldn’t could he? Eeek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardy Eustace View Post
                              Mr Toad on flinteur Sacre:

“He is a full brother to Sprinter Sacre and has very nearly as much quality as his illustrious brother. He was given a lovely introduction by Barry (Geraghty) at Newbury in January and then went to Kempton where he won easily. He has done plenty of schooling and, although he has a lot to live up too, he is a very exciting prospect for novices’ hurdles.”

Pretty positive. I know I am getting carried away but the old romantic in me would love him to be every bit as good as his brother. He couldn’t could he? Eeek.
                              Some statement that ! I do think he'll end up his top Supreme horse. Going to top up accordingly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobos View Post
                                Some statement that ! I do think he'll end up his top Supreme horse. Going to top up accordingly!
                                As it stands hed be my biggest supreme winner! I do think hell be really good but im not getting hugely confident at this stage..im interested to see how your darling gets on tommorow in the first at huntingdon..hopefully he franks the form but hes on my radar for the ballymore so i may have to back him this evening and hope he puts in a good performance

Comment

Working...
                                X