Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme/Ballymore/Albert Bartlett - Novice Hurdles 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeeBee View Post
    Any word on Gallard Du Mesnil? I did have a very early lockdown point on for the Supreme after he was mentioned on here.. looks like is still in France though
    I'm guilty for putting up Gaillard Du Mesnil but I'm concerned that he was not included in either recent stable tour. He's definitely been exported to Ireland though and is owned by Joe Donnelly.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

I was of the opinion he'd be one for next season, so would not surprise me if he's held back.

Don't think he's in France though.
      What makes you think they'd hold him back another year? He was purchased in November 2019 so he's been with Willie a long time already. Willie likes to hold them back for one season but two would not be his usual MO unless there is an injury.

Comment

• Neither Ferney or Appreciate It have ran yet so no point fretting over it. The Bumper form and both of them might be crap yet so we'll be left with Ballyadam anyway. ​​​​​​

Comment

• re: CP

I don't think we have any evidence that they'd look to split thus far. But am I remembering correctly that they were adamant that Allaho run in the RSA over the Marsh which Willie favoured?

The vibe I kinda get is they want to run horses in the race they believe to be right.

But I could be wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post

What makes you think they'd hold him back another year? He was purchased in November 2019 so he's been with Willie a long time already. Willie likes to hold them back for one season but two would not be his usual MO unless there is an injury.
            I'll be honest, I'm not really sure why I initially thought it and I think we had discussed previously and I had changed my mind, but now the lack of word on him would make me think again. That said, he is one of plenty that we haven't heard about yet, so who actually knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

I'll be honest, I'm not really sure why I initially thought it and I think we had discussed previously and I had changed my mind, but now the lack of word on him would make me think again. That said, he is one of plenty that we haven't heard about yet, so who actually knows.
              I'm concerned he's not been mentioned but if he's alive and well, I think he'll run this season. The lack of information could mean he's not considered worthy of a write up though

Comment

• Hills have added Call me Lyreen twar 25s...cml had an entry for that novice hurdle at Navan, along with eskyline.. Now got an entry for the royal bond.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post

I'm guilty for putting up Gaillard Du Mesnil but I'm concerned that he was not included in either recent stable tour. He's definitely been exported to Ireland though and is owned by Joe Donnelly.
                  Yes I did think he was with Mullins and was expecting him to be In the stable tour.. I then checked on Racing Post and they have have him as being with Mile Gallorini which prompted my post as I thought maybe I’d imagined the whole thing!

Comment

Yes I did think he was with Mullins and was expecting him to be In the stable tour.. I then checked on Racing Post and they have have him as being with Mile Gallorini which prompted my post as I thought maybe I’d imagined the whole thing!
                    RP is slow to update and sometimes doesn't until they get an entry for new connections.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post

No evidence at all yet Q as don't believe they'e been faced with this situation yet? Now they are buying more and increasing their quality options, might learn a bit more. Thats why i think it will be interesting to see how it pans out.
                      Don't call me Q

- I agree, it will be interesting. I think we should start off thinking they'll let the trainers split them as they don't have a retained jockey.... but, the Allaho situation was interesting. HOWEVER, Willie thought the horse was an Albert Bartlett horse the year before, and in Allaho's defense, only Minella Indo beat him, and he'd finished ahead of Minella Indo prior to that, so the RSA wasn't exactly a ridiculous decision (whether it was his or not).... I assume it's folly to think Mullins was against running in the RSA myself.

I don't think they need to be split up myself, I did put up the related e/w doubles at 389/1 and 509/1 back on 23rd March though
                      Last edited by Kevloaf; 9 November 2020, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• If Willie had been against running in the RSA, he wouldn't have run in the RSA.

Comment

• This was the Quote last year - doesn't point at all to CP dictating target. From the quote it could as easily be WP decided it. Is there some other quote to think CP decided?

I was talking to Cheveley Park the other day and the RSA is the probable race for him. He's light on experience, but he gallops and jumps.

"We'll see how he works between now and then. He could go back for the Marsh, but at the moment I'm aiming at the RSA.

Comment

• Cashed out Appreciate It in the Supreme. Might reinvest into the AB, not sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Altior View Post
                              Cashed out Appreciate It in the Supreme. Might reinvest into the AB, not sure.
                              Mullins name dropped the Ballymore in the sporting life tour so you’d have to be looking here... you couldn’t rule out the AB but I think most saw him as more of a Ballymore horse even before the tour

Comment

Mullins name dropped the Ballymore in the sporting life tour so you’d have to be looking here... you couldn’t rule out the AB but I think most saw him as more of a Ballymore horse even before the tour
                                Yep have him backed heavier in the Ballymore already the same time I'd him backed for the supreme so happy enough regardless!

Comment

Working...
                                X