Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Festival Forum Yankees 2021 - March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky 13229/1, think I’ll swerve.
    And the other 2 accs I can play with don’t have all horses quoted.
    Will Have to re-visit later in the year...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
      Sky 13229/1, think I’ll swerve.
      And the other 2 accs I can play with don’t have all horses quoted.
      Will Have to re-visit later in the year...
      Not worth covering the four fold just in case..

As unlikely as it is, I’m adamant we will win the lot on on it one year

Comment

I don’t see much price movement MoM, not in the next few weeks anyway, and hopefully Fred and Betway can expand their markets in that time to give me another comparison.
        I’ll get it in the book at some point...

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
          ESSAY COMPLETE. We pulled a last minute all nighter so managed to submit it in time.

Back to the more important matter at hand..

MARCH YANKEE:
          Paisley Park - Stayers Hurdle
          Pic D’Orhy - Arkle
          Chacun Pour Soi - Champion Chase
          Topofthegame - Gold Cup

Best odds - 27,845
          Bookmaker - Paddy Power & Betfair
          Are these the top 4 horses picked by the forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
            I don’t see much price movement MoM, not in the next few weeks anyway, and hopefully Fred and Betway can expand their markets in that time to give me another comparison.
            I’ll get it in the book at some point...
            Oh I see what you mean now. Thought you were swerving it altogether because of the price differential.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceiskey View Post
              Are these the top 4 horses picked by the forum?
              Don’t think so. Some months I just read the threads and go for four nominated horses that seem popular on here and that I like. Some months I put it to a forum vote. Some months are themed. For example, the Gordon Elliott yankee pair a nice double this year of Samcro and Envoi at 132/1. Needed delta for a big return.

All good fun.

As for your question, no. They’re not the top picked horses by the forum for this thread. All four were chosen at least 3 times in the thread though across the 8 pages

Comment

Don’t think so. Some months I just read the threads and go for four nominated horses that seem popular on here and that I like. Some months I put it to a forum vote. Some months are themed. For example, the Gordon Elliott yankee pair a nice double this year of Samcro and Envoi at 132/1. Needed delta for a big return.

All good fun.

As for your question, no. They’re not the top picked horses by the forum for this thread. All four were chosen at least 3 times in the thread though across the 8 pages
                Ok cheers.

Comment

ESSAY COMPLETE. We pulled a last minute all nighter so managed to submit it in time.

Back to the more important matter at hand..

MARCH YANKEE:
                  Paisley Park - Stayers Hurdle
                  Pic D’Orhy - Arkle
                  Chacun Pour Soi - Champion Chase
                  Topofthegame - Gold Cup

Best odds - 27,845
                  Bookmaker - Paddy Power & Betfair
                  Lets hope we give the bookies a BAT ering

Comment

How did last years Yankees do, I didnt follow them but genuinely interested team.

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
                      How did last years Yankees do, I didnt follow them but genuinely interested team.
                      Profit of about 30%

I think it was an early ish one that had Delta Work (16/1), Envoi Allen (10/1), Malone Road (16/1) and Samcro (16/1) but that was where the money was made with the double securing profit straight from that.

Had a couple of unlucky ones too. The A Plus Tard (20/1) and Carefully Selected (25/1) double was about 7/2 combined by the Tuesday morning

Comment

Profit of about 30%

I think it was an early ish one that had Delta Work (16/1), Envoi Allen (10/1), Malone Road (16/1) and Samcro (16/1) but that was where the money was made with the double securing profit straight from that.

Had a couple of unlucky ones too. The A Plus Tard (20/1) and Carefully Selected (25/1) double was about 7/2 combined by the Tuesday morning
                        I was a bit lucky then as that winning one was the only one I backed as TBLs and a four fold. Obvs it didn’t win but I did lay a chunk on Delta Works for the GC on the Friday and reinvested on ABP to balance things up a bit, one of my better moves. Will back a few more this year

Comment

Profit of about 30%

The Gorden Elliott Yankee was the Sept Yankee. Thinks it makes sense to do the Mullins and Elliott yankees at around the same time of the year as in Sept/Oct or Oct/Nov

Comment

Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                            The Gorden Elliott Yankee was the Sept Yankee. Thinks it makes sense to do the Mullins and Elliott yankees at around the same time of the year as in Sept/Oct or Oct/Nov
                            I agree. Worked well like that last year

Comment

Can remember reading that Kev had a cunning plan to find the Elliott horse for the Martin Pipe sometime in Nov.If we waited for then we could get a big price on it

Comment

Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                                Can remember reading that Kev had a cunning plan to find the Elliott horse for the Martin Pipe sometime in Nov.If we waited for then we could get a big price on it
                                Now , That sound's like a proper plan Somer !

Comment

Working...
                                X