Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Festival Forum Yankees 2021 - March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
    I’m definitely with you on Paisley for this. He’s almost guaranteed to be selected for this months.

Not sure about Allaho though. He strikes me as a horse we could back in later yankees if we do wished and he’d still be a backable price as he’d most likely have been beat at some point. If he hasn’t been beaten, they’d go for the Gold Cup which, if I remember correctly, has already been touted as a target for him. He just seems the type that could end up in a Ryanair but will still be a fair price at Christmas time. So I’d personally be against him for this a year in advance.
    The mid-trip Marsh and Ryanair are trappier races for knowing for sure that it will be the race target for horses, and probably better, so far out, to go with horses with stronger likely targets.
    "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
      The mid-trip Marsh and Ryanair are trappier races for knowing for sure that it will be the race target for horses, and probably better, so far out, to go with horses with stronger likely targets.
      I completely agree

Comment

As a side note, great to see lots of discussion for this a whole year in advance. Four pages is good going lads. Top stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
          Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
          I completely agree
          It's fair enough, but I am confident about Allaho's long term target already

Not the same circumstances as Min, but the end result will be the same

Samcro might win it for his owners/the sponsers

Comment

I think Angels Breath could be Ryanair bound.

Hoping he comes back fit and well as he looked really good in his 2 starts over the larger obstacles. Obviously will need to step up but see no reason why he couldn’t.

The fact Nicky has Santini and Champ for the Gold Cup could make the assumption of a Ryanair tilt easier to predict what do people think? 25/1 with 365, price probably won’t change in the next while and as he’s injured but one I’ve noted down.

Comment

Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
              I think Angels Breath could be Ryanair bound.

Hoping he comes back fit and well as he looked really good in his 2 starts over the larger obstacles. Obviously will need to step up but see no reason why he couldn’t.

The fact Nicky has Santini and Champ for the Gold Cup could make the assumption of a Ryanair tilt easier to predict what do people think? 25/1 with 365, price probably won’t change in the next while and as he’s injured but one I’ve noted down.
              I’d want to see some signs of life before I backed him, the injury sounded pretty bad at the time. Hope he makes it back but wouldn’t be backing until a stable tour or an entry

Comment

I always think the Ryanair is so hard even this far out.
                Wind forward 10 months and you can bet your life that half of the top 10 in the betting won’t be heading for the race, so 50 weeks out it’s near impossible for me.
                The first yankee or two should, for me,
                be on known target horses

Comment

O.k .. Targets assured , High value , Bookie bashing yankee ..
                  1.- Latest Exhibition - r.s.a chase @ 16-1.
                  2.- Put the kettle on - champion chase @ 20-1.
                  3.- Darling Daughter - mares nov hurdle @ 33-1.
                  4.- Topofthegame - gold cup @ 20-1.
                  What's not to like ??..

Comment

I like that BC, only issue is finding a bookie who has the Mares novice priced up, I can’t use any of those who are and I doubt I’m the only one...

Comment

I was slightly surprised , but Corals have all the prices and several others .

Comment

I made the mistake of having consecutive winning cricket bets in 2006 with Corals which was an automatic red card.
                        And it’ll be a while before the shops are open...

Comment

Yes true , But i can't imagine those prices tumbling too soon.

Comment

Put The Kettle On 20/1 for the CC but 10/1 for the Mares Chase so her target race wouldn't be certain.

Comment

Fury Road for the RSA @20/1.

It would look like he's going to be gigginstown number 1 novice chaser over 3 miles next season and therefore he'd almost be be guaranteed to run in the RSA.

Comment

Like Fury Road for the rsa.

Don’t think much will come out of the Arkle imo, front 2 did themselves justice but the rest I wouldn’t look at again for cheltenham to be honest. They might have just performed better on the day in a poor renewal. Fakir could still have plenty of improvement, I’ve doubted him the whole time so he won me over a little.

Comment

Working...
                                X