Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival 2021 - Horses Targets/Trainer Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theres some real comedy in this thread!

Comment

• ....Willie Mullins talks about this weeks runners in his Sporting Life column;

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/...-column/186894

....and Gordon Elliott chats about his Saturday runners;

It's a busy afternoon for Betfair ambassador Gordon Elliott at Fairyhouse. Check out his thoughts on his team.
      Last edited by Eggs; 28 November 2020, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post

Awe poor Tom George, he trained a number of horses fir them, that will be a big loss to him financially and it’s looks bad when an owner pulls all the horses. It’s happened to Rebecca Curtis, Phil Kirby and even Willie Mullins. With regards to rumours I did hear a rumour (I didn’t really!!) that the McNeils had enough of big Tom exposing himself in numerous owners & trainers bars across the country shouting out ‘anyone fancy trying to saddle this bad boy, you’ll get one hell of a ride’. The McNeils used to find Tom’s party trick very amusing until Mrs McNeil tried to mount him and fell off his cock after it went lame from too much brandy and she fell to the deck and broke her ankle
        Only just seen this .... P.M.S.L !!.. Brilliant !!

Comment

• gordy again confirming the Marsh for Envoi (doesnt get any more definitive than that!) and a confirmation of the supreme the target for ballyadam

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
            https://www.racingtv.com/videos/watch/ondemand/98076

gordy again confirming the Marsh for Envoi (doesnt get any more definitive than that!) and a confirmation of the supreme the target for ballyadam
            Well that's good news for the majority of people.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
              https://www.racingtv.com/videos/watch/ondemand/98076

gordy again confirming the Marsh for Envoi (doesnt get any more definitive than that!) and a confirmation of the supreme the target for ballyadam

....yes, he seemed very firm about both objectives. I have a nice ‘saver’ on Envoi for the RSA that I’m already tempted to cash-out and I dare say I’m not the only one to have Ballyadam covered for the Ballymore.

It’s cash-out or not cash-out time.

Comment

• Just worth mentioning.

Gordon Elliott also said previously that Apple's Jade is definitely going for the Mares Hurdle - as we know, she ran in the CH.

Certainly not gospel, but encouraging all the same.

Comment

• Nicholls appears to have seen sense and is now in two minds about a Stayers tilt with McFabulous.

Comment

• Benie Des Dieux into 5/1 with BF/PP for Mares Chase and out to 7/1 for Mares Hurdle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marty973 View Post
                      Benie Des Dieux into 5/1 with BF/PP for Mares Chase and out to 7/1 for Mares Hurdle.
                      Big moves. I wonder if its money or stable information

Comment

Benie Des Dieux into 5/1 with BF/PP for Mares Chase and out to 7/1 for Mares Hurdle.
                        Oh. Very interesting indeed.

Comment

It looks like Concertista proved she could be a worth WPM number one for the Mares Hurdle and has been cut by BF/PP again this morning for the race, after being 13/2 overnight to 9/2 now.
                          I think its more about Concertista's performance, and that means if/when BDD re-appears this season then its more likely now, to be chasing.
                          "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post

It looks like Concertista proved she could be a worth WPM number one for the Mares Hurdle and has been cut by BF/PP again this morning for the race, after being 13/2 overnight to 9/2 now.
                            I think its more about Concertista's performance, and that means if/when BDD re-appears this season then its more likely now, to be chasing.
                            Yeah would agree with that, Concertista gives them an able deputy.

The fact Benie has had a slight setback and her age I think too would lean them slightly to the easier route of winning the chase which Rich and co have historically went for the easier option of just winning races.

The fact that Rich and Willie already mentioned it would suggest its well in their minds already to go there, half the battle is having the owner on board with the race and plan which Rich seemed to happily accept when asked.

Comment

• James du Berlais in his way to these Shores from France has just been announced

Comment

• Originally posted by Crolwey113 View Post
                                James du Berlais in his way to these Shores from France has just been announced
                                Any idea which trainer he is going to?

Comment

Working...
                                X