Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival 2021 - Horses Targets/Trainer Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by archie View Post
    Ability - noun - possession of the means or the skill to do something.

If you don't have the means, ie the quality horses, it doesn't matter how much skill you have.

Ability - noun:

possession of the means or skill to do something.

talent, skill, or proficiency in a particular area.

I took it as the second meaning, and Dan Skelton has the talent and skill to train Grade 1 winners (and festival winners), he's proven that already. I think he'll get the means over the next few years as he's still on the upward curve.

It's 15:40 on a Saturday and I'm arguing with a grown man about dictionary defintions... and that's better than 20 minutes ago when I was fitting a new toilet seat.

Worst. Saturday. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      The Kevloaf bangwagon? Could you not have just agreed with archie without trying to provoke or antagonize?

Do you note down everybody that agrees with me and everyone that doesn't and keep a tally chart?

Not wanting to antagonise or provoke anyone at all, so apologies for the Kevloaf Bandwagon comment
      Everyone has their own opinions on here, and no I don’t note down who does and does not agree with you
      People agree or disagree based on their opinion, not based on who said it
      Last edited by Kevloaf; 28 March 2020, 05:26 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Comment

Do you think Allmankind will go Ballymore to avoid Shishkin?

Comment

Originally posted by callhimgamblor View Post
          Do you mean Appreciate It ?
          I’ve said many times that good champion bumper horses Generally make stayers, not speed horses, so I’d think Ballymore ahead of Supreme.

If you meant Allmankind to go Marsh to avoid Shishkin then again, Triumph horses generally need further with time so maybe the Marsh would suit more than an Arkle

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
            Do you mean Appreciate It ?
            I’ve said many times that good champion bumper horses Generally make stayers, not speed horses, so I’d think Ballymore ahead of Supreme.

If you meant Allmankind to go Marsh to avoid Shishkin then again, Triumph horses generally need further with time so maybe the Marsh would suit more than an Arkle
            Whose to say yet that AMK will def go chasing. All I have seen to date from Dan Skelton is his intention to avoid meeting Goshen again. He could plot a hurdles campaign to miss the CH. Below is his quote. Not sure I would be backing AMK yet for any of the chases.

"It's the hardest year for hurdlers after their juvenile season, so we will see what the season brings and I'm not going to make big commitments or bold predictions. I think we will just try to avoid Goshen."

Comment

Originally posted by callhimgamblor View Post
              ...Skelton has said it’ll certainly be avoiding Goshen.

Comment

....Chris Gordon says they ‘might just crack on with novice chasing next season’ for Highway One O Two:

Chris Gordon expects Highway One O Two to build on his impressive form over hurdles and continue his ascent through the ranks over fences.

Comment

Originally posted by Nortons who View Post
                  Whose to say yet that AMK will def go chasing. All I have seen to date from Dan Skelton is his intention to avoid meeting Goshen again. He could plot a hurdles campaign to miss the CH. Below is his quote. Not sure I would be backing AMK yet for any of the chases.

"It's the hardest year for hurdlers after their juvenile season, so we will see what the season brings and I'm not going to make big commitments or bold predictions. I think we will just try to avoid Goshen."
                  Yea NW, but I was responding to an impossible question and had to guess what callhimgamblor meant in his post.
                  Targets are undecided for the vast majority of horses as we know, it nay be that trainers have kept their NH horses ready in these times, they may have been put out to field, some may well have schooled a few over fences, either way it’ll be Sept/Oct before we know...

Comment

I know the answer is probably no (given who owns him) but has there been any suggestion that Easysland might go for a proper race? What would be the downside? A failure and he could revert back. There is a chance his talents are being wasted.

That moment has now gone but I thought at his peak Tiger Roll should have been given a crack at a Grade 1.

These two horses might have saved a mediocre event but effectively they are too good for that race.

Comment

Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                      I know the answer is probably no (given who owns him) but has there been any suggestion that Easysland might go for a proper race? What would be the downside? A failure and he could revert back. There is a chance his talents are being wasted.

That moment has now gone but I thought at his peak Tiger Roll should have been given a crack at a Grade 1.

These two horses might have saved a mediocre event but effectively they are too good for that race.
                      I've read they've said he's going back to the Cross Country race.... but I haven't got the source sorry.

Comment

Racing t.v interview/ news last week i think ..
                        edit- in the " most read " news section .
                        - " it would be a dream to run in the gold cup / big one ??"
                        Last edited by BigChaang; 29 March 2020, 11:13 AM.

Comment

....interesting article re Whittington sending his horses to show jumper, Laura Collett, ahead of the festival:

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/...am-role/178727[/QUOTE]

I wouldn’t be surprised if others follow suit.

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
                            Racing t.v interview/ news last week i think ..
                            edit- in the " most read " news section .
                            - " it would be a dream to run in the gold cup / big one ??"
                            That headline is very misleading because there is nothing in the quotes below it that would suggest that anything other than the same cross country route is very unlikely. A total waste.

Comment

https://www.itv.com/racing/easysland...tenham-heroics Regarding Easysland

Comment

Darver Star going chasing (Arkle)

Incredible improver Darver Star cemented his place at the top table of two-mile hurdling with an excellent third in the Unibet Champion Hurdle... Read More

Comment

Working...
                                X