Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Festival Forum Yankees 2021 - March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festival Forum Yankees 2021 - March

And we’re off again. First yankee for 2021.

We made a profit on them this year but were ever so close to a huge return if Delta had won the Gold Cup. That Yankee paid about 17 points to a 1 point total stake but would’ve been about 400 points if Delta had won. So we’re getting closer to hitting the big time.

Without further adoo.. I’ll open us up with Paisley Park for the stayers Hurdle and Defi for the Ryanair.
    Last edited by Middle_Of_March; 20 March 2020, 02:14 PM.

'I can't see a thread for it , so posting this here for now.
    March Forum Yankee - Minella Indo - Gold Cup - 16-1.'

From BigChaang

Comment

I was pretty rubbish at getting on them all this season, but making a conscious effort to be involved next season.

Champ 14/1 Gold Cup - The way he got up that hill left me astounded. His jumping needs improving ofc. but hoping he matures a bit next season.

Benie Des Dieux 8/1 Stayers -She's 10 next season, won't be getting any quicker, unlike Honeysuckle. Surely a step up in trip beckons. Her 3m form is brilliant.

Comment

Chacun pour Soi 6/1

It’s been my only bet for the festival 2021 thus far.

That 2 mile division looks very very weak to me, I wasn’t really impressed with anything from the Arkle this year and couldn’t see them novices steeping into champion chase being too competitive. Fakir maybe if we factor in the improvement to come with his age. Altior a year older and I can’t see him adding another champion chase to his CV he has to be losing some of his speed now. Politologue couldn’t believe he won this year, but the race was run as he liked and was allowed to dictate. Fair winner this year but surely not the class to be a double champion chase winner, he’s been beaten enough times in his career. Defi, no idea what happened at the festival.... the wheels fell off. Was he just mopping up the 2 mile races, I could imagine next year they might step up to the Ryanair as that distance surely suits him more. Melon, Samcro, Min and A plus Tard all unlikely runners to me.

Dynamite dollars makes some appeal 33/1, but what form does he actually have that suggests he has the class to win at Cheltenham festival 🤷*♂️.

For all Chacun pour Soi has missed the festival twice now, you can count him very unlucky this year. He has always been a hype horse but theres substance to his form beating Min and Defi comfortably would suggest the talent to match the hype. The defeat to a plus tard you have to allow the fitness excuse,

But tell me what beats him?

Comment

Ferny Hollow - Supreme @14s. Strong traveling horse who will be suited by the easy the Supreme is ran.
          Shishkin - Arkle @5s. I was against him in the supreme but he looked special. Loved the way jumped the last. Could be top drawer.

Comment

Originally posted by Willdunn99 View Post
            Chacun pour Soi 6/1

It’s been my only bet for the festival 2021 thus far.

That 2 mile division looks very very weak to me, I wasn’t really impressed with anything from the Arkle this year and couldn’t see them novices steeping into champion chase being too competitive. Fakir maybe if we factor in the improvement to come with his age. Altior a year older and I can’t see him adding another champion chase to his CV he has to be losing some of his speed now. Politologue couldn’t believe he won this year, but the race was run as he liked and was allowed to dictate. Fair winner this year but surely not the class to be a double champion chase winner, he’s been beaten enough times in his career. Defi, no idea what happened at the festival.... the wheels fell off. Was he just mopping up the 2 mile races, I could imagine next year they might step up to the Ryanair as that distance surely suits him more. Melon, Samcro, Min and A plus Tard all unlikely runners to me.

Dynamite dollars makes some appeal 33/1, but what form does he actually have that suggests he has the class to win at Cheltenham festival ��*♂️.

For all Chacun pour Soi has missed the festival twice now, you can count him very unlucky this year. He has always been a hype horse but theres substance to his form beating Min and Defi comfortably would suggest the talent to match the hype. The defeat to a plus tard you have to allow the fitness excuse,

But tell me what beats him?
            I don't disagree with the majority of your reasoning BUT 6/1 is a short price to take this far out... even IF the horse has been relatively injury free.
            Having missed the last two festivals... it's a risky one.
            I would rather take:
            Abracadabras - CH @ 10's
            Allaho - Ryanair @ 10's
            Thyme Hill - Stayers @ 12's
            Minella Indo - GC @ 16's

( I may just go and place that one...)

Comment

If we are talking gold cup Topofthegame has to be the best value imo.

He’d be my shout at 20/1+ most places.

Comment

I'll throw in Riders on the Storm in the Ryanair...

Comment

....Saint Calvados @ 20-1 for Ryanair, although I appreciate that this far out it might be more sensible sticking to selections with more definite targets.
                  Last edited by Eggs; 20 March 2020, 03:23 PM.

Comment

I guess envoi allen for the marsh has to be in with a shout ... not the best of odds but I can’t see anything other than this target

Comment

At a big price I'll put forward Marie's Rock for the Champion Hurdle at 50-1. Looks an out and out 2 Miler with an impressive turn of foot shown this season. Admittedly she's beaten nothing so far but that's represented in the price.

Comment

I have Ferny following Envoi's route with he Ballymore in mind. Hard to say at this stage.

Topofthegame is a good selection though, if fit you know where he is going

Comment

If you think that Envoi Allen goes to the Marsh, Monkfish at 12/1 in the RSA is a good price.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                            If you think that Envoi Allen goes to the Marsh, Monkfish at 12/1 in the RSA is a good price.
                            Agree with this, although in the trainers quotes page, Mullins mentions stayers as well.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                              ...tipped up by Gary Nutting on ATR in the last day or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X