Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2021 - Ante Post Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To everyone saying Envoi to the Marsh, didn't Gordon Elliot say he was bought to be a three-mile chaser? Surely he'll be heading to the RSA.

Comment

Champ for the GC and Ferny Hollow for the Ballymore are the only two Ive struck so far.

Comment

I racked up a very healthy free bet balance with Betway and backed these with the balance :

Saldier - Champ hurdle 25/1
        Thyme Hill - Stayers 16/1
        Fakir Doudaries - QM Chase 25/1
        Champ - Gold Cup 12/1
        TopoftheGame - Gold Cup 25/1
        Minella Indo - Gold Cup 14/1

Permed several doubles too...

Comment

Originally posted by lethalsteps View Post
          To everyone saying Envoi to the Marsh, didn't Gordon Elliot say he was bought to be a three-mile chaser? Surely he'll be heading to the RSA.
          3 mile chaser for the future ......... this would mean Gold Cup. I remember Gordon saying he regrets running Don Cossack in the RSA as it knocked the stuffing out of him. I’d be pretty confident Envoi will take the same route as Samcro.

Comment

Of Melon, Mullins said: "He ran a fantastic race, and that's the fourth second in a Grade One he has had here. The cheekpieces have definitely helped his jumping, as he was gaining lengths with his jumping and on the whole it was very good.

"Hopefully he might race in the big one (Gold Cup) in the future, as he jumps and stays."

Source (https://www.rte.ie/sport/racing/2020...novices-chase/)
            Thanks. That's interesting, 2 and a half seemed to suit. Was running through the line well though

Comment

Already taken 33/1 on TOTG for the GC as well as Champ at 15s.

Ferny Hollow for the Ballymore at 14s and Bob Olinger Any race at 17.5/1 With Hills.

And a couple of RAB with Sky. Don't need to put much on when they are 50/1 Plus

Comment

Would Ferny definitely go the Ballymore route? He looks like he needs to be buried in a field and travel off the pace.

That shouts Supreme more than Ballymore for me.

Comment

Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
                  Would Ferny definitely go the Ballymore route? He looks like he needs to be buried in a field and travel off the pace.

That shouts Supreme more than Ballymore for me.
                  I think Appreciate It is more likely for the Ballymore. That being said, not sure if Cheveley would want both Ferny and Malone Road in the supreme.

I'm going to be staying away from Appreciate It and Ferny until at least after Punchestown because Mullins said the plan is for both to run there.

Comment

Have my eye on Thyme Hill 20/1 for stayers on 365. Has Phillip Hobbs said anything yet about plans for next season?

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                      ....Melon Gold Cup and Thyme Hill Stayers my little interest this morning given trainer comments.
                      What was said about Thyme Hill?

Comment

If Ferny Hollow was mine I'd seriously consider skipping hurdles, at 5yo he looks built to be a chaser so I'd love to see him heading to a Marsh/RSA as a 6yo, however unusual that might be...

Comment

I think Appreciate It is more likely for the Ballymore. That being said, not sure if Cheveley would want both Ferny and Malone Road in the supreme.

I'm going to be staying away from Appreciate It and Ferny until at least after Punchestown because Mullins said the plan is for both to run there.
                          I thought the same about malone road and Ferny. That’s why I’ve gone Ferny for ballymore he looked like he had plenty more in the tank coming up the hill for me.

25/1 malone road is a cracking price considering he was 10/1 this time last year on 365

Comment

Yeah I thought Ferny really relished every yard of the trip and flew up the hill. Think he would definitely favour the Ballymore. They might also think it makes sense to follow the same route as Envoi Allen did as it has worked well this time around.

Probably will have something on Malone Rad at 25/1 but won't be getting heavily involved, as it does appear he is a tough horse to keep sound.

Comment

Placed my first 2021 bet: Rayapour to win any race at 25/1

Comment

Very infrequent poster here.
                                Not sure my limited knowledge would bring anything to the party but
                                Just wanted to say cheers to the main men on here. The info is invaluable ��

Comment

Working...
                                X